It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming about "God"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Hi all,

I've been reading through the lucid dreaming topic and other dream related topics, and it just got me wondering...

Sometimes, when I'm dreaming, "God" appears in my dream. Most of the time in a human shape (I guess to make it easier on me?), and sometimes just in words or landscapes. I'm not saying this is actually "God", but that's how it's called in my dreams anyway.

If you've been having dreams about "God" too, could you post some things here, like shape or form, whatever was said,...? I'm not trying to proove the existence in anyway, I'm just curious how others dream about God. For me it would be interesting to see some similarities and differences. Maybe they're caused by cultural influences, history, religion itself,... but maybe we've also got somekind of universal "truth" about it and that's what I would like to find out.

With me, when "God" is taking a human form, he's mostly blind and male. But whenever I get closer (fysically, like getting a hug), he gets his sight back. Very special. When there is no human form, I mostly "hear" sentences (the last time it was: "It's not love that counts, but loving."), just out of the blue, or I see words being written right in front of me. And most of the time there are lakes and mountains too.

Also add your religion, because that could make things easier to understand for others (including me). Me myself I've been baptised but I don't really think of myself as a Christian. I feel more related to buddhism, but I'm not even a buddhist, so...

Would be nice to get some answers! (I hope what I'm trying to say is clear, if not, feel free to ask!) Thanks in advance!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hi there!
Thanks for your help on the chakra thread it was one of the most important posts for me in a while.

Im not religious as such, yes I believe there is a God or one creator for sure, Im more of a spiritual person so to speak.

I meditate as you know but Ive never seen a God image. I did see a bright white buddha once sat smiling at me the very first time I meditated. He was so bright I can still remember it now.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You're welcome. I'm glad I could be of any help.

I'm not religious either, a bit the same as you, I think. It's just that I've had some dreams with "God" in them (and that's the whole weird thing actually) and I started wondering if others have had the same experience and if so, what their dreams looked like. So that I could somehow figure out what they've got in common. But maybe not many people have dreams of this kind, I've got no idea. Not that I think I'm unique or something.

Sounds cool about the buddha too! And that for a first meditation! Quite special. You must've liked it too.

Anyway, thanks for replying and see you around!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djeisha
You're welcome. I'm glad I could be of any help.

Sounds cool about the buddha too! And that for a first meditation! Quite special. You must've liked it too.

Anyway, thanks for replying and see you around!

No I was very shocked to see it appear from no where. It really hurt my head the next day too as when it appeared my whole head felt very strained. Ive never seen it again or anything else so clear and bright as it.
Looking back yes it was special, wish Id studied a bit more now.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Oh, I see. Anyway, they can't take that away from you, hah. Eventhough it was shocking, it's still a special experience. It's so amazing to discover everything that can just all of a sudden pop up... Were you in any way focusing on buddha when you were doing your meditation by the way?

top topics

join