It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why the hell are skeptics allowed to post here

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by elibubbles
i joined this website the other day
my second post was a long topic about ufos aliens which took me an hour to write
i had no replies except one person making a mockery out of it
whenever there is a thread on ufos theres always people making fun of it
sorry but if you dont like matters of which people are based of their opinions, keep it to yourself
there is way more proof that aliens exist than there is to any other theory whether it is 9 11 or the jfk assasination
so for gods sake
if u dont believe aliens exist thats fine, just DONT COME ON A UFO TOPIC AND MAKE A MOCKERY OUT OF IT!

It seems to me that you put your THEORIES across as undeniable proof, without any proof, so whats to stop me saying why are belief pushers allowed to post on this site.

I don't generally go with anything anybody says if they force their belief on me, maybe if you said "I believe this" people won't dig into you but when you say "it is this way and no other" you lose credibilty, with me anyway, i'm sure many others feel that way too.

Skeptics are here to keep us all in check, we need them as much as they need us. We don't want to be led in the wrong directions now do we?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I think skepticism is positive in a way because it enhances people's critical thinking skills.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by polomontana
The OP makes sense.

There should be a folder for UFO discussion and one for UFO debate.

We do have a forum for UFO discussion where evidence or facts are not required, its call Skunkworks.

I think the majority of skeptic haters need to realize that this isn't a site just for UFO stories and fantasies. It a site for denying ignorance. How do we do this? By research, evidence and facts. Simple 'I'm tell this, so it is real' topics wont last long in this neck of the woods if the posters get offended at people for asking them for more proof.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Showed this site to a buddy of mine, and this thread was on the most Recent list. He saw it and he started laughing.
I asked him what was so funny?
He replied, "This is thesite you told me about, with all the people dang near rabid about the All Mighty Government stealing away peoples rights, right?"
I tolkd him that, "Yes it is."
"You don't see the irony here? Freedom of speech for all that think exactly like I do?"
After that point I laughed with him, somewhat self derisivly.
But you have to appreciate the humor, and yeah I know this is more about aliens and stuff, but I'm sure someof theposters have the same ideas regarding the government, and see where I'm coming from here.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hmmm....one must first question the situation, though!
Can I learn from this "Skeptic"?
Is what they are saying, a possibility, and is it put into a reasonable and logical context?
Or
Is it really worth my time, arguing with this person?
Are they just doing this to piss me off?

If the first two are answered as a Yes, then you should, by all means, attempt to have a good healthy debate. We are all beings who can reason, so, lets reason!

If the other two are answered as Yes, then please, for the love of whoever you worship, ignore them. There are Mods on sites like this to moderate the activity of the members, and if someone is truly harassing you, I am sure they will take care of it, especially if you bring it to their attention.

I came on this site a few hours ago, expecting all types of people. Whom I plan to learn so much from. The "skeptics" included. I enjoy to be questioned, and am always open to any possibility, or at least open to hearing and attempting to understand another's ideas and beliefs.

Anyway, if you are really angry by "skeptics" then this type of community would not be the best place to be. Though just remember, wherever you go, there will always be "skeptics" and non-believers, and also believers. And where there are those mixes of people, there will be debates and haters of course, just weed out the ones who you feel could harm you. Keep around the ones you can learn from! Even if they do feel differently than you do!

---Jade---

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
More torque than even an M3! And that means in-gear acceleration blows many petrol sports cars into the weeds. There are other sedans that match or surpass the 330d's performance, but not one in the world that manages it as frugally.

Auto Auctions

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The reality is this board has skeptics on all different topics. But reality is that's the nature of science when a scientist posts a theory other scientists will agree others will tell them problems with there theory. This is a good thing its called collaboration and is healthy it helps get to the truth. I have been watching around here for about 6 months finally decided to join because there is some very knowledgeable people here about varied topics. I would love to believe aliens exist but I'm not willing to throw out logic to prove it so I'm sure well argue about something sometime but that’s sort of the point isn't it. Welcome aboard.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

i joined this website the other day
my second post was a long topic about ufos aliens which took me an hour to write
i had no replies except one person making a mockery out of it
whenever there is a thread on ufos theres always people making fun of it
sorry but if you dont like matters of which people are based of their opinions, keep it to yourself
there is way more proof that aliens exist than there is to any other theory whether it is 9 11 or the jfk assasination
so for gods sake
if u dont believe aliens exist thats fine, just DONT COME ON A UFO TOPIC AND MAKE A MOCKERY OUT OF IT!

A great post!!

Well they have nothing better to do in thier narrow minded lives apart from argue about anything and everything, if you say its black they will say its white etc etc.

They always come out with the comment about having an opinion which is correct but its always a full on ridicule not an open minded opinion about UFOs.

Also they just can not understand or in many cases are scared about the subject because it does not fit into thier boreing box of a life.

I think most off them were bullied at school and thats the only way they can make some kind of revenge by pissing people off.

I have met and seen a skeptic in full swing he was with six others including myself, we had what you would call a very close encounter while camping.

It came over the top of us at a very low alltitude with a glaring brightness to the point of going blind with amazing flashing colours of every kind. We were just awe struck and speachless.

Cut a long story short our skeptic friend bolted back into his tent and would not come out until the next morning and he was still shaken and just kept on about and argueing the fact that it was a chopper on monuvers and the military should not fly so low and scare people??? LOL

Anyway I have said my piece.

Star and Flagged

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
I think most off them were bullied at school and thats the only way they can make some kind of revenge by pissing people off.

What?!

My mother was a mountain lion and my father was a grizzly bear. I stand 6'8" and weight 250 lbs. I was captain of my high school water polo team and graduated Magna Cum Laude. I have three PhD's. I'm Vice President of a major corporation!

I don't need revenge. I eat you alien huggers for breakfast!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

What?!

My mother was a mountain lion and my father was a grizzly bear. I stand 6'8" and weight 250 lbs. I was captain of my high school water polo team and graduated Magna Cum Laude. I have three PhD's. I'm Vice President of a major corporation!

I don't need revenge. I eat you alien huggers for breakfast!

I love your sence of humour

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by elibubbles

if i knew something to be a truth, then i wouldn't care what others thought of it. Sounds to me that you're not as certain as you claim to be.

This site tends to be about cross examination more than anything else. If everything was not scrutinized, this site would turn into a potpourri of static drivel.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I love your sence of humour

You think I'm kidding?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
"why the hell are skeptics allowed to post here"
The same reason bizarre conspiracy theorists are allowed to.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

We're not coming to mock a topic, we're coming to mock the idiots who throw out all basic reason and logic because they desperately want something they believe in to be true. Aliens, time travelers, it's all good, but just because it sounds like a good idea, that don't mean it's true.

We like people who say, "I don't know." Not, "I'm convinced, so don't harsh my buzz with the truth!"

believe me i dont follow the ufo phenomenon because it `sounds like a good idea`
i am 100% convinced it is true
this is a person who is NOT into sci fi movie or star trek never have never will so you cant accuse me of `having a big imagination`
ill only state things i am 100 per cent convinced on
and after putting 2 and 2 together it is obvious there are aliens who have visited/are visiting earth

Therein lies the problem my friend. You are putting 2 and 2 together and not getting 4. No one is, no one has all the facts. And what is a skeptic exactly anyway? for example

Do I believe in UFO's? yes, i have seen them
Do i believe in Aliens? probably, leaning towards a yes
Do i believe in abductions? undecided, leaning towards no
Do i beileve people are channeling messages from aliens? 100% no
DO i believe in roswell? undecided, leaning towards no
Do i believe in government contact with EBE's? undeceded, leaning towards yes

Now, am i a skeptic or not

This site is a haven for people to express their thoughts and ideas and what you add up to 4,they might add up to 5. No one person has all the information and certainly no one has 100% "proof" . I read a lot of very very good posts and a lot of what i consider to be complete nonsense, but i for one am not arrogant enough (not a pop at you btw) to believe i know for sure whats going on. Hell, all the nonsense could be right, i could be a million miles out in my perception of the truth.

Enjoy ATS, read what people have to say, believe what you choose to believe, ignore what you choose to ignore but always welcome other viewpoints and opinions, its what makes the world a saner place to live in

And if all else fails and you feel like smashing your PC to bits, walk away for an hour, open a beer and chill

[edit on 12-9-2008 by expatwhite]

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join