It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H. Res. 1194 - Lebanon Resolution.... DANGER

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

H. Res. 1194 - Lebanon Resolution.... DANGER

www.antiwar.com

I have noticed that this legislation reads eerily similar to a key clause in the 2002 Iraq war bill, H J Res 114, which authorized the use of force.

The key resolved clause in H. Res. 1194 before us today reads:

Resolved, That the House of Representatives –

(6) urges –

(A) the United States Government and the international community to immediately take all appropriate actions to support and strengthen the legitimate Government of Lebanon under Prime Minister Fouad Siniora;

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Very interesting article, do not hesitate to read the entire short article.

www.antiwar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Of course Ron Paul is the one who's pointing out the obvious effects of passing this bill. He's sure to be ignored and the bill will pass with overwhelming support from both parties, then they'll all act surprised when the US Warships parked off the coast of Lebanon start shelling Hezbolla districts.

It's like he's the only sane inmate in the asylum...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
isrealli influence again perhaps. lebanon is quite stable at the moment i think, i don't see any reason for this bill to come up at the moment. syria has its hand in lebanon but not to as large an extent as it once had. very strange.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

all appropriate actions to support and strengthen the legitimate Government of Lebanon under Prime Minister Fouad Siniora

Seems to suggest that Delta Force are camming up to go in for some old style Contra activity.

It wont be an all out invasion or anything of the sort. It may just be strategic strikes upon Hezbollah positions.

We all know that the Lebanese situation is a civil war between Siniora's government (US backed) and Hezbollah (Iranian funded, trained and supported). Thus it is a proxy war between Iran and the USA.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
lebanon is quite stable at the moment i think.

That's not really the case.

The whole point of these resolutions is to bring a conclusion to the recent fighting.

Google News

In fact, its never really been stable in my memory, and I'm nearly 30.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Smokersroom

Just to further back the reply to this comment...

Originally posted by pieman
lebanon is quite stable at the moment i think.

I started keeping an eye on Lebanon around 5/8/08 in my thread, The Daily Mid-East Mess, starting at the bottom of this post.
Spectre of war returns to haunt Lebanon

And continuing posts...

Clashes in General Strike in Lebanon at the top.

Hezbollah overruns west Beirut as Lebanon on brink -- and -- US says Syria, Iran behind Lebanon violence in that post.

Fighting rages between rival parties in northern Lebanon -- and -- US warship heads back to Mediterranean in that post.

2 more in this one
Fighting in Tripoli, but Lebanon's capital is calm
Israel eyes dangers, opportunities in Hizbullah takeover of Lebanon

And here
US President Bush offers to help Lebanese Army

Some in this post
Lebanese government capitulates to Hizbullah
Bush: Hezbollah, Hamas, Al-Qaida are all the same

Feuding Lebanese factions reach deal to elect president

US plan for Lebanon attack revealed

And an article from one of last nights posts...

Deal in Lebanon a win for Hezbollah

The deal to end Lebanon's long stalemate allows a triumphant Hezbollah and its allies back into the government after street fighting reminiscent of the 1975-1990 civil war. Hezbollah patrons Iran and Syria praised the agreement, which seems certain to strengthen Iran's hand as it vies for influence in Iraq and across the Middle East.

"It's a necessary and positive step," said David Welch, the top U.S. diplomat for the Middle East. "It's not for us to decide how Lebanon does this."

For most observers, the deal appeared "a pretty straightforward win" for Hezbollah, in the words of Paul Salem, the Beirut-based head of the Middle East Center of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.

But he noted: "The flip side is that it would usher in a period of accommodation and calm and stability" in Lebanon. That could help calm other parts of the Mideast, given Lebanon's frequent role as a proxy for regional battles.

The agreement struck in Qatar does not force Hezbollah to give up its weapons, putting no restraints on its ability to obtain rockets and bury them in south Lebanon for potential use against Israel.

That's what I got so far

[edit on 5/23/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I urge my colleagues to reject this march to war and to reject H. Res. 1194.

www.antiwar.com...

When I saw this I thought.. geez.. what's the likelihood that those representatives would be willing to devalue their stock options?

At what point in time will we see the demise of another empire?

I sit here contemplating all the rules and rights I'm to follow and wonder how others are able to contradict those rules they set out on the general populace?

I have a speeding ticket I received last Nov/07. I checked innocent and will get my voice heard. This morning as I was driving to work, within the speed limit... some what, I considered the ramifications of what a judge will do if I informed him/her that I found their case without merit in that my right as a citizen is being trampled on by the courts and the government by manipulation and threats.

I went over a limit set out by some bureaucrat in office... The officer at the time gives me a fine.. will this stop me from speeding again? No. The officer also pulled over others and was giving them tickets. Is this not an institution profiteering off of rules they set out.

If I do not oblige them by following outcomes they predetermine I am strong armed to obey with the use of force by their guns for hire institution which is in place to protect the institution rather then the people.

I made a complaint to my local councilors, mayor and the police chief over the handling of me bring to light illegal dumping from a suspect at a gas station. And it was suspicious in the way this lady was dumping those bags.... leaving them on the ground behind her trunk only to take one at a time with about 10 minute intervals to place them in a bin at a gas station. During those intervals she pretended to clean her windows with a squeegee. Her windows were clean!!! I took photos and reported it to a police station only to be laughed at and informed to report it to a city by law officer...

First off.. it was Saturday.. and I would think the police may investigate if I made a formal complaint. Nope.. nothing happened..

After I sent out my letter of complaint to a few bureaucrats, I got attention and was asked to go in and make a formal complaint. Its all red tape.. they only act on it when a "whole" chain of bureaucrats get involved.. what happened to serving and protecting a run of the mill tax payer?

Anyhow.. This article gives the same message.. unless your in the club.. the rules only apply to you as they have a bigger stick to ignore those who oppose them.

Sorry for rambling...

Have a great weekend.

new topics

top topics

join