It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cow Found Mutilated In Stockholm Saskatchewan

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I have known about this story for quite some time, but I didn't really think much of it. I will share it here.

The only thing that worries me is how close it happened to me. I am about an hour away.

A macabre mystery that pops up around the world has surfaced once again on a secluded Saskatchewan farm.

The most recent case of cattle mutilation occurred in the Stockholm area, just yards away from where Heather Harris and her husband slept. Harris was out tending the cattle the next day when she made the grisly discovery.

The pregnant cow was missing its rectum, female organs, udder, navel, top and bottom lips, one ear and one eye. The animal's tongue appeared to be cut out.

Harris said there was no sign of blood in the area, and all of the injuries appear to be precise incisions. Harris said there were no signs of struggle in the area, and no tire tracks, footprints or blood anywhere around the animal.

Source

In the Western Producer (an agriculture paper) their article mentions that the farm couple was in contact with others that had similar mutilations happen to their animals. The same parts of the animal were removed.

Strange indeed. The area is quite rural and the population is not very high. Whoever does this must scout the area first.

Here is an interesting portion from the article.

After looking at pictures of the remains of Harris' animal, veterinarian Dr. Kathleen Francis said she was shocked.

"Anything that could make that kind of incision took a little bit of skill," said Francis, who has been a vet for 11 years. "There was absolutely no blood anywhere around the carcass which was really weird, you know, to be able to make those kinds of cuts without losing blood somewhere on the ground."

Francis discounted predators as a possible cause of the cow's death, noting there were no bites or claw marks on the carcass. She said the bloodless wounds could mean some kind of electric cautery unit was involved.

"I'm not so convinced I believe the alien theories, but I could certainly go for the cult or that kind of thing happening. ..." she said. "It kind of makes you think -- strange things are out there."

Strange indeed. There is one photo available. Here is the link.

Warning: Graphic Animal Content

Related Links:
www.villagestockholm.com...

Stockholm is a village of over 300 people strategically located at the junction of Highway 9 and Highway 22, approximately 70 km south of Yorkton in east central Saskatchewan, . It is located in a grain and livestock producing area, north of the scenic Qu'Appelle Valley.

Buffalo Found Mutilated

What do I think? Maybe some cult or a sick individual. Part of me wants to think aliens did it..... which is less frightening?

Edit: I changed the title to add where it happened for easy searching.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by Dulcimer]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I once found a young deer that had been mutilated and left in the middle of the football field at the high-school where I was working. That was pretty creepy.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Great find Dulce.

These mutilations are so intriguing. Sometines it seems that we know as little now as when these happenings first came about. Thaks for posting this.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Also worth mentioning, the farm couple has several dogs that did not notice any disturbance. No barking etc.

My dog would sleep through a war though....

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I would like to know how many of these things go unreported. I know if we found something like that on our farm, and I was not an ATS member, we would probably never let anyone but some close friends know.

I bet there are a lot of stories out there like this. There was a wave of it in my area quite some time ago. I cannot remember the year. It seems to come in waves.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
When we found the deer, we weren't even allowed to call the cops or talk about it to anyone. We were told to throw it in a dumpster, and to forget about it.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Be sure and check with your local UFO reporting agencies for sightings prior to and immediately surrounding the event.
Also have you or anyone else noticed any increase in military vehicles or jets recently?
Also if it only an hour away, you could always go and try to interview the owners of the property where this happened.
Hopefully it was a one time occurrence and not something which could begin to happen more often.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
My province has plenty of good UFO researchers, and no we have not seen anything strange lately.

I do not know if there was any sighting during the general time of the mutilation. It would be really interesting if there was something.

I have not noticed any increase in planes or helicopters either. Nothing is out of the ordinary.

I am interested in the moon phase during the time of the mutilation. A group of researchers here have said that most mutilations happened during a specific phase of the moon. Its interesting stuff.

Our research has shown that the MAJORITY of mutilations in this province have occurred between NEW Moon and FIRST QUARTER Moon.

Source

I think it fits again.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Freaky. I am holed up in a tiny motel in Yorkton as we "speak"

As noted on this sight I travel all the time and I have very seldom come across things like this.

It makes me ponder the idea of aliens simply because the people here are very "normal".

I exclude myself from that title...as I know many here in the great plains would yet in the light of "cow respect" i do not see anybody harming a cow in this fashion. I could justify steeling the cow for meat scenario but not just eyes, lips and what not

ps. The justify part is a joke

[edit on 23-5-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
What I find interesting about these mutilations is that they occur all over the map, yet the modus operandi is nearly identical in every case.

I believe our governments know a great deal more than they're telling us and it's about dang time they told us what the devil is going on.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I once found a young deer that had been mutilated and left in the middle of the football field at the high-school where I was working. That was pretty creepy.

the above quote would have to be first wild animal case that I've on this subject.
why is it all we seem to hear is milk cows or cattle.... no dogs, cats, chicken,
geese, tigers, lions, elephants infact no other animals .... just cows or cattle.
strange

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
The pregnant cow was missing its rectum, female organs, udder, navel, top and bottom lips, one ear and one eye. The animal's tongue appeared to be cut out.

Harris said there was no sign of blood in the area, and all of the injuries appear to be precise incisions. Harris said there were no signs of struggle in the area, and no tire tracks, footprints or blood anywhere around the animal.

All these parts missing were from the Inside as she is lying on her Offside So Inside ear,eye,rectum,lips etc are all accessible to predators,crows love to pick the eyes out.

"Anything that could make that kind of incision took a little bit of skill," said Francis, who has been a vet for 11 years. "There was absolutely no blood anywhere around the carcass which was really weird, you know, to be able to make those kinds of cuts without losing blood somewhere on the ground."

Francis discounted predators as a possible cause of the cow's death, noting there were no bites or claw marks on the carcass. She said the bloodless wounds could mean some kind of electric cautery unit was involved.

Strange indeed. There is one photo available. Here is the link.

Warning: Graphic Animal Content

"Anything that could make that kind of incision took a little bit of skill"

This part is where it gets interesting,Heather Harris stated

"Harris was out tending the cattle the next day when she made the grisly discovery."

Did Mrs Harris take the photo that next day? cause the carcass looks 1-2days old.See all the hair around the nasal area.

Because there was no blood around the carcass I can assume the beast was dead before the removal off body parts.

I would say that the beast died of a heart attack,lightning struck it or natural causes first,than was set apound by predators,birds are predators
A day after death the body blots and the skin gets stretched,this maybe why these "incisions" look like there was skill involved?

Interesting,I have been checking these mutilations out myself lately.
Regards
Zelong.

[edit on 23/5/08 by Zelong]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ST SIR 86

the above quote would have to be first wild animal case that I've on this subject. why is it all we seem to hear is milk cows or cattle.... no dogs, cats, chicken, geese, tigers, lions, elephants infact no other animals .... just cows or cattle.
strange

Smaller animals probably would just be overlooked for the most part, as well as wild animals. If the deer I had found was left in the woods, no one would have ever known. And if someone finds a carcass in the woods that doesn't look like "natural" death, they will assume it's poachers or the work of those asshole sort of hunters that don't bother to take the meat.

EDIT to add: There have been cases of Human mutilation however. I saw a picture just a few days ago, can't remember where at the moment, with the picture of a guy who had been carved up in much the same way.

[edit on 5/23/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

In the case of the deer that I found. It had only been dead for hours. No blood. Clean incisions right through bone. But also brutal force. The neck had been broken with such force as to nearly remove the head.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I did an analysis on the FOIA Forum not too long ago dealing with just this subject. Most of the cases in the report were from the Southwest US thirty years ago, but there may be some relevant background in the thread linked below, if anyone is interested.

FOIA: Cattle Mutilation Investigation - FBI Files

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I had a crazy experience with a cattle/horse mutilation. I have a thread about it. Nobody believed me but o well.

I live in New Mexico and this stuff happens all the time. My step dad lived in a small town near Taos, and he said there were always tons of cattle mutilations.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Feel free to share your stories theendisnear69. If you have a thread, link it here.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well, like the crop circles these Mutilations are very difficult to dismiss. I presume a cow must weigh quite a lot. So one assumes for the precision to be so surgical, the cow must be moved to a area where these procedures can be carried out. This is the most intriguing part of the phenomena in my opinion.

How the hell could you move a fully grown cow without disturbing the area or making a commotion? Then operate on the cow with such precision, then return the carcass to the original location without making a disturbance. Very interesting indeed.

I remember reading once that a farmer in the USA spotted a Helicopter which in his words was pretending to be a UFO. He went on to say he saw the Chopper drop a cow in the field. The farmer stated that the chopper had flashing lights all over it. He stated it definitely was a chopper, although he said he believed it was pretending to be an UFO! Now does this answer the question as to who's mutilating the cows or does it tell us that someone was trying to fool us into believing these acts are being carried out by Aliens?

Whatever is happening to these animals, it's very sinister in my opinion. Poor cows, they don't have much choice do they? McDonalds or Alien fodder

[edit on 23uFriday08/27/20 by paul76]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
this occurrence has the exact same details and mutilations of the cattle mutilations in colorado some years ago. it's starting to get interesting seeing multiple reports from all over the world, which to me dismisses a local cult or group of pranksters.

each incident has the same bloodless surgical precision.
i highly doubt there is a cult out there that has spread to the far reaches of our world's nations and countryside's pulling this off.

even after these morbid predations break into the local news of the world, you really never hear much about it afterwards.

makes one think doesn't it?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I have never believed these events to be anything but natural, including man, predator or nature.

If its man made event then you have your answer, people hoax on here and people hoax out side of here.

Predators (coyotes for me) will eat the easy areas on downer cattle, the rectum being the first. A lot of time when cattle die their mouth will be open allowing the 'yote to get the tongue. Birds will take the eyes in a hurry.

Ever see the aftermath of a fat cow when hit by lighting? YUK! Well maybe it was a heat beam from a UFO.

Roper

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join