It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What The Hell Has Happend To Us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Now , Before i get into this thread
It is not a noob bashing thread i encourage all new members to post. But god damn
What is with the recent spate of idiot members some old (but most new) making absolute and i mean...ABSOLUTE bs threads here are just a few from the 'recent posts' page

Jesus created Sex

Can I get an applause from the mods?

MASSIVE!! U.F.O Flyover May 16, 2008 - USA =O (not so recent)

Canada to become 51st state in 2010

The Omega secret = Vatican + Aliens + USgovt

Remote Viewers see Giant Iranian Radiation/Gene splicing Terrrorist Spider Project

Barack Obama will be The Anti Christ

why the hell are skeptics allowed to post here

Just a few of the heaps of junk that has been posted in the past few months and i know this stuff comes with ATS getting more popular and attracting more lets say 'dim' members but anything who has been here for a few years knows if any of the above stated threads were made when ATS was less popular , they would be either A: debunked , then left alone, B:trashed

But now for some reason even if everyone agrees that the thread is a pile of crap, everyone lets it live by posting in it for days on end discussing how the member should be banned and what a stupid topic it is, Or there will be even more idiotic members that will agree with some of the (stupid) topics mentioned and act like if you don't belive it...your a freaking disinfo agent, CIA agent , reptilian, troll Etc...

ARGH, what happend to us ATS?

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Disgustipated]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Oh Dis....I was so expecting one of my threads to be there......hehe..
I'm gonna read and be back...Please put the lids back on your eyes, ya making me nervous....

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Haha.. DOn't froget about the people who comment on the threads, much like mine to yours..
We bring nothing to the table, and critcize anything of interest. Just because we're cool like that.

Adios!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
perhaps it's people getting their posting "feet" wet as it were, the problem with a lot of these threads is that the person gets the attention that they want. What we as members fail at and MadSeason313 is correct about this. We members need to not encourage these threads by posting in them. It's partially our fault for this nonsense to continue.

By feeding an internet troll you encorage that troll to do what they do best.

I have had my fair share of duzy idiotic posts in the past. And I can assure you that I will probably have a few more moronic threads added to my name in the future.

Sorry Dis the only advice I can give you is to not post in those threads. And if you find a particular member repeatedly moronic there is always the ignore button. Cause in a few extreme cases I have had to use this button on a member for my own sanity's sake.

new topics

top topics

join