It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moles Wanted: FBI Soliciting Paid Informants for RNC Protest Groups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Moles Wanted: FBI Soliciting Paid Informants for RNC Protest Groups

articles.citypages.com

What they were looking for, Carroll says, was an informant—someone to show up at “vegan potlucks” throughout the Twin Cities and rub shoulders with RNC protestors, schmoozing his way into their inner circles, then reporting back to the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force, a partnership between multiple federal agencies and state and local law enforcement. The effort’s primary mission, according to the Minneapolis division’s website, is to “investigate terrorist acts carried out by groups or organizations which fall within the definition of terrorist groups as set forth in the current United States Attorney General Guidelines.”

Carroll would be compensated for his efforts, but only if his involvement yielded an arrest. No exact dollar figure was offered.

“I’ll pass,” said Carroll.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-5-2008 by gottago]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hard to be shocked any more, but this one does it.

The Twin Cities FBI is using Patriot act anti-terrorism laws to recruit paid informants and buy moles to infiltrate "potluck vegan" meetings of groups planning to protest the 2008 Republican National Convention.

The pettiness and pervasiveness of the paranoia, and anti-Americanism and unconstitutionality of these actions, are simply astounding.

Another footnote to our decline.

articles.citypages.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-5-2008 by gottago]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
'Carrol' did his part, in declining.

'Mazzola' & 'Swanson' did their parts.
[by the way who made up these Alias' ?
opted from mazzola corn-oil & swanson TV dinners versus the one who sings (Carrol)]... bizarre imagination no doubt

Now, i ask youse a question...

Why didn't the FBI agents tell the prospective snitch/whistleblower/informant that the meeting was sensitive information
and any public disclosure of the recruiting attempt would hamper the FBIs
mission by revealing secret operational methods & tactics....
and he was under an 'Unofficial Gag Order'.

+ I'm adding CityPages to my list

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
The pettiness and pervasiveness of the paranoia, and anti-Americanism and unconstitutionality of these actions, are simply astounding.

I agree with most of this statement, but how is this unconstitutional?

Originally posted by St Udio
Why didn't the FBI agents tell the prospective snitch/whistleblower/informant that the meeting was sensitive information
and any public disclosure of the recruiting attempt would hamper the FBIs
mission by revealing secret operational methods & tactics....
and he was under an 'Unofficial Gag Order'.

One possibility is maybe Carol was used to leak this info on purpose. What better way to obstruct "political dissent" than to put the word out that there are moles among the group? Everyone would be suspicious of everyone else.

This is no surprise and has been done since the sixties. They employ informants on radical groups just as they do for drug suppliers.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

I agree with most of this statement, but how is this unconstitutional?

Government subverting the political process and impeding free speech seem to me a good start.

This is no surprise and has been done since the sixties. They employ informants on radical groups just as they do for drug suppliers.

Agreed this has been going on since before J. Edgar Hoover put on his first dress, but still doesn't make it right to allow it to happen or condone it.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
Agreed this has been going on since before J. Edgar Hoover put on his first dress, but still doesn't make it right to allow it to happen or condone it.

I'm not saying I condone this, but don't we criticize our intelligence for failing to do something similar prior to 9/11? Isn't it their job to get intelligence to protect us by doing the same thing? The only difference is one group is considered terrorists and the other dissidents. Where do you draw the line? If you have ever looked into anarchists, you will find a few that are pretty radical.

I just wonder if they attempt to infiltrate right wing organizations the same way. If not, then that is different and we could cry foul.

new topics

top topics

join