It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hope For HIV Vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

New Hope For HIV Vaccine

www.sciencedaily.com

ScienceDaily (May 23, 2008) — Advanced BioScience Laboratories, Inc. (ABL) and the University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS) report that their unique HIV vaccine formulation was effective in eliciting strong and balanced immune responses in healthy human volunteers. In light of these initial findings, additional assays on volunteers’ samples were done by researchers at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, independently confirming the presence of long lasting and high quality T cell responses against HIV antigens.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-5-2008 by grover]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There has been some really encouraging news of late on both the AIDS and cancer fronts.

This is yet another positive sign a "cure" may be; I won't say near, but in the works.

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Uhg.. stupid net died with a huge post... shorten time

Cure= Nice

Destruction of= better

Hope: Boubonic plague survivors

Reason: Immune system that isnt efected by the diseases.

Ok so now what? The trait is dominant and recessive. ALWAYS passing(except on some rare occasions) meaning an implantation will slowly wipe that disease/virus/sickness whatever you choose to call it off of the earth.(slowly)

Until: New mutation, goes by a new name because it changes completely, and more agressively I might add.

Conclusion: good now I suppose but its always going to be around in some form.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by The Bear Man

Actually there are clusters of people including some from the region in England where my family came from that are essentially immune to HIV.

It seems the factor is that ancestors on both sides of the family survived the plague.

How that effects HIV etc. is still unknown, or was the last I heard about it.

Of course I am not about to assume that, that includes my ancestors and put it to the test.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by grover]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Its not "Unknown" just not understood.

Its because of how strong the immune system had to become to fight off the plague naturally as it did in the past it became a huge step in the ability to fight HIV/AIDs because of it.

Its not hard to boost your immune system, but they have a specific "something" in theirs that is immune. which is the misunderstood part.

I put forth a simplified "cure" a harder version would to be find that "Something" and extract that specifically

new topics

top topics

join