It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The old man with a cane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I had several dreams when I was a child about a old man. In my dreams he never spoke to me, he just looked at me. Usually he was standing on a bridge. He wore a dark suite with a hat and carried a cane. He had a large mole on his face and always was smoking a cigar. These dreams stopped when I got older. When my first born son was six years old he woke up one night and ran to me. He said that red hands were coming out of his wall and the old man was trying to get him. I asked him to tell me about the old man. He described him exactly like the man I use to dream about.

After feeling freaked out about this I started asking people that I know have Paranormal beliefs if they ever dreamed of an old man. I let them fully describe the man they saw and it was always the same man and the dreams always happened as a child. Another side to this is that people I have talked to that dont believe in the paranormal have never seen this man. So if any of you have had this dream please tell me about it.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
sounds like "The Boogey Man" to me honestly. Something a child is inately afraid of is old age and disability. But thats not the point.

Anything odd happen during these? Recently? any similaritys in your past to his aside from the person Ex the hands?

Im interested ^_^ and I'll keep watching and come up with as much as I can until I feel otherwise needed.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Nothing that I can think of really except everyone that I know has dreamed of this man has a fear of him. I dont want this to sound crazy but theres no other way to put it, When people who have dreamed of him, myself included, They describe having the feeling that he is the devil. If it is or not, the arua that comes from him in the dream makes you feel like Jack The Ripper is watching you...If that makes sense...And thats basically the feeling everyone that I have talked to gets from him.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Unfortunately, by describing exactly what you have experienced in your dream, you have invalidated your question. I could now post a long description of a "dream" that would convince you that I had seen the same man when in fact I have not.

I'd guess that your child is suffering from nightmares which are common in small children and that you have seized on a small similarity between your own childhood nightmares and his.

Try not to worry about this, if nothing has happened to you in all the years since your own bad dream then I imagine that nothing will ever come of these dreams.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
As the above posted, thats what I meant in a less criticizing manner, I was looking for other facts and possible outcomes of such. (since your child saw red hands)

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ibgrace
Nothing that I can think of really except everyone that I know has dreamed of this man has a fear of him. I dont want this to sound crazy but theres no other way to put it, When people who have dreamed of him, myself included, They describe having the feeling that he is the devil.

I think people underestimate their instincts. When it comes to them, we have to go through a validation process to determine whether those instincts are warranted or not. Sometimes they're not, but sometimes they are. Where are you aligned spiritually at the moment?

[edit on 23-5-2008 by saint4God]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
sounds as if winston churhill is stalking your dreams. your not of german decent are you?

sorry to make light of it, i agree with the posters above, i think it's a architypal bogieman.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by pieman]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
There's the pun, I was waiting for that. I was thinking of another famous scarey looking cigar-smoker myself, Alfred Hitchcock:

Used to watch all his shows as a kid. Fascinating story about what he was afraid of:

"Once, as a child, when he had done something of which his father disapproved, he was given a note to take to the police chief. The officer read it and put Alfred in a jail cell for ten minutes. "That's what we do to boys who are naughty," he reprimanded. Ever since then Hitchcock has had a phobia for police and police stations, and this fear has manifested itself in many of his films."
- www.britmovie.co.uk...

Anywho, back to the topic, yes?

[edit on 23-5-2008 by saint4God]

[edit on 27-5-2008 by lombozo]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
When I was in the 5th grade, a friend and I would take this short cut home. It was down this path next to a ditch. We saw this guy walking ahead of us one afternoon, he had a cane, was old, had a hat. He turned around to look at us and we stopped (we were walking our bikes.) We whispered to each other how weird he was, then when we looked, he was gone. Just a split second and he was gone. It was just so creepy. We just had the weirdest, most sinister feeling about him. I can't even explain. When I read your post, it reminded me of that moment.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

This time I got brave enough to turn around to see if it was a person behind me, and trust me it wasn't! I stood very still and very dumbfounded. It was a wrinkled up, hunched old man with a cane, a pipe hanging from his mouth, and an old-fashioned sailor's cap - the blue kind with the steering wheel in the middle. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! But I swear he was there. He looked like cloud or, better yet, like how fog sets on the ground over water. He was clearly shaped, but was cloudy inside the shape. I couldn't really make out specific facial features, but could tell his eyes, nose, mouth, and that pipe hanging form his lips! And that hat - it was like it was hanging in the air all by itself! I don't know why even to this day, but somehow I just knew he wasn't going to hurt me.

paranormal.about.com...

Similar story but the man had a pipe instead of a cane.

I found another story like this while searching and one comment was the same, the old man told the boy he would protect him and whacked the bad ghost after the boy with his cane!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
When I was in the 5th grade, a friend and I would take this short cut home. It was down this path next to a ditch. We saw this guy walking ahead of us one afternoon, he had a cane, was old, had a hat. He turned around to look at us and we stopped (we were walking our bikes.) We whispered to each other how weird he was, then when we looked, he was gone. Just a split second and he was gone. It was just so creepy. We just had the weirdest, most sinister feeling about him. I can't even explain. When I read your post, it reminded me of that moment.

I have only talked to one person that saw him outside of a dream. He said he was going through a very tramatic depression at the time and was walking down the street and bumped into this man. He said the man just gazed into his eyes and a chill ran through him. He said he felt as if he couldnt move and felt like he was having a panic attack. The man looked away from him and walked away whistling a tune. It could have been a normal person I,m not sure but the guy who told me this said he also felt fear.

Maybe he is a protector. Maybe we feel scared because bad things are around him. I never thought of it like that. I always thought of the evil that was felt as the man himself since that was all I saw. I just know that after all these years the old man still has a impact on me and everyone I know that has dreamed of him. Yes, maybe I gave to much information on this to find many crediable stories but do know, people I have talked to about this in real life explained him to a T witout any information from me reguarding his apperance. Only one other person has seen him on a bridge as I did. Others see him on street corners, sitting in a chair in their home, driving by in a car slowly, but all have only seen him as a child. I'm not SURE but I might have known him in a past life also. He's lurking somewhere else in my memory I just can't place it.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by ibgrace]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
saint4God...I was shocked to see that someone with an avatar of jesus would put a link of a womans boobs but, who am I to judge heh.

The man was dressed like Wiston Churchill but, no it wasn't him. And it wasn't Alfred Hitchcock either lol.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

saint4God...I was shocked to see that someone with an avatar of jesus would put a link of a womans boobs but, who am I to judge heh.

i wonder how many other people went straight back up and checked the links

booobbs

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

*sigh* Looks like a prank or someone who believes linking yahoo pictures is stealing bandwidth. The original picture was a black & white of alfred hitchcock. Thanks for letting me know, I've notified lombozo, a thread moderator. Apologies to those who clicked on the link, that wasn't the picture I linked. Apologies also to the person who's picture that is, I hope they get the mental help and spiritual attention they need as well.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by saint4God]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I used to dream of a large hooded being, Green complection, big fat monster looking face (similar to jabba the hut) but I never saw Star wars at that point, green hood/cloak. I could have sworn he was real for most of my childhood because the dreams took place in my home every time.
I say it's just nightmares with similarities.
Has your child watched Chitty chitty bang bang recently or ever, Sounds like the child catcher to me.

top topics

join