It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Dealer Throws in Gun for Free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Car Dealer Throws in Gun for Free

news.bbc.co.uk

A car dealership in the United States is offering a free handgun with every vehicle sold.

Max Motors in Butler, Missouri, says sales have quadrupled since the start of the offer.

Customers can choose between a gun or a $250 (£125) gas card, but most so far have chosen the gun.

Owner Mark Muller said: "We're just damn glad to live in a free country where you can have a gun if you want to."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Here's a heart-warming, only-in-America story.

Of course the question is, will a SWAT team descend on the dealership using Patriot-act provisions, or just for abetting dangerous road rage?

More from the article:

Inspiration from Obama

Mr Muller said that every buyer so far "except one guy from Canada and one old guy" chose the gun, rather than the gas card.

He recommends a Kel-Tec .380 pistol, which he describes as "a nice little handgun that fits in your pocket".

He added that the promotion was inspired by recent comments from one of the Democratic nominees for the presidential election, saying: "We did it because of Barack Obama.

"He said all those people in the Midwest, you've got to have compassion for them because they're clinging to their guns and their Bibles. I found that quite offensive. We all go to church on Sunday and we all carry guns."

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-5-2008 by gottago]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This happens pretty often. Nothing special. Sign up for this or that and get a free gun. Guns used as door prizes at fund raising events. Free guns for purchasing something. At least it happens all the time in real America. Not the ridiculous urban centers where crackheads shoot each other with rusted stolen guns jammed with the wrong caliber (cops grabbed some addict from my backyard with a .380 jammed with a 9mm cartridge) for $2.43. Cities are so full of trash their residents can't be trusted with basic natural rights.

That KelTec 3-AT is a nice little gun. I was fixing to pick one up a couple weeks ago for Summer carry but I have to wait until I get a chance to check out Rugers new LCP.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I think this is pretty cool. Assuming that the same prescreening used to purchase a firearm from a dealer, then why not?

This is the land of the free and we like to bear our arms.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I've heard that guns are often given as incentives.

Can't remember where I saw it exactly (think it might of been one of the Michael Moore films) but a bank was giving a free rifle to anyone who opened a new account! Over here you usually get a crappy folder to keep your statements in.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Michael Moore is the devil's whore... Just sayin'

new topics

top topics

join