It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright flashing "star" in sky

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

im in central cal and im seeing it in the same location

its very strange that iver never noticed a star there before.

And earlier in the evening there is no star that that could accopunt for it

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Just posted my sighting in another thread
but currently there is a flashing, color changing star to the south of my location here in south florida. My view is towards the west and this "star" is about 30-35 degrees from the southern horizon.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
What a lpt of people are describing does not sound like a "twinkling" star at all, and given it's movement, doesn't sound like a stellar object either, and if it's not a planet, then it's either a satellite, or, a SPACE SHIP.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Does one of you have a simple picture of this thing? With other identifiable stars in the background?

Thread after thread of the same thing, with not even a simple location of where it is? South, West, on the horizon, not on the horizon, I've read it all but still not the slightest description of where to see it.

I lay out in my spa nearly every night staring at the sky for about an hour, I've seen nothing unusual for YEARS, its always the same! I was out tonight, there's Orion, Sirius, Aldeberan, Venus, same as it should be.

Someone throw us a bone here, give us somewhere to look. A pic with a circle around it and another identifiable start would be neato!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
OK and one more thing. Other than a few members, 90% of the posts in this thread are from anonymous users. Go through the thread and read their posts. Nearly all of them start out exactly the same:

"I live in ________ and I have also seen this star. It twinkles many colors"

I mean come on, this is all being dragged on and on by probably the same person... never actually supplying one bit of real information.

Every post from an anonymous user in this thread has no line breaks, they're all very similar. And here's how most of them start out:

I live in Bowling Green, Kentucky
i live in a village called cadaques on the costa brava in spain
i live in maryland on the eastern shore
I live in the washington dc area.
I live in central florida also & I noticed a bright star like you describe a few minutes ago
I live in Southern California
i live in York, England
I live in Cleveland Ohio
I live in Illinois, America
i live in missouri and have a porch that faces west
We live on Toledo Bend Reservoir
I live in Baton Rouge, LA.
I live in Lafayette, IN
I live in Southern Illinois near St. Louis.
I am from Longview, TX
I live in London
I live in Oregon, USA
I live on the Oregon coast

The star we're talking about isn't a mystery, this thread is!

[edit on 12-3-2009 by salsaking]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I live in Wales UK and pick my kids up from the school bus at 5pm every week day. The first time I noticed this was back in November, whilst driving the kids home, and from what I recall there was two or three stars quite close together. I didn't notice any colour changes but then again didn't observe it for too long. I remember commenting to the kids how bright it was.
This thread has renewed my interest now, and I shall make a point of looking for it over the next couple of nights, subject to weather.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by 18731542]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I live in Vancouver Canada, and have been looking at the sky from my back porch, when the weather's nice, and the stars out, there's no better place to be on earth... and, there's this, this STAR...

Honestly, I haven't seen it, yet..

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
About 2-3 weeks ago I noticed a very bright light in the sky surrounded by smaller lights. The large light in the center flashes and changes brightness and the smaller lights flash from red, to blue to green. When I first noticed it,the time was approximately 10:30pm, located to the North of me. Since I am in Richmond, Va., that would be towards DC. At first, I thought this was a star, then I noticed movement. It tends to move in a half circle and back again. I watched it for a long time, and was pretty fascinated. I went back out to look at it about 1 Am and it was gone. The next night it wasn't there, but the night following it was! This time I ran and got my husband to look knowing he would tell me I was imagining things. Only, he did not and confirmed that it was definitely moving and has no clue as to what it could be. Unless this is some stealth aircraft like a Harrier jet, I have no idea. It doesn't appear every night, but at least once a week.

My son dropped our camera and broke it, but I'm going to borrow a friends this weekend and try to get some good pictures.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
FYI, I've tried to take pictures of the night sky before but all I get is a picture of darkness, maybe I need a special camera or instructions on how to take pictures of stars...

and just for the record, I went out last night between 10:15 and 10:30pm and the "star" I saw was not in the sky at all.. so whatever it is...I no longer think it's a star. Can a helicopter or maybe drone stay stationary and that high in the sky...because that would be the next logical explanation for a "blinking color changing" light.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

The star might have been too low to be observed from your location by 10:30pm. I strongly suspect you were seeing canopus, the second brightest star in the sky and just visible to us in florida. Canopus is always low in the sky, but it's at its highest point closer to 8:00pm and much lower at 10:30.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

thank you, I'm going to look again tonight. Will look for a star map too and see where this star is supposed to be in relation to what I was seeing.

thanks for not telling me it was Venus

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
Interesting. Even though I enjoy looking at stars I didn't know about that flickering.
Got my own at the moment, looking at it from east London, looking south southeast. Pretty colors, changing from red to blue to white.
Apparently the ISS is around that position at the moment, so it might be that. It's just very aggressive

Got another one quite high up due south, that is very intense white. Seemed to brighten up for a moment and keep the intensity.

I tried to catch it on cam, but the one I have now is not good enough.

It's probably Sirius if its not to far up in the sky from your location.

Link see if you can spot it in relation to Orion.

www.mythicalireland.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I saw this mystery object tonight for the first time from melbourne aus;

how do I insert images or video??

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hello, im new to this forum, i had to join when i read about this flashing star thing. I actually saw it last night for the 1st time. Friday 19th june 2009, about 3.30 am...saw it from my friends balcony in Slavonski Brod Croatia. I was there looking at the sky like i always do...i noticed the colorful like led light flashes, then had a better look...it was very bright...red white blue green,. At first i thought it was a plane, then i kept looking an i was convinced it was a ufo, it stayed there the whole time, i eventually just went to sleep. im still lconvinced that it just has to be something artificial, just to weird. the definite changing of colours and very bright, like signalling with colors and intervals. i just cant imagine that its a star or planet. it was located about 300 degrees nth west of slavonski brod, croatia...prbabla about 20 or 30 degrees from the hporizon.
whatever it is its weird and unusual.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This prophecy came to me last night
There is a star a bright shining star coming, brighter than any star that has ever been seen before.
There was a star known as the star of Bethlehem, which was seen to announce the coming of the Messiah Yeshua Hameshia. But, this coming star shall be brighter than that star, it will be seen soon, it is not far, yet it is not near, it will be seen to announce the second coming of the Son of Man, Yeshua Hamashia. The Star will appear in the Eastern sky, Yeshua is coming soon. Adonai’s people will understand, but the people of the world will not understand for the knowledge of Yeshua’s coming will be hidden from them.

(Reports are coming in all over the World of a New Bright Shining Star in the Eastern Sky)

(Some say if you look at orion, it is straight down from his belt. east of orion. It is really bright and changes colores rapidly)

< Luke 21:25 >
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Genesis 1:14
And YHWH said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the Heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years.

Luke 21:11 says: “… And fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.”

Revelation 9:1-21

And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornishevangelist
(Some say if you look at orion, it is straight down from his belt. east of orion. It is really bright and changes colores rapidly)

That's better known as Sirius, the brightest star in the night sky. It's always there.
www.siennasoft.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Heya - came across this chat and thought i'd pass on a bit of info. Share International, put out a magazine the follows the idea of the coming of Maitreya. Maitreya is surpose to be this old, old, old, wise, wise lovly dude, that would be sitting at the end of the table even if he was at Juesus's place for dinner. Apparantly the two are back in town(earth) and hanging out. Would they eat? do they have to eat? and if they were at a table - they probably wouldn't care who sat where and it would probably be a round table. Anyways they started talking about a star in the sky to watch out for last year. . . and now say its a spaceship. Cool - luckily lifes not the movies or we would all have to listen to our grannies records.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by couldbe]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by couldbe

Sounds like the info came from the Candace cult of "star spaceships," which in turn sounds like a ripoff of good ol' John Lenard Walson. Isn't Candace now saying that Jesus is actually in a spaceship pretending to be Jupiter and that we can't see Jupiter right now at all because this spaceship is "masking" it? Is that what this is about?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join