It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was wondering about Alex Jones.

page: 1/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
What are your opinions on the work that Alex Jones has done in the "Conspiracy World?"
Truth Seeker or Government Agent or charlatan?
Me personally....I think he is on to something.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sacerd

I agree. I also think there is a possibility Lee Harvey Oswald may have had help.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Alex Jones has some good points, but I do think that he takes it too far sometimes. I don't listen to much of his stuff because the last time I did, my computer started playing his show every time it was on. I didn't sign up for that, and I couldn't get rid of it until my computer crashed a month or two later.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I think he's an annoying loudmouth, but he's got good material. And at least someone is out there saying these things and ruffling some feathers.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I Think Alex Jones makes some good points. I do not always like his methods or fear tactics...but I think he is pretty much on target in the general pattern of what he is describing.
What he is implying is that history does not nor did it every happen by accident...many aspects of History are planned to a predone conclusion. History is not just a bunch of random unconnected unrelated dots or stories.

I also know that back in the late 1960 through the 1980s there were some people running around the country doing talks on the same or similar ideas. It seems that with the advent of home computers this type of thing or conspiracy concept has caught on with alot more folks than back in the 1970s to 1980s.

Anonymous,
I also dont think that Lee Harvey Oswald was the Lone Gunman. I think he was more of a patsy.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 23-5-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think Alex Jones is a man who talks the talk and walks the walk, and you have to respect him for that. As much as we discuss things on here, how many of us actually go out and do the background research, find the documents, interview people, take photos, produce radio shows and disperse our findings? Not many I would assume.

For me sometimes he seems too aggressive towards those with a different opinion, and not willing to take a different point of view which is frustrating, but again, he does what he says he's going to do, which for me is an important thing.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It is strange for me because I never realized how young he was. Amazing really. He has guts that is certain.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I like Alex I hope the lord gives him a huge sword one day so he can whack a few N.W.O heads off. He works hard to keep use informed most likely they will kill him soon.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The problem with Alex Jones is no one takes him seriously anymore.
He could uncover the most amazing conspiracy, and have the evidence, but no one will pay any attention. His over the top vauderville fanaticism, combined with his aggressive devotion, no matter how flawed or painfully and obviously wrong to anyone other than Alex Jones, have undermined his credibility to the furthest degree.
Once you've experienced Alex Jones once, you've seen all his repetoire. He's like a one-string banjo.
Now, if Alex Jones had someone else, someone rational as the face, then the Alex Jones team would probably begin to be taken seriously, and they would be able to create the correct effect in getting people to raise their awareness and begin positive actions. His content, on the whole, is pretty good, and I'll give him and his team 9 out of 10 for effort, but the truth is, it's wasted.
Alex Jones reminds me of that homeless guy that wanders around Austin, naked, except for a loin-cloth (or just naked). Amusing, but embarassing at the same time.
Sensationalism worked in getting him attention and ratings, but he's been riding that pony for far too long. He thinks that by shouting over people; being the loudest voice, that that is all that is needed to come up trumps with his arguments. That is really, really annoying.
He seems like a really nice guy, and he genuinely does want to help, and it is probably frustrating for him that his methods are not having the effect that he thinks they should have.
No one is going to kill him. He's the media equivalent of a travelling circus side-show freak.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I think that the problem is that when topics such as the ones that he tends to cover get discussed people "shut down". It is very very hard for people to buy into the idea that the US government would fly planes into the world trade center regardless of how much proof you can or cannot find to support that idea. Not to mention the patriotic backlash that one can expect to endure upon making such claims.
People don't want to believe that it may be true, and so they are willing to ignore any evidence that suggest that it is. A good example was his appearance on the show "Conspiracy Zone". I wondered why Alex tended to use the Megaphone but after I saw that show I understood LOL.
I mean he was very calm and collected on that show but sadly and ironically he was the one to be "shouted down" not just by the other guests but by the host as well, who made light of the whole thing. (Of course Kevin Nolan is a comedian so I suppose that is to be expected.) The other guest however seemed to be angry that Alex would say such things as he does, as if he hates his country or something because he does not trust the folks who run it.
Maybe adding another voice to his "team" would be a good idea, but what do you think would be a good disposition for such an addition? I would love to say calm and collected but I don't know that their voice would be heard after what I say on "Conspiracy Zone".

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
His team is good at gathering info. AJ seems good at joining up the dots. They need a writer/s to put it all into a context that is pallatable for mass consumption. They need someone to deliver it who is photogenic, firm but not overly aggressive, knows basic neuro-linguistic programming, but most importantly, they need to rehearse it, and they need to learn it like AJ knows it. Play it like the mainstream media. Once that is in place, mainstream media will welcome segment fillers with open arms! Right there, the prospective audience just sky-rocketed. You have to pandy to the mainstream, there's no option. You have to be clever about spinning it right. Presentation is a large part of it. We know he has a lot of good info and ideas, but it isn't getting through. Hook up with more investigative journalists. Work more on down to earth subjects like local government, banking, councils, corporations, rip offs...stuff that is relevant to the little man. Once he's paying attention, then start feeding him bigger and bigger stuff. The way AJ does it now, he just drops a side of bbq elephant on peoples laps, and they're just turned off.
Not a lot of people listen to the radio. They need to broaden medias.
Alex Jones does know his stuff - I'll give him top marks for that. But it is unharnessed. Going off in all directions. AJ needs to filter it through someone, or a group. It's like info coming in to the NSA, or CIA or MI6. They collect all this info, but then they order it. It's a process to get everything sorted by relevance and importance. Research it, make it solid.
When they confront people, don't just frighten them, bully them, suprise them - you need someone who has the gift of the gab. Get them talking about stuff they're into - even allow them a little bit of self promotion, then ease the topic over into something a little more interesting. He's wasting opportunities.
Make more friends in the media. Set up reciprocal business situations with websites like ATS 'and others'. You all have good material that you all could use, and it widens everybodies audience base.
His movies are ok, but agian, they need spin. You can get the same message across in much more palattable words. You can be subtler. You can say things without actually saying it. Don't take everything to the extreme all the time. Focus on 1 thing, it's implications, it's links, what it means to the little person, to the government. The films are a lot better because people are working on it, re-writing, formulating, making it more presentable.

Alex Jones is a patriot...One that likes his own voice, but still a patriot. At least he brings the fight. For that he deserves respect. The whole thing just needs refined. I mean, think laterally - how would psy-ops do it? There's your framework right there.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by cruzion]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm unsure about Alex's true purpose but he gives us useful information. Like many others, I dislike his delivery. I listen every day though lol

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sacerd

my friends and family used to shut down on me as well whenever I mentioned 9/11 or other conspiracy topics. I got them to open their minds though.

As soon as someone rolls their eyes or gives me the look that says "this guy is nuts" I come immediately back with the following...

Im going to assume you have objections not to any evidence I show but rather your unwavering belief that our goverment would never commit murder on its own citizens. But the facts are clear in the past that our govt will indeed murder us for even trivial reasons... I then list (and if near a home computer show them) Operation Northwood, CIA '___' experiments, Gulf of Tonkin incident, radiation exposure, etc.

Those examples have authentic goverment documents that prove 100% that our goverment can and does murder its own citizens.

After I disprove the idea that our goverment would never commit murder, 9/11 being an inside job seems very likely to them. The key is getting folks to accept that its certainly possible.

FYI, Operation Northwood always is the best proof. Cmon, an actual Goverment plan to murder citizens by taking control of planes (sound familiar) and crash them by remote control. The documents prove that we had the technology to hijack a plane by remote control back in the 1960's !

Those who used to laugh at me when I suggested that there probably werent even any terrorists on those planes no longer laugh after I showed them Operation Northwood. Now they tell others about it.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Do you guys think maybe Alex is not trying to "convert" people so much as to inform people who already have suspicions? Perhaps his goal is to get others to do the "Converting" for him.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
Im going to assume you have objections not to any evidence I show but rather your unwavering belief that our goverment would never commit murder on its own citizens. But the facts are clear in the past that our govt will indeed murder us for even trivial reasons...

...and right there you have one of the main reasons I believe Alex Jones is a fraud and nothing more than a fear mongering rumor starter. If even a fraction of what he claims had any merit, and if the federal government was even a fraction as fascist as he claims, then Alex Jones would have been killed shortly after the 9/11 conspiracy nonsense began. Remember, in the month immediately following 9/11, the killing off of Alex Jones wouldn't have been publically questioned by anyone with any percieved credibillity. All the dovernment would have needed to do is find a "good ol' boy" redneck or red blooded all American boy type to be their patsy, and they could have offed Jones and then pinned it on said patsy under the guise of a "real patriot who's fed up with Jones' BS and decided enough was enough."

The fact that Jones walks freely and speaks freely today is a strong level of proof that this "cut throat" government is nowhere near the kill all dissenters and silence all critics collective he paints them as. I mean, seriously, it wouldn't take much effort at all for them to actually silence Jones... I can think of dozens of different scenarios in which they could easily accomplish that task, and the fact remains they haven't done so. The simple fact that the government has merely dismissed his ramblings and treat him like he doesn't exist (until he either trespasses or makes a public nuisance of himself) speaks volumes.

The other issue I take with Jones is the way he prefaces every single messed up theory, rumor, and speculation he has with "We know that..." stated in such a way that the listener, unless they closely guard themselves and keep their brains in check, subconciously files whatever Jones says as truly something "we know" and therefore applies some subconcious legitimacy to it. It is a form of brain washing and it is a carefully crafted manner of speaking that he uses. Very reminiscent of communist leaders/mouthpieces and their constant usage of pronouns like "we" and "us" vs "they" and "them." The difference being the communist leaders/mouthpieces use those words in speeches to try and instill a collective sense of unity in the attitudes of "the motherland," like everyone in the country is included and should feel on even ground with all the other citizens. Jones uses it to make his listeners feel the same, only on a micro-particpant level. "We" and "Us" are the people who "they" and "them" (the government, illuminati, gingivitis, etc) are going against and want neutralized. Instead of divide and conquer, he uses divide, then reunify a select number, then attempt to conquer. Combine that with the previously mentioned "remember to decalre everything you say as fact and never a theory or presumption" and I believe the man is an old west snake oil salesman (not to mention a ranting, raving ass.)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

The reasons "they" haven't killed Alex Jones are several.

First, they have already killed him in all "legitimate" main-stream sectors. So anytime his words happen to get out somewhere that might be a threat to them, all they have to counter with is "conspiracy nut" without even so much as a denial of what Jones is reporting.

Second, the fact that there are believers and non-believers keeps the public safely divided and conquered.

Third, they are sending a message by allowing people like Alex Jones to speak. "Look at everything we have done and already gotten away with, and there is nothing that you can do about it. Fear us."

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I think he's an annoying loudmouth, but he's got good material. And at least someone is out there saying these things and ruffling some feathers.

This is exactly how I feel. I'm lazy

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I think in the last few months, Alex has opened his mind to a larger scale, and has dropped the religious crap (thank god/s)

He has guts, and his ego seems in check, winning combo. I hope he calls the positive more, and drops the fear/hate thing. People usually come across as less intelligent when they start to rave and yell... I know it's pure emotion, but to debate, and beat those criminals at their game, you should keep your head as level as you can, and then perhaps the criminals he exposes will become emotional themselves. This way they expose their true personas. Wearechange are doing this method lately, and it seems to be working great. Hats off.

Love

Z

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
That's exastly what I was saying about beating people at their own game. Politicians DON"T lose their temper - if they do, the lose control. Alexs' object should be to control the discussion. Try and move people to a ground where they are emotional, or comfortable, or extremely UNcomfortable - that's when they are gonna let their tongues go and say stuff they aren't supposed too. It's subtle. Shouting and threatening is for kids.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cruzion
That's exastly what I was saying about beating people at their own game. Politicians DON"T lose their temper - if they do, the lose control. Alexs' object should be to control the discussion. Try and move people to a ground where they are emotional, or comfortable, or extremely UNcomfortable - that's when they are gonna let their tongues go and say stuff they aren't supposed too. It's subtle. Shouting and threatening is for kids.

Hmmmm this is very well said... couldna said it better myself

top topics

<<   2 >>

join