It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright flashing "star" in sky

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Been seeing this star as well, finally installed Stellarium and confirmed that it is Sirius. It does the light show when it's low in the sky red, blue, green, white and wobbles, goes in little circles and moves slightly side to side.

Here's a pic, check the nearby stars to see if your star is the same one I've been seeing. Note it's position to Orion's belt. img84.imageshack.us...

Anyone know why it moves around so much? I noticed the stars on Orion's belt moving alot as well. Not talking about their track across the sky I'm talking about the little wobbles and shifts they are doing or is it Earth that is doing the wobbling?

I'm in Northern California, about 50 minutes east of San Francisco.
edit on 15-12-2010 by TheRevered because: botched the image whoops

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I was gonna make a thread about a similar object. I'm just wondering what star/planet it is. I don't think it's a satellite cause I watched it for quite a while and it doesn't move. just flashes red green blue and err white i guess. I made a video of it which i can post if someone can tell me how to upload it to ATS but it doesn't show a whole lot just the small flashing star(?) and it realtive location above the houses below it. I've seen it a couple nights but latest was:

Dec 14th
10:30-11
Victoria BC Sea Level
Azimuth: maybe 100 degrees?
and not sure of the altitude one of the lower stars in the sky tho.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
well, I have seen this bright vivid star which appears to change colors since the winter of 2008. It was new for me 2 years ago but not anymore. Whatever it is, it exists.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
i have seen it do a trick....and i guess it's location matches saturn...which is rising in the night three hours after sunset...
but it's mag is too bright for saturn, till it dims as it rises further....it's suspect...i'm watching, if it does a move around trick again, it's some sign in the heavens
no, not saturn...it rises in thr morning...ok
it is in the sirius location,too
edit on 16-12-2010 by GBP/JPY because: why is it so bright when rising 3X

edit on 16-12-2010 by GBP/JPY because: morning

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
How can anyone not see it? I know exactly of the one you're talking about, cuz it's still there. I thought it might've been a star eating another one, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I am, however, for the idea of the atmospheric illusion that may be giving it the appearence (even maybe caused by pollution) of flashing rapidly, but whatever the cause, I've also seen it change from green to red to white in rapid succession.

Very interesting to look through a telescope as well : )

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
ahh yes, sirius!!! the most awesome star in the sky. with a good night of stiff drinking or other "recreationals" it straight up looks like a police light in the sky.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I live in Aston, Pennsylvania. I too, have seen this "star" and it IS new.... I look at the night sky on a regular basis and I see this red, white sparkling "star" (blue light, not so much) and it doesnt stay in the same position. I will see it in the North sky very low too, then an hour later it will be in the West, still very low. When I stare at it, it seems to move - but then again it could be my eyes...I found this stream and was so excited that someone else wants to know what this is... I VERY MUCH WANT TO KNOW WHAT THIS IS!!! It looks like its eventually going to explode ..... I HOPE NOT...

edit on 9-10-2011 by catinthehouseusa because: signed: Cat extra DIV

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I'm fairly certain that this "star" is moving closer and closer. Everyone I've pointed it out to has said that it doesn't look natural. They think it's a plane. I point out that it's not moving like a plane and they say, yes it's moving. But then after a few moments they realize that it is not a plane. It's there night after night and it seems to keep getting bigger and brighter. I thought it was definitely Sirius at first, but now I'm not so sure. It doesn't act like a star should. It moves. Or we move. I know the Earth has changed its wobble and I believe it is affecting our view of the sky. Or maybe we've sped up time, not the 24 hour clock that we created, but actual time. Maybe old stars are returning and new ones appearing and maybe they're both really the same thing. I don't know - but it's fun to think about!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sclerogrrl

Can you tell me where in the sky (N, S ,E,or W) that you are seeing this object and what time of the night? Also, what is your general location?

You said it seemed to move, but is there night after night, so obviously it isn't moving very quickly. Is it moving exactly the same as the rest of the stars (i.e., rising and setting every night next to the same stars), or does it look like it has moved slightly relative to the other stars every night? Obviously, most the stars and planets move across the sky every night between the time they rise toward the East and set toward the West. (I say "most" because stars in the far northern sky don't rise and set, as seen in most locations).

If it is staying in the same place relative to the other stars night after night for weeks at a time -- and is only moving at the same speed as the other stars (as the Earth rotates under it), then it is probably a brights star.

If it is moving ever so slightly against the background of the other stars -- more so than the amount it would normally move every night, then it could be a planet. If that motion relative to the background of stars is noticeable after only a few day's time, then it's probably Venus.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Check out SPICA and near by stars...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Don't have time to go through the whole thread ATM, but judging from the OP, I would say serius(I think that is how it is spelled). It is a brilliant star, near orion's belt, I love that star, it looks especially great in the winter time

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Nizzmo

I live in Eastern Ky. And as an avid sky watcher, I've noticed this same star you're talking about. It's different from the others, and was'nt there before 2 years ago. It is bigger, and brighter than the others; And if you look through a telescope at it, it looks a lot closer than any other star. It's not a planet, and does'nt travel through thier plane anyway. Whatever it is, with each pass it seems to be getting closer. Even when the sky is just foggy enough to block out all the other stars, this one showes through. Changing colors all the time, and as the year progresses; It moves on accross the sky passing other stars. At the rate it's going, I think we will soon find out!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Homealone777

Can you give more details on this star?

Times you see it, direction, how high is it etc etc.

Thanks.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
this object is clearly a station or some type of utility in space for crafts...
I've been watching this object for over 5 years now, It orginally caught my eye and I thought it was helicopter hovering with police lights.
Theres more than one of the same objects were talking about here, the brightest closest one is in the south west horizion, there's also one in the north west horizon as well as the north eastern horizon I cant explain the exact locations through lattitude longititude..
but its obivous that they arent stars
what "star" flashes mutilple colors at a fast rate like that?
none
theres disinformation going on about what it is
and even on this thread theres disinformation going on
people dont want to believe its something unknown so they look for the first answer that might be it and are satisfied with it
when you look closely at the entire sky you'll notice that there's these same type of objects stationed all around the sky, some closer but most are far enough away to just enough to think they are stars
one night as i was observing the sky, i noticed a ufo for the first time i've seen one fly up to one of the flashing objects and link up with it and then it took off
i witness account that these objects are some type of extra teresstrial stations

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Its not the ISS as some earlier posters have suggested. Ive watched the ISS in the sky before, it looks like a fast moving satellite thats really bright...

... and also, Ive seen Sirius flash red, green, blue before. Its to the lower left of Orion. It probably makes up for 50% of MUFON's reports.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
MAN! Every morning In Ontario Canada, Saint Thomas Is My town. 36,000 people. I live on the 7th floor. Every morning it is clear around 5-6 am. Clear and dark. There Is one big massive bright star looking thing in the sky, It sits to the top right of the moon when the moon is visible. I don't hav a telescope. It PULSES. It so bright it blows my mind because its literally the only thing I'm able to see, Constellation wise in the sky around this time...And i'm not exaggerating it is really bright, For me It is EAST and its always there before the sun comes up...Does anyone know wtf it is? My assumptions were it is a Planet...But the orb it gives of isn't circular like the moons light or like any star light. The orb comes out the sides, almost like Saturn's rings. Its hard to tell because it is so far away but legit The light source coming off of this massive "star" is not normal. The light comes out both side I'm looking at it right now out my window as I type this. I don't even know what to thing. I had a dream last night and I woke up literally talk to someone but I couldn't remember what I was talking bout, almost as if I was speaking a completely different language in my sleep. I dont know what to think of this experience. I felt as if I was helping someone understand something in my dream who knew nothing about me. I'm mind boggles and I don't know ...I could go on forever this is just mind blowing. The orbs get gradually greater in size out of the sides of this "star" "Planet" Thing.....Someone help me understand what is going on around here please!
Sincerely,
- CaLiDoN519

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

MAN! Every morning In Ontario Canada, Saint Thomas Is My town. 36,000 people. I live on the 7th floor. Every morning it is clear around 5-6 am. Clear and dark. There Is one big massive bright star looking thing in the sky, It sits to the top right of the moon when the moon is visible. I don't hav a telescope. It PULSES. It so bright it blows my mind because its literally the only thing I'm able to see, Constellation wise in the sky around this time...And i'm not exaggerating it is really bright, For me It is EAST and its always there before the sun comes up...Does anyone know wtf it is? My assumptions were it is a Planet...But the orb it gives of isn't circular like the moons light or like any star light. The orb comes out the sides, almost like Saturn's rings. Its hard to tell because it is so far away but legit The light source coming off of this massive "star" is not normal. The light comes out both side I'm looking at it right now out my window as I type this. I don't even know what to thing. I had a dream last night and I woke up literally talk to someone but I couldn't remember what I was talking bout, almost as if I was speaking a completely different language in my sleep. I dont know what to think of this experience. I felt as if I was helping someone understand something in my dream who knew nothing about me. I'm mind boggles and I don't know ...I could go on forever this is just mind blowing. The orbs get gradually greater in size out of the sides of this "star" "Planet" Thing.....Someone help me understand what is going on around here please!
Sincerely,
- CaLiDoN519

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Sincerely,
- CaLiDoN519

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Its called Venus

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

are you sure lol man then im just trippin!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join