It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the 100 explosions on the Moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
On the NASA site an article on explosions on the Moon starts with this sentence:
"Not so long ago, anyone claiming to see flashes of light on the Moon would be viewed with deep suspicion by professional astronomers. Such reports were filed under "L" … for lunatic . (pun intended?)

Not anymore. Over the past two and a half years, NASA astronomers have observed the Moon flashing at them not just once but one hundred times.
"
Nasa Science Link

So, what has changed, I ask. Apparently the fact that we wittnessed those numerous explosions and recorded them. I find it very interesting that this was a cooky idea "not so long ago", and it is regarded as normal now, and off handedly explained as "meteorites". It would be the first thing to think off as a layman, but because I am not an expert on moonbusiness, it could just as easy be an excuse for something else.

There is something in this article that says something about our "sanity" in respect to new phenomena. The rule of thumb may be: if you see something nobody else witnessed, you are a lunatic. If everybody sees it, there must be a mundane explanation. Mind the Gab.

I am interested in any cooky out of the box idea for this phenomenon. Of course, sane people are invited too to give their 2cents on the subject.
Mind that we are capable of seeing this with are "backyard telescope", and off course this has been going on for eons, but Nasa has just "discovered" this the last years?!?

"We started our monitoring program in late 2005 after NASA announced plans to return astronauts to the Moon," says team leader Rob Suggs of the MSFC. If people were going to be walking around up there, "it seemed like a good idea to measure how often the Moon was getting hit."
"
Brilliant, but we were walking up there in the sixties/seventies, not??

I will not regard it as off topic if you want to discuss the kind of shelter we (or ET's) will have to build to operate on the Moon. Maybe that's why most of them prefer to live underground.

It is awesome to see these massive explosions!

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
wow,never seen or heard of this before. I shall be reading (when i should be working,my boss doesn't thank you
)

I do though,thank you

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Oh where is John Lear when you need him? (in a straight jacket in a padded room?
)

He'd probably say it's the giant lunar fireflies mating ritual or something.

Meteor strikes sounds right to me, with no atmosphere (to speak of, I think there are a couple parts per billion of gas up there or something extreamly negligible) then even objects the size of a grain of rice would make it all the way to the surface unhindered.

Kinda makes you wonder exactly how much material really does enter our atmosphere - I'm sure there are estimates in the 10's of tonnes range per year, not looking it up no though.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Oh where is John Lear when you need him? (in a straight jacket in a padded room?
)

Kinda makes you wonder exactly how much material really does enter our atmosphere - I'm sure there are estimates in the 10's of tonnes range per year, not looking it up no though.

I hoped Lear would comment on this indeed.

Meteores seems right. I wonder how many strike Earth, or do they burn up in the atmosphere?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

The vast majority burn up - but that still leaves the remnants either floating around up there or raining to Earth as fine dust.

You will always have something left right?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
There is a small article about North Korea exploding a nuclear missle on the moon. I can only find it as a blog. I don't think this would be widely published, but I also read in another blog about President Bush's reaction to it. This could be an exagerration or some kind of media prank, propaganda, etc.

Bush gave a speech to NASA in 2004 and was very excited to tell Nasa that the moon could have resources on it that would "boggle the mind". Bush ordered NASA to explore the moon. Now, NASA is sending two spacecraft to explode on the moon to release 1102 tons of debri. The excuse for the explosion is that they are searching for water on the moon, but, scientific analysis of moon soil is that it contains a small amount of gold.

tinyworld.wordpress.com...

www.space.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think it's all part of the weekend leisure pursuits of the illuminati weapons division.

Just a bit of fun.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

Not an expert either but it almost looks as though it is an expulsion rather than an explosion.
K.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
No explanation, but then again, I have succumbed to rationality when speaking openly haha. I would have to agree that my red flags are raised by the fact that they are just now claiming to "notice" this. Considering they should be experts on the moon, the more time passes the more they are admitting to not really knowing anything. A good thing actually, IMHO.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

The moon is not excluded from being peppered by meteorites, which should have led to the question regarding the effects and incidence of such impacts. For some reason, no one seemed to be eager to capture the events that would be much later published by NASA as a point of interest. Human mind works mysterious ways . . .

If there are advanced aliens in the solar system conducting the study of a primitive intelligent species called Homo sapiens -- aliens advanced enough to fake some of the observed impact flashes -- how would you find out which flashes were alien made?

I think the time would be the clue. There is a coincidence yet to be discovered regarding the time when Apollo 11 landed on the moon. Here's the puzzle: the lunar module with Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed on 20 July. What was the UTC time when the lunar module landed?

There is no analytic solution to the problem for obvious reasons, but there can be a lucky solution. Just describe the event:

Man landed on the moon for the 1st time on 20/7.

Next, isolate the numbers as 1, 20/7, then move 1 to precede 7, resulting in 20/17. Change the slash into a column and 20/17 becomes 20:17 UTC -- the hour and the minute the Apollo 11 lunar module landed on the moon.

The hypothetical aliens would hardly miss this time coincidence and they would use it in conjunction with the acronym UFO to fake some meteorite impact flashes at a special time and place. NASA lists the impact times in UTC.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Meteoroids yep, standard impact nope.
My guess, the meteoroids are causing an electric discharge with or above the lunar surface. The moon is covered in electric scars.

top topics

join