It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Influence on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Has anyone considered that any possible life on Mars may be the result of (or at least affected by) human interference? Bacteria thrive in extreme environments, after all. Add to that the radioactive fuel & power sources and other substances that have probably leaked from previous missions & crashes (some of which may not have reached any official media sources), and it may very well be that Earth is responsible for any lifeforms we find on Mars today.

Putting all other theories aside, of course.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yup, we have also contaminated Venus, The Moon, and Jupiter that i know of.

Mars and the Moon both have high levels of surface radiation (no protective EM fields) and therfore not only did we land thing on them that had bacteria on them, but then those bacteria were exposed to radiation allowing for faster rates of mutation and possible evolution.

This is of course assumiing earth bacteria survived the trip (which they probably would have). Some bacterial spores can survive without any resources, in low pressure, and in radiation. Europa Landers were scrapped in the early stages for fear of contaminating another possible harbor of life.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest

Mars and the Moon both have high levels of surface radiation (no protective EM fields) and therfore not only did we land thing on them that had bacteria on them, but then those bacteria were exposed to radiation allowing for faster rates of mutation and possible evolution.

This is of course assumiing earth bacteria survived the trip (which they probably would have). Some bacterial spores can survive without any resources, in low pressure, and in radiation. Europa Landers were scrapped in the early stages for fear of contaminating another possible harbor of life.

I agree, I have thought about this, I think they could have survived inside on the rover, not on the outside.
I think the hugh shock the there system(when they are exposed the mars). If the could, they would grow faster, and how knows what it will grow to be.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
We nuked Jupiter!!!

The crafts we sent to Mars were supposed to have kept in a sterile "clean room" to prevent this. Wouldnt supprise me if some bacteria went along for the ride to Mars. It is beyond improbable that they would thrive on the red planet.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It is an interesting theory and I wouldn't be surprised if life found a way to live on Mars.

One problem is the recent discovery of hydrogen peroxide in the atmosphere of mars, which limits the possibility of life above the surface.

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

But, thinking about it, isn't hydrogen peroxide perfect for using in rocket motors? What if we could syphon it off? It's a pity we will never be able to walk on mars, even if it could be an oxygen rich environment, the planet is too small to retain a dense atmosphere.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by Quest

I agree, I have thought about this, I think they could have survived inside on the rover, not on the outside.
I think the hugh shock the there system(when they are exposed the mars). If the could, they would grow faster, and how knows what it will grow to be.

I hope that it spawns some of those beautifull fire red women in your avatar. 8)

top topics

join