It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China says found radiation sources after quake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

China says found radiation sources after quake

news.yahoo.com

China has found what it termed 50 "hazardous sources of radiation" due to last week's earthquake, a senior official said on Friday, though he insisted the situation was under control.

The disaster area is home to China's chief nuclear weapons research lab in Mianyang, as well as several secretive atomic sites, but no nuclear power stations.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Anyone else find this an interesting coincidence? 50 nuclear radiation leaks..earthquake hits at site of chief nuclear weopons research area. I didn't realize this was Chinese version of say Los Alamos...Now I am wondering about Haarp.. Or how about a test that somehow accidently triggered earthquake

Article said the rainy season is coming to that area.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
More on China's efforts to contain..

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
How would you create an earthquake with radioactive elements without first planting them IN the fault line?

No. I think the more likely scenario is that the earthquake was natural, and a radioactive-research center was damaged, or crushed.

Of course, nobody likes to think they may be living above such a thing, but you've gotta put it somewhere, and hence, it would be readily covered up to minimize concern.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I am saying that maybe it was there own underground nuclear test that triggered an unexpectedly large quake which subsequently caused the release of radiation from various locations.

There are other threads that think it is attack from some HAARP weopon. I haven't really got to read those yet.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This info could shed some light on the occurence of these strange cloud phenomenon 30 mins & 10 mins prior the quake:

Eery stuff.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Haven't you guys been following the HAARP thread?

HAARP is the genetic engineering of particles in the form of a radioactive beam. The beam is thousands of watts and when pointed at the Earth, can vibrate the Earth's crust, causing the Earth to internalize the beam as a seismic blast wave. The blast wave reverberates through the Crust right up to the nearest fault line, causing the Earthquake.

HAARP causes Ionized Clouds like the ones you see in the videos of this thread.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Haven't you guys been following the HAARP thread?....
HAARP causes Ionized Clouds like the ones you see in the videos of this thread.

Nope didnt see it. Can you please provide the link when mentioning other threads?

Here's link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

Very eerie! I've seen many rainbows and double rainbows but I am having trouble figuring out why the colors are so wide for one thing. colors in the sky are associated with rainbows and aurora borealises. I wonder if this might be a combo of the two? puzzling videos.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I am wondering about the videos 30 and 10 minutes before the earthquake. Could they be what are known as "earthquake lights".

Yes, I have recently read thread on possibility of HAARP causing the earthquake..Something like that considering the strategic importance of this area to China's nuke program is quite a coincidence.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

I was going to post those videos!

Strange things going on. I'm off to watch the video in the HAARP thread.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I do not know about genetic engineering of particles - , but there were a lot of people claiming that massive dams that were built in the area can trigger earthquakes, due to weight redistribution.

Last September, government officials joined the dam's critics in raising the alarm about potential dangers, among them that the dam itself could trigger quakes as it sits near a number of fault lines

www.treehugger.com...
If there is an earthquake generating device (might be,doubt it has something in common with DNA though) then its use will be in order to achieve certain goals, as any other weapon. What did this earthquake achieve except death and destruction? It is not economical center of China.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I still think there might be a good chance that the government has resurrected Telsa's Earthquake Machine and is testing it, hey you never know.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There is absolutely no verification that those video clips were taken 30 and 10 minutes before the earthquake.
Besides, we have it verified in another thread that those are a very rare, natural phenomena that only occurs when the sun is above a certain amount of degrees, which only happens when sun is at zenith. We're still weeks away from that window. You've been deliberately mislead bu the youtube posters, just so they can get attention, and now you're all helping them get extra hits, and porpogating what is, a lie.
Some of you people really don't need any proof to believe in something, do you? I thought ATS was smarter than that?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Yes, Tesla's earthquake machine..I knew had read about one before but couldn't remember who to attribute it to.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
China is having some very bad luck lately. Earthquakes, protesters and displacing millions for the Olyimpic games. Could the earthquake be a "friendly" warning on not having the games?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cruzion
I thought ATS was smarter than that?

It used to be. All people do now is jump on the latest wacko theory and blindly follow it. Quite sad really.

These leaks are probably the result of breached research stations or something of that nature. You know, something plausible, something grounded in reality.

I sincerely hope it doesn't harm any more people than the earthquake already has.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
My personal opinion is that China created their own quakes. Now that so many have died, all we can do is hope the best for China, and think good thoughts towards the olympics.

At first we were all enraged at the thought of China having the olympics when they were the ones causing all the problems in Tibet. Now China looks like the victim, and the world is sending aid and condolences. It's the art of deception. Look over here at the quake, and forget about Tibet.

If HAARP is capable of causing tremors, then who's to say that China doesn't have their own version that they can use for a "slight of hand trick?" They already said that they were planning to change the weather for the opening ceremonies!

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Edit: And here is more references/links to strange light effects before the Sichuan Earthquake

en.wikipedia.org...

If anyone can come up with VERIFIABLE evidence that strange lights and heat effects can be associated with the recent Chinese that would most certainly be interesting given all that circumstansial evidence that then points to artificiality.

"It is now quite clear," Khrushchev went on, "that the U.S. is not the world's most powerful military power. We are not trying to sweat anybody, but these are the facts." Rattling his rockets in the style he used to assail Western "military circles" for doing a few years ago, Khrushchev promised to "wipe from the face of the earth" any aggressor, and boasted: "Though the weapons we have now are formidable indeed, the weapon we have today in the hatching stage is even more formidable. The weapon, which is being developed and is, as they say, in the portfolio of our scientists and designers, is a fantastic weapon." (U.S. Atomic Physicist Ralph E. Lapp guessed that the Russians might be planning an H-bomb to orbit the earth indefinitely, ready on signal to plunge down on any terrestrial target.)

www.time.com...

Now i think Ralph E. Lapp guessed wrong...

1976: Chinese earthquake kills hundreds of thousands
Hundreds of thousands of people are feared dead following an 8.3 magnitude earthquake in China.

The quake has virtually destroyed the city of Tangshan, north-east of Beijing, and Western sources believe the death toll may be much higher than the official figure of 240,000. Some believe the figure is more like 750,000.

The force of the quake has been so strong that people are reported to have been thrown into the air after roads, bridges, railway stations, homes and factories were completely destroyed.

The quake has also knocked out power throughout the city, making rescue efforts difficult

news.bbc.co.uk...

The earthquake occurred directly under Tangshan at a depth of 8km (5 miles).

A magnitude 7.1 aftershock 15 hours later caused further destruction and killed many people trapped in collapsed buildings.

news.bbc.co.uk...

And if one is to go look you will find that Earthquakes are just not this 'accurate'...

The night preceding the earthquake, July 27-28, many people reported seeing strange lights as well as loud sounds. The lights were seen in a multitude of hues. Some people saw flashes of light; others witnessed fireballs flying across the sky. Loud, roaring noises followed the lights and fireballs. Workers at the Tangshan airport described the noises as louder than that of an airplane.2

history1900s.about.com...

28 July 1976

"Just before the first tremor at 3:42 am, the sky lit up like daylight. The multi-hued lights, mainly white and red, were seen up to 200 miles away. Leaves on many trees were burned to a crisp and growing vegetables were scorched on one side, as if by a fireball."

Some New Details on China's Quake

So the Russian Woodpecker signal ( Mostly presumed to be due to a over the horizon radar network) starts up in July 1976 with the events in China happening at the end of that very same month.

The Russian Woodpecker was a notorious Soviet signal that could be heard on the shortwave radio bands worldwide between July 1976 and December 1989. It sounded like a sharp, repetitive tapping noise, at 10 Hz, giving rise to the "Woodpecker" name. The random frequency hops disrupted legitimate broadcast, amateur radio, and utility transmissions and resulted in thousands of complaints by many countries worldwide.

en.wikipedia.org...

So more strange lights would certainly gain my interest...

Stellar

[edit on 24-5-2008 by StellarX]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join