It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check this out - Picture of a Real Crystal Skull!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Just saw the new Indi movie, and I thought I'd post a picture of supposed real crystal skull.

This is what the person who is in the photo had to say, he is a member of another forum that I frequent, however he did upload it to that site so I am sure i can use it...

About 15 years ago, I had the chance to go to London Ontario to meditate with the crystal skull. The pic is me, Anna-Mitchell Hedges and a friend. (The mirror in the background belonged to Marie Antwinette.) Most of the crystals around the skull are mine, I 'charged' several with the skull and they 'glow' orange now.

In meditation, I asked the skull for a 'connection' to the skull, I now have this connection I have but to call up and it is there.

What does everyone have to say on this picture? Real or Not? I vote real (I delve into this area a lot, however the skull is quite new to me)

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Nice picture. Thanks for posting it.

I'd like to see more. Some from the front, etc.
If anyone has any more authentic pictures I'd love to see them.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It depends what you mean by 'real'. I read about this particular case just a few days ago. This object actually exists (I think it's made of glass), but the debate is on whether it is a modern creation or an ancient object.

Anyway, the picture is almost definitely real, but the object (in my opinion) is probably just a modern fabrication, and isn't any kind of lost ancient artifact.

Edit to clarify: basically, what I am saying, is that this is a real picture of a fake crystal skull.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by DragonsDemesne]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I remember seeing a show where they claim all the Skulls come from deposits of Crystal found in a region of Germany that is famous for having very good sculptuters. They have somehow identified the skulls as having originated from this region of Germany, blowing apart the claims of their origins around the world. They bear telltale marks of human workmanship on them as well.

Made for a cool story, just like the Dropa tales.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Conflicting background of the Mitchell Hedges Crystal Skull

According to Anna Mitchell-Hedges, the adopted daughter of adventurer and fisherman Frederick Mitchell-Hedges who died last year at the age of 100, the skull was found in Belize. According to Smithsonian archeologists, the skull was sold to Mitchell-Hedges in 1943 at a Sotheby's auction...

SkepDic

However,

First, it is very similar in form to an actual human skull, even featuring a fitted removable jawbone. Most known crystal skulls are of a more stylized structure, often with unrealistic features and teeth that are simply etched onto a single skull piece. Second, it is impossible to say how the Mitchell-Hedges skull was constructed. From a technical standpoint, it appears to be an impossible object which today's most talented sculptors and engineers would be unable to duplicate.

Crystal Links
(about halfway down the page)

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The crystal sculls have been proven to be fakes;

news.bbc.co.uk...

The tools and materials used to make these sculls had simply not been invented or was available to the Mayans and Aztecs;

"This "rotary wheel" technology was almost certainly not used by pre-Columbian peoples. Instead, analysis of genuine Aztec and Mixtec artefacts show they were crafted using tools made from stone and wood.

The British Museum skull was worked with a harsh abrasive such as corundum or diamond. But X-ray diffraction analysis showed a different material, called carborundum, was used on the artefact in the Smithsonian.

Carborundum is a synthetic abrasive which only came into use in the 20th Century: "The suggestion is that it was made in the 1950s or later," said Professor Freestone.

Who made the skulls is still a mystery. But, in the case of the British Museum object, some point the finger of suspicion at a 19th Century French antiquities dealer called Eugene Boban.

"We assume that he bought it from, or had it made from [craftsmen] somewhere in Europe," said Professor Freestone, a former deputy keeper of science and conservation at the British Museum."

I think this is pretty definitive proof that the sculls are fakes, especially when you consider that none of them have a good archaeological provenance and most appeared suspiciously in the last decades of the 20th Century.
These sculls are simply some of the many millions of fake antiquities floating around the markets in the world, its a shame, but this is highly likely to be the best answers as to where they came from, who made them and how old they are etc.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Who made the skulls is still a mystery. But, in the case of the British Museum object, some point the finger of suspicion at a 19th Century French antiquities dealer called Eugene Boban.

"We assume that he bought it from, or had it made from [craftsmen] somewhere in Europe," said Professor Freestone, a former deputy keeper of science and conservation at the British Museum."

The leap from assumption to proof is quite a wide one that it can only be considered on par with the transmutation of other metals into gold. Also, the skull in the British Museum isn't what we are discussing in this thread. Lastly, the Mitchell Hedges crystal skull will remain an enigma until such time that a similar skull can be manufactured using the technology available to us while exhibiting the same or similar anomalies with the Mitchell Hedges crystal skull. Even then its provenance would still remain anomalous for some.

From these tests, and from careful studies done by Dorland himself, the skull revealed a whole array of anomalies. When submersed in a benzyl alcohol bath, with a beam of light passing through, it was noted that both the skull and jaw piece had come from the same quartz block. What was astounding to the testers, however, is they found that the skull and jaw had been carved with total disregard to the natural crystal axis in the quartz.

In modern crystallography, the first procedure is always to determine the axis, to prevent fracturing and breakage during the subsequent shaping process. Yet, the skull's maker appears to have employed methods by which such concerns were not necessary.

The unknown artist also used no metal tools. Dorland was unable to find signs of any tell-tale scratch marks on the crystal, under high-powered microscopic analysis. Indeed, most metals would have been ineffectual, for the crystal has a specific gravity of 2.65, and a Mohs hardness factor of 7. In other words, even a modern penknife cannot make a mark on it.

Crystal Links

Just because some people don't want it to be real or are uncomfortable with an enigma doesn't make it fake.

[edit on 5.24.08 by toreishi]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
of course its real - the scientific properties of quartz are astouding. Hell... tiny pieces of quartz can hold TONS of information on a microchip in your computer.

If you could put out the proper vibration of your body while holding a life-size skull of quartz, don't you think that something could happen.

PS - I have a crystal skull - i will post pictures of it in a thread next week.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Wouldn't any real crystal skull be a piece of crystal shaped to look like a skull found growing naturally on some crystal cave wall? Heck, I've never seen a natural crystal that looked anything but like a natural crystal. Can a crystal even grow into a round sphere? All these crystal skulls must be fake.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi

From these tests, and from careful studies done by Dorland himself, the skull revealed a whole array of anomalies. When submersed in a benzyl alcohol bath, with a beam of light passing through, it was noted that both the skull and jaw piece had come from the same quartz block. What was astounding to the testers, however, is they found that the skull and jaw had been carved with total disregard to the natural crystal axis in the quartz.

In modern crystallography, the first procedure is always to determine the axis, to prevent fracturing and breakage during the subsequent shaping process. Yet, the skull's maker appears to have employed methods by which such concerns were not necessary.

The unknown artist also used no metal tools. Dorland was unable to find signs of any tell-tale scratch marks on the crystal, under high-powered microscopic analysis. Indeed, most metals would have been ineffectual, for the crystal has a specific gravity of 2.65, and a Mohs hardness factor of 7. In other words, even a modern penknife cannot make a mark on it.

Crystal Links

Just because some people don't want it to be real or are uncomfortable with an enigma doesn't make it fake.

Fact is, you have to pretend that the skull was carved with a chisel before any of the above has any validity.

The skull, being ground, could be shaped like anything the artist wished, completely disregarding the crystal's axial orientation.

I choose not to pretend that the skull was carved with chisels.

Harte

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The Crystal Skull Posted in the picture belongs to Anna Le Guillon Mitchell-Hedges, which was later examined and found to made in the early 20th century and by using the most modern tools of that time.

Do you want to see my Crystal Skull?\
Sure . Anyone can have one, they are easily mass manufactured for gullible folks to pay the moolah for a certificate stating theirs is an ancient authentic crystal skull, and even for them to idiotically do some meditation with the skulls.

what happened to the superiority of human intelligence. I feel its deteriorating.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Wait, are you saying that I could pay someone to make a crystal skull, and then stick it on top of my monitor or something? COOL!
If the price were right, I might pick up one of those for decoration.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

Go with glass, it's a bit cheaper and most people won't notice the difference. When it comes to faking a fake...

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

"Crystal" skulls are for sale

Here you go

You can even get them charged with mystic energy.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

"Crystal" skulls are for sale

Here you go

You can even get them charged with mystic energy.

Nice way to make some Moolah!!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

I began studying the Crystal Skulls a decade ago. There was a lot of information out there long before the Indiana Jones film came about.

Try reading the Mystery of the Crystal Skulls. It gets a bit weird when it goes into all the BS (I consider it BS anyway) about communicating with the skulls etc.

But there is a lot of science behind what is discussed, such as the seeming inability of modern science (a decade ago) to have been able to manufacture one example using modern technology.

If it is accepted that the several examples around the world are as old as some believe, they defy all scientific explanation as we are barely able to create such perfection now.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Hello there detachedindividual

But there is a lot of science behind what is discussed, such as the seeming inability of modern science (a decade ago) to have been able to manufacture one example using modern technology.

Hans: considering they were manufactured in the 19th century and continue to be so - that is an odd claim.

If it is accepted that the several examples around the world are as old as some believe, they defy all scientific explanation as we are barely able to create such perfection now.

Hans: They are not, since as noted above they were manufactured in our time frame all the other stuff is made up new age intellectual noise- as I believe you noted also.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Project Camelot interviews the current owner of the Mitchell Hedges crystal skull:

He also speaks of when the skull was brought together with a Crystal Orb, that the skull turned white and the orb turned gold; even a vague picture in the video where you can kind of see it.

A must see! Real VIDEO of a crystal skull (8

new topics

top topics

join