It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus created Sex

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Claim? I don't "claim" anything friend. I do not believe in religion. I have faith. I did not state ANYWHERE that by faith I mean religion. Where did I say that Jim? Show me where I said that Jim.....

No wonder Chrsitians were thrown to the lions....they're a royal pain in the arse!

But you do claim things, you claim things all the time, making the statement that "I do not believe in religion" is a claim, a claim that you do not believe in religion (I can play the symantics game too, see).

When I say, "research of different faiths" I mean: research of different faiths. Religions? Yes. Systems of belief? Yes. Philosophies? Yes. Theology? Yes. The "stories" created by many religions? Yes.

With this statement you are obviously equating "faith" with "religion".

So by your own measures and logic, you EB, have a religion or faith (untrue to the true definition of faith, which I previously posted).

I have proved that by your own admition that your idea of faith, is religious, not faith in it's true definition.

(I breakdance from time to time)

-Jimmy

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Jim....you can do better. You bold some words of mine and take them out of context and then try to use that as proof of some point of yours that is not a point, but point-less.

Here's my words:

"When I say, "research of different faiths" I mean: research of different faiths. Religions? Yes. Systems of belief? Yes. Philosophies? Yes. Theology? Yes. The "stories" created by many religions? Yes."

Religions are faiths. Yes. But, not all faiths are religions Jim. Come on. Simple logic.

I state above Jim, that:

Religion is a form of faith
Belief systems are a form of faith
Philosophies are a form of faith
Theology is the study of faiths
The "stories" that people choose to believe are forms of faith

Come on now Jim. You can do better!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Jim, I just noticed your location:

How do you steal a clot? You mean like a blood clot or something? I bet there are a lot of people out there that would pay you to take their clots. That's probably a good business idea. Entrepreneural and all.....

Do you steal clots for Jesus?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Jim, I just noticed your location:

How do you steal a clot? You mean like a blood clot or something? I bet there are a lot of people out there that would pay you to take their clots. That's probably a good business idea. Entrepreneural and all.....

Do you steal clots for Jesus?

Lol, yes I do.

It was supposed to say "clothes", but it cut me off.

-Jimmy

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Here's my words:

"When I say, "research of different faiths" I mean: research of different faiths. Religions? Yes. Systems of belief? Yes. Philosophies? Yes. Theology? Yes. The "stories" created by many religions? Yes."

Religions are faiths. Yes. But, not all faiths are religions Jim. Come on. Simple logic.

What Ive come to understand through my research is told best in a story where Jesus explains the nature of Truth. In as much as I wanted to cut it short, I apologize for the long quote, but it captures what we need to understand about the path as well as acceptance of every mans personal journey.

The Gospel of the perfect life

What, then, is Truth?
2. And as they were speaking Jesus appeared in their midst and said, Truth, one and absolute, is in God alone, for no man, neither any body of men, knoweth that which God alone knoweth, who is the All in All.. To men is Truth revealed, according to their capacity to understand and receive.
3. The One Truth hath many sides, and one seeth one side only, another seeth another, and some see more than others, according as it is given to them.
4. Behold this crystal: how the one light its manifest in twelve faces, yea four times twelve, and each face reflecteth one ray of light, and one regardeth one face, and another another, but it is the one crystal and the one light that shineth in all.
5. Behold again, When one climbeth a mountain and attaining one height, he saith, This is the top of the mountain, let us reach it, and when they have reached that height, lo, they see another beyond it until they come to that height from which no other height is to be seen, if so be they can attain it.
6. So it is with Truth. I am the Truth and the Way and the Life, and have given to you the Truth I have received from above. And that which is seen and received by one, is not seen and received by another. That which appeareth true to some, seemeth not true to others. They who are in the valley see not as they who are on the hill top.
7. But to each, it is the Truth as the one mind seeth it, and for that time, till a higher Truth shall be revealed unto the same: and to the soul which receiveth higher light, shall be given more light. Wherefore condemn not others, that ye be not condemned.
8. As ye keep the holy Law of Love, which I have given unto you, so shall the Truth be revealed more and more unto you, and the Spirit of Truth which cometh from above shall guide you, albeit through many wanderings, into all Truth, even as the fiery cloud guided the children of Israel through the wilderness.
9. Be faithful to the light ye have, till a higher light is given to you. Seek more light, and ye shall have abundantly; rest not, till ye find.
10. God giveth you all Truth, as a ladder with many steps, for the salvation and perfection of the soul, and the truth which seemeth to day, ye will abandon for the higher truth of the morrow. Press ye unto Perfection.

That pretty much sums it up. EB is right about the search for indeed we are instructed to search. I as you Jimmy struggle for the right words and you and I have both come to know that.

As far as the search, there are some paths that are easy to identify as the wrong paths and only you will know through your own experience and the confirmations which only the beholder can understand.

Peace

[edit on 8-6-2008 by HIFIGUY]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join