It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multi Colored Clouds...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I Love ATS - Where else can you get a lame response to an important observation... you know you are on the right track when the SPooKES can't give you a better lie.... ha ha hah ha

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 888LetsRoll

Who are the Spooks you are referring to and what lies are you talking about?

So far I have seen pretty good evidence from NOAA, WMO, and Environment Canada that explains this phenomena as a natural occurrence. Yet I have seen no scientific evidence put forward to say it is something else other than natural.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
the multi colored clouds are cumulus clouds - they contain something that reflects light and breaks it up into the color spectum visible only where the clouds are. indicating the presence of a substance that acts like ice or water as in the Rainbow effect. if these cloulds contained enough water vapor to break up the light spectrum then you would assume the color of the bottoms of the clouds to be of a dark grey indicating rain or near rain.
these cloulds are nice and fluffy - white and glow as he light strikes them I gather. they seem irridescent and stationary.
Been East - Been West - Been There - Been Here - and I ve seen a thing or two. but these clouds are different.. its hard to say unless you have seen one yourself.

Oh, also if we can get a scale of the size and disect the color wheel you will probably find its not water... but Spectrum Analysis isnt one of my
forte's...

[edit on 27-5-2008 by 888LetsRoll]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 888LetsRoll

I've seen this type of cloud a lot and the phenomenon is called irisation. Lets not forget that there are other particles other than water in clouds. Thats where we get the term acid rain which we've had since the beginning of the industrial revolution. Factories, car exhaust, dust particles etc all help to contribute.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by undermind

No, that's not "a" cloud. Those are shadows on each side, cast by multiple clouds below the horizon. The dark at each side is the shadow, and the sun is shining between the shadows.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join