It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Managed Keyholder Database Service'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Not sure if this is in the right forum, but here goes...

Spotted in the 'Public Notices' section of one of my local papers, the Skelmersdale Advertiser (can't find anything on the internet so I'll quote the entire passage..)

"Lancashire Police Authority
Provision of a Managed Keyholder Database Service

Lancashire Constabulary are seeking proposals from suitably experienced
companies to provide a fully managed keyholder database service in respect of domestic and commercial properties. The contract will commence on 1 October 2008 or ASAP thereafter, for a period of 4 years, renewable on an annual basis. The contract may be open to other police forces in the UK to participate.

Tender documents and further details are available through the Bluelight e tendering portal at www.bluelight.gov.uk and prospective tenderers are advised to register themselves at this website and then requiest tender documents by searching for contract reference QTLE - 7EPJ25. The tender documents will be available until 1200hrs on Friday 20 June 2008. Questions should be addressed via the Q&A facility within the bluelight system, the last date for questions is 1200hrs on Friday 20 June 2008. The main contact for this project is Jackie Collett Purchasing Officer at Lancashire Constabulary on 01772 412513 or jacqueline.collett@lancashire.pnn.police.uk

Tenders are to be returned by 12.00 hours on Tuesday 1 July 2008 via the bluelight portal."

Correct me if I'm wrong.. but does this mean that my local police "authority" wants to know exactly who has keys for every single building in the county?
Not only that, but they want a private company to build and run the database?
Sounds like Big Brothers going a bit mental to me.

Links
bluelight.gov.uk
Skelmersdale Advertiser

(Apologies in advance if I've done anything stupid here)

new topics

join