It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Jones = ATS **Spoilers**

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hello all..

I have just watched the new Indy film "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" and I was shocked to see some of things covered in this film.... I'm actually finding it really hard to explain how weird it was to watch. If you can imagine most of the topics discussed here on ATS (in the alien ufo forum) and made a film out of it... you would pretty much get the new Indy film.

**Spoilers** If you dont want to know the types of things in the film please dont read below **Spoilers**

The Plot:

The film opens in Nevada, 1957 to a convoy of U.S. Military vehicles being driven by Communist Russians lead by Colonel-Doctor Irina Spalko. The group is driving to a location in the desert called "Hanger 51" where they force Indiana Jones to lead them to an object he had previously studied. When the crate is finally opened, it is revealed that it contains remains of a creature that is apparently not of this world.

That is the only bit of the plot Im going to post until more of you have seen it. But I will say that Mayans, Roswell, The Nazca Lines and their relationship to the gods/aliens, How some of the great temples were not made by man but by aliens.. The film is full of ATS material. Its almost like George Lucas got his whole script from this site.

If anyone else has seen this then please do post how you felt about the film.

/Rich

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Wow i can´t wait to see the movie.

I´m a big fan of Indy, and the ufo subjects in the new movie sounds awesome.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Funny you should mention this. I'm about third of the way through and was already thinking about the threads this will inspire at ats. I'll comment further later when I'm finished.

Tell you what, the media sure are pouring out the "aliens" lately. It's almost surreal. What ARE they up to?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
yeah i saw it last night, it sounds like what was in that temple was kind of like what i have read about under the pyramids, and the whole telepathy communication etc is also what is believed with aliens but then it is a steven spielberg and im sure he has read about all this aswell

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
i think it has to do with that alien stuff relating to the 2012 Olympics

thecosmicmind.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by olegkvasha

now i want to see it even more

there is another thread that is talking about a UFO movie.

here is the link. IRON SKY

sorry i don't mean to change the subject, i just wanted to show that the UFO stuff is getting very popular.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I just finished watching it and OMG, it has alot of Alien things in it, SPOILER WARNING!

Things i noticed in the movie we talk alot about in here - An actual UFO, Alien beings (13 in fact), A Portal to another dimension, they even say these beings are inter-dimensional, Area 51, Collective Consciousness, Mayans, Pyramids, Nazca Lines, and many more.

Steven Speilberg & Georgy have been studing a bit on this by the looks of the movie. To say it was part of their imagination is very coincidental with all the above even terminologies they use in the movie...

More subliminal weening in for the masses no doubt in my mind something is on the horizon for the world...slowly but surely...IMO..

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
this movie was dead on...talked about ancient astronauts and had an amazing ending. This will open a lot of minds!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This movie was basically everything coming together that they have been talking about on C2C and on ATS. It had the Crystal Skulls, 13 of them and the power of them, as talked about on C2C. It had the Roswell Crash, Russian UFO Crashes, Area 51, Mayan Culture, Aztecs, Nasca lines, Elongated Skulls, Interdeminsional Travel and a lot more. I saw it with someone that had no back ground on the subject, he didn't like it at first until I explained to him that most of it is based on fact and ancient texts. Hoagland talks about slow release aspirin, Speilberg keeps pushing the subject and waking up the public. This movie is one of his best, it was well thought out and researched, and I understood everything that was going on, only because I listen to C2C and follow ATS. It did have some unrealistic fighting scenes, but it was still very entertaining and informative. I now have a better understanding of how important and powerful the crystal skulls are.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I also jsut got in from seeing it tongiht, thanks for starting the thread, wanted
to chat about it somewhere.. why not here at ATS..

I really liked the point where Indy and the gang first got into the temple at the end, and saw the images on the walls..

and he explained to them (thusly Spielberg/Lucas explaining to the audience at least on a subtle level) .. that these visitors were worshiped as gods, and that they taught primitive man agriculture, irrigation.. etc.. everything to get him "started" in civilization.

with the power and mass appeal of this franchise... this movie has set the stage for the world to be that much more open to this idea.. of greater-than-human beings being depicted in ancient civilizations as gods.

-

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
No need to get too excited, now we will have to wade through more nonsense posts based on fiction. Can't wait until the people here who get carried away by sci-fi films and post about alien groups like the Orion Syndicate who first appeared in Star Trek DS9 as though they are real here after watching Indiana Jones, it's going to be funny and annoying.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
the ending was awesome.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetflock
the ending was awesome.

yeah with their magnetic crystal skeletons..

wish they showed more of the "all-in-one" guy at the end though.

and.. as usual.. the bad guy gets the deserved "god-info-overload-immolation" death-scene.

...flawless victory!

(notice indy saying "i got a bad feeling about this" towards the end? heheh. i was the ONLY person in the theater to get that ...or at least laugh out loud at it.....)
[/geekdom]

-

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I really want to see it, will it be a good one for the whole family? Our ATS subject matter is fine, but cussing and sexual behavior a nono.

Can't WAIT!!!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
To be fair, ATS holds no copywrite nor creative rites to the stuff discussed here. Most of us that discuss things of such a nature have found info else where and have come to this website to feel more normal and post what we've collectivly found out.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I really want to see it, will it be a good one for the whole family? Our ATS subject matter is fine, but cussing and sexual behavior a nono.

Can't WAIT!!!

yea totally family friendly.

the kid says "BS" in its extended version once.. which i thoght was odd.. but whatever..
plug your kids ears when they are walking down a village market street once they get to.. .montupichu in peru (or wherever i forget)...

and yeah.. i'd think it would be "esoteric material" .. more "C2C" .. or ancient history-based..
rather than "ATS stuff" ..

but yeah.. totally fam friendly.

-

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
heh, maybe he should make a sequel to close encounters with this style and feel.
on another note, i had viewed some pics from the comic adaption before the movie and was let down. i am glad it was NOTHING like the movie (the "vehicle" in particular)

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

[

but yeah.. totally fam friendly.

-

Thanks, we will have to go tomorrow night then. Now where did I put that piggy bank???

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
To be fair, ATS holds no copywrite nor creative rites to the stuff discussed here. Most of us that discuss things of such a nature have found info else where and have come to this website to feel more normal and post what we've collectivly found out.

I think you may have miss understood my post. I dont think that he stole information from ATS. I think he did his homework like the rest of us
I just thought how strange it was to sit there watching a film about Aliens and Ancient Astronauts it was all well linked together.

I think the scariest part is that I have always believed pretty much everything that was brought up in the film. How the "Gods" that we believe in are travellers from another world who came here to show man how to evolve and grow as a species.

/rich

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I watched it a few days ago, and asoon as i saw Roswell, hanger 51 I knew it was going to be able aliens and such. ATS instantly popped into mind!.

I knew ATS would have lots of discussion about it and relating it to 2012, Mayan calender possibly even the notion of Movies being based on real events and being a way of getting people used to aliens being on earth.

Found these sites quite interesting too;

ON ATS
Crystal skulls
www.scifi.com...

[edit on 23/5/08 by LI(f)E.]

[edit on 23/5/08 by LI(f)E.]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join