It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US headed toward a total economic and social breakdown…

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I believe we are headed soon toward a complete and total economic and social breakdown due to the following:
1. Inaccurate statistics
2. Falling home prices
3. Gas and food price increases
4. Environmental “natural” disasters

Let us start with inaccurate statistics… First who made these economic definitions, are they ever tested lets say every 10 or 20 years to see if they still hold up? As someone who is versed in epidemiological statistics, you have to decide what you count and what you don’t. Of course in science, you have to report what exactly you are counting, look for and admit to confounding factors it seems however when they come up with these “numbers” they never give where exactly they got them. Unemployment rates are a prime example-
“Finally, there's the unemployment rate. It was at a relatively low 5% in April. But according to Williams' Web site, ShadowStats.com, the actual rate may be between 8% and 12% if you use a more accurate reading of those out of work.” money.cnn.com...
I would add to this all those people who lost their jobs and have been forced by the poor economy to get another full time job paying much less then what they made previously. When exactly was the term recession defined? Has it been examined to determine its accuracy in today’s economy? A "recession," of course, is defined by two consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth which we have not as of yet experienced. I have lived through a previous recession (2001) however I never remember it being this bad…
Housing- American’s don’t save as a general rule, we could get into why this is and how messed up we all are, but the fact is we do not save. The majority of most American’s wealth is in their home. While there are many people who got into loans they could not afford when their rates reset, I think that homeowners who have re-financed their home, borrowing more then their homes will be worth with the falling real-estate prices, will be the next wave to hit! There is a thought out there that we are at a peak of foreclosures, I disagree I think we have only just begun! With falling real estate prices, a depressed economy, increased unemployment, increased cost of living and more common environmental disasters I feel we are headed toward a complete breakdown of American economy!
Gas and food increases (otherwise known as inflation)/ economic disasters: Yeah well here we are a 4$ a gallon gas and still the economy limps ever onward how far can this go? What about 5$ or 6$ gas? A what point will it get so high that the economy shuts down completely, people start not being able to commute to work, truck drivers stop delivering product, planes stop flying? Really people it is not like we are going to get a good public transportation system any time soon, we have our cars and that is it! Sure people can more out of suburbia and move into cities, but they can’t sell their house so how are they going to do that. If this increase happened over years then people could adapt but over months? I don’t think so… If predictions are correct then this hurricane season could mean temporary halts to production in the Gulf of Mexico and in refineries. This is going to further increase gas prices. Of course gas increases in the summer months anyways so we have not even felt those price increases yet. Doesn’t it seen like there just are more “natural” disasters lately? Tornados (in places that usually don’t have many), Florida is burning down, and it is not hurricane season yet?
Yeah, I know it is believed that the economy is based more on consumer/investor confidence but doesn’t it seen like that is just not happening? I mean where are all these people, you know the conservative republicans mainly, who are all on the economic band wagon saying everything is going to be OK? There seems to be a paucity of these types lately…
Comments? Opinions? Bets on the magic gas #?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Won't happen. The USA is by far the largest consumer of pretty much everything there is to consume. The world won't let the USA collapse.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Growth is unsustainable.

from New Scientist
IT is a pity we have only one planet to live on. The latest planetary health assessment shows we need 1.4 Earths to sustain the average lifestyle. If we don't slow down, the report warns, "humanity is at risk".

The UN Environment Programme released its fourth Global Environment Outlook (GEO) report last week. And while the human ecological footprint is 21.9 hectares per person on average, the Earth's biological capacity is just 15.7 hectares per person.

According to the Global Footprint Network, we went into ecological debt on 6 October this year, having consumed more than the planet can regenerate in one year. Similar footprint calculations recently found that Cuba is the only nation developing sustainably (Ecological Economics, DOI: 10.1016/j.ecolecon.2007.08.017). So no matter how you spin it, we're in trouble.

As soon as the oil supply starts to faulter were supposed to have societal meltdown.

[edit on 23/5/08 by carslake]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The home of the 13 colonies. The Land of the Brave.....Home of the Free down and out like they were after the Civil War.

They will survive. Freedom will raze all it encounters.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I don't know whether this gets posted or not, but here is my theory:
I think that by next year, the world will be quite different. At what point do we as US citizens decide that enough is enough, throw bush on his ass and pick up the pieces? At this rate, gas prices WILL shut down our country. There will be no more money left, so what will we do? Once we cannot work and get angry (which we honestly should have done when this stupid war started) is when bush starts to use all the laws he passed for his martial law. So we get royally screwed by our national guardsmen who have no choice but to follow their orders.
I usually don't buy into the conspiracy theories much, but the laws are in the books. They are VERY real. The patriot act opened a huge can of worms, and I really hope that we do not feel the full force of it. I honestly hope I am wrong, and everyone can say I told you so. I am, and have been, counting the days till january since the 2004 election.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bronco73

Text

doh!...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bronco73

China is very rapidly playing catch up and will soon be an even bigger consumer than the USA, and then we will be old news in the eyes of the world.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
To anyone that reads these things and still wants to fight what is really happening here or thinks that everything is going to be alright needs to get one thing straight.

The world is not going to be the same.

You can not point the finger at one person and blame them.

Their is a collective group directing the flow.

The world leaders you see are just the faces that direct the flow.

Soon the economy will collapse.

It will not come back.

Canada and Mexico will be united with USA and thus having no boarders.

No money will be available.

The governments will have a plan that you know work for them if you want energy, food, water because the own it all anyways.

It's not just the USA this is going to happen to.

The whole world is out to change.

Once you think you know who is responsible they are not.

It doesn't really matter right now who is doing it but what does matter is that is being done.

and what are you going to do about it is the real question?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by uknow_me72

rather depressing but probably very true.

It hopeless to be optimistic about where we are headed, so much is happening and so much will happen and unfortunately a lot of what will happen will be bad.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Great post!
Ive heard that the powers that be are going to pull the rug out from our economy sometime around sept 18th this year. im sure this was a discussion this weekend in chantilly at the bilderberg confrence.

normally i would take a claim that big with a couple grains of salt but if you really pay attention to economic news that estimate seems to be lining up.

inflation is skyrocketing. real estate is in freefall mode. people are going bankrupt all over. 4$ for gas. food prices rising, all commodities are soaring. major banks are going bust and are only able to stay afloat as a result of the federal reserve corporations manipulations. the dollar rose the other day on the mere heresay that ben bernanke was going to "take inflation more seriously"

nothing was done, nothing was changed. all ben bernanke did was lie and say he was going to take something more seriously and the dollar rallies.

what im trying to say here is that there is no foundation to our economy any more. it is running on fumes now. all they are doing is lying and manipulating official numbers to make things look better than they really are. you can only lie about inflation numbers for so long until people wake up to the fact our leaders are traitors and criminal thugs robbing us each and every day. they are just buying time till they can collapse everything in a controled manner how they want to. maybe they will nuke LA or Chicago. maybe a bio attack. maybe they will just let the economy implode great depression style. then its off to the fema camps with all of us.

i do not think they have enough time. i think its all gonna blow up in their faces. this economy is way too unstable. another bear strens incident and this whole powder keg is going off.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I personally believe that we are going to go into a honeymoon stage with the new president. A ruse for a while, then bam, the really tough stuff will hit!

I think we will be led into a false security and many will be duped into believing all will be okay, then the *&@# will hit the fan.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Yup I totally agree. It really is about the money. When you look at the root of our problems it comes down to the dollar. The government has spent and spent and spent and spent and put it on the charge card and instead of paying for things as we go and cutting the spending we just spend more and put it on the card. Well those bills are coming due and countries are not as quick to jump anymore to give us the money. They see whats going on and they dont like it. Our country will be bankrupt within the next 2 years and it will cause WW3 because our war mongering government will not go down without a fight.

Bad days are coming we the people need to start to become more reliant on ourselves. Get back to gardening. I even say bring back the damn horse and buggy. Screw big oil. Buy gold and lots of it and be ready because the dollar will be worthless here soon and $15 gas will be the norm. Hate to be a doom and gloomer but look at my first thread I made when I joined. Ive seen this coming for a long time now.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

I think that by next year, the world will be quite different. At what point do we as US citizens decide that enough is enough, throw bush on his ass and pick up the pieces?

Have you noted that there is an election campaign taking place as we speak for the office of the presidency?

Are you aware that by this time next year the new president will have about five months of duty under his belt?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73
Won't happen. The USA is by far the largest consumer of pretty much everything there is to consume. The world won't let the USA collapse.

It's this kind of basic thought process without any real insight into the problem that got us to where we are today. Yes, we are looking at the second great depression right now, and it won't be anything like the first one was. Whether or not we go over the tipping point no one knows, but anyone who spends more time following the markets than they do American Idol knows we are in seemingly uncharted territory.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
The patriot act opened a huge can of worms, and I really hope that we do not feel the full force of it.

Some of us have been feeling the full force of it for a very long time. Since before it was ever enacted in fact.

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
I personally believe that we are going to go into a honeymoon stage with the new president. A ruse for a while, then bam, the really tough stuff will hit!

I think we will be led into a false security and many will be duped into believing all will be okay, then the *&@# will hit the fan.

I really hope that you're right about this, as it will give those who are awake more time to prepare. I'm afraid that Bush may precipitate the blow up just before the election though.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73

That's like saying the the rest of Europe or the East wouldn't have let the Roman Empire collapse. We are the only ones who can save our economy. We are reaping the disastrous consequences of fiat money and nation building.

Most Americans agree we are on the wrong path, yet we continue to elect to power those that believe and insist that these systems and ideas can work. Never mind their inherent shortcomings. When will we learn?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I really hope that you're right about this, as it will give those who are awake more time to prepare. I'm afraid that Bush may precipitate the blow up just before the election though.

Ya, it is just what I am sensing. If we are willing as sheep it would be easier to manipulate us. We are on guard right now, and they know it! Attack your enemy when they are sleeping, complacent and have just had a few beers! Lol!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The USA can fall apart and with it will go the rest of the world... There is so much corruption at this point in time that everyone is out to screw his own neighbor, all thinking they will get ahead. It's like a bunch of rats humping each other in a box looking for food.

Rome and Greece did exactly what the United States is doing today...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Most people really have no idea on what is going to happen shortly and what has been happening for years before your Grandparents were even Alive and their Grand Parents and further down the road.

Everything is lining up. The people we elect in to power our out for themself and out for the one's controlling the world with, Money, Oil, and Government.

The general people not in the suck are just suckers waiting for them to decide what is next for them.

They are called sheep, or floaters.

The economy is a joke and capitalism is to blame. The government owns the rights and regulations to all business and are capitalising on the regulations they put on the business.

The best slave is a slave that thinks they're free.

We are just waiting for master to crack his whip and tell us what to do next.

Pointing the finger at who we think is master is not going to work.

You want evidence for AUTHORITIES to show you who is at fault but why would they incriminate themself? They won't.

Your Evidence is all the things lining up and inflation, war, and the housing market.

Do not buy gold it has no power.
Do not fall in to the buy houses scheme because they are going to fall out.

We are in big trouble here bigger then you know.

The economy falling and the Puppet Master cracking the whip is only a portion of the problem.

Their is something far greater then what you see or think.

What they media says happens. That is why it is there to plant a seed that it could happen and then it does.

Watch it.

Do not accept the chip.

I hate to sound like I am ranting but talking about the issue's really do not help.

The only way we are going to save the people we love is by creating a network of people that know S*** ain't right and doing something about it. If you do not you will be swept up and lose what you own.

Something big is comming and it ain't going to be nice.

There is a solution that is comming under way and will go full force. When it comes it will expose some players and open your eyes to what is really going on. After you know you can choose to stay or go.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv

Rome and Greece did exactly what the United States is doing today...

Not sure what you're trying to say: The Hellenic states were taken over by Rome and Rome eventually collapsed due to a series of massive invasions by Germanic tribes.

Do you think Germans are massing at your borders?

[edit on 9/6/08 by FatherLukeDuke]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join