It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why the hell are skeptics allowed to post here

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
This site is not where serious believers and experiencers go. ATS tends to ban threads by real believers and lets skeptics post whatever they like and see nothing wrong in it.

There was one point in the last few weeks that I had 4 posts deleted in a row. BUT if I was a skeptic or an ignoramous (assuming they are different) then I could post whatever the heck i wanted. Makes me laugh.

I struggled through a thread about Reptilians altering the dreamscape untill all i was doing was telling people who didn't believe in aliens to find another thread. It was SOUL DESTROYING IDIOCY.

This site IS NOT WHERE TO GO. It will destroy you trying to get the skeptics off your back so you can make a point or have an enlightened discussion.

If of course, you don't want to take anything seriously but treat it all as a funny game as one poster here reccommends, then you will never be censured. Then you will have carte blanche to say or do or disrail whatever you like. Basically this is like black ops play ground and they have the man power and the money and the the unspoken permission of the powers that be on this site to do whatever they like.

Read quickly before this post gets banned or deleted.
Watch and learn.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
In fact, I have NEVER SEEN a disrailer or a skeptic post banned yet! Yeah ya gotta laugh.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
UNTILL ATS learn to look after their own, it will always be so.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I feel for ya buddy. I KNOW what its like. AND they aren't about to change things due to the fact they thinik ignorant comments are worthy and pertinent and are protected. Never mind the poster who is being demolished in the process to the point they will never post another thread of worth and educate the masses on their experiences. Nope! The ignorant are defended as having rights! Not you, not me, but the ignorant.
Sure makes ya laugh this board.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by spaceweaver]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Now go back and see all the people who thought it was soooo important that the skeptics voices are heard. Take a note of it. Write it down, get their profiles.
Then go back and see anyone who defended your right to be heard without all the BS. Anyone? Nope? Now you get the true picture of ATS.

Will people like you ever go to the trouble of ever posting again? There is your answer.

WHO ARE THEY DEFENDING? Yes you got it, derailers and disinformation jerks who work for your own government.
Gosh it IS funny after all

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
welll........

I am not a sceptic, nor am I a paid shill....

(I wish I knew how to apply to BE a paid shill. !!!! )

I can write, pretty well....I am learning a lot about formatting on computer screens ( I use the BACKSPACE and DEL, keys a lot...)

So, either I am the most incredib;y intelligent (yeah, right!) Government agent, or I am just a guy with a lot of knowledge, who has too much time on his hands....

Seriously, how many Gov't people even know how to spell??

Wouldn't a 'shill' try to misspell words, to 'fit in'????

Doesn't matter what any of YOU think of ME! I just saw this thread, and thought I'd contribute. Take it, or leave it, no problem!

Feel free to pull up my posts....I've been good, and bad....just your normal learning curve.

Going on Holiday, 9 July to about 21 July. A cruise, sailing from Copenhagen (anyone with ideas, feel free to U2U!) Ending in Stockholm.

All air arrangements have been made, Biz class on BA....

Shamelessly solicitiing tourist advice....how horrid of me!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Good Day All.

This one seems to have gone on for an unusual time considering the subject matter and I am surprised that no one thus far has bothered to demonstrate how the more sceptical of our members fit within the community (though in all honesty it probably deserves its own thread).

The thing to bear in mind is that there can be more than one kind of 'debunk' and not all 'sceptics' fit within the same mould.

Not every sceptic is out to rabidly attack every piece of witness testimony.

A lot, if not most of the sceptical participants here are providing the filter necessary to prevent the liars and deceivers form gaining a foothold and destroying the credibility of ALL ufo related experience.

Hoaxers are the bane of ufology's existence and represent a deliberate attempt to destroy, mislead, and undermine the verifiability of the real underlying phenomena and you can be sure that they are not caught by people simply accepting their claims at face value.

For your reference, a handy list of the sceptics in action:

*HOAX* Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - *HOAX*, page 1

*HOAX* Isaac CARET - Drones *HOAX*, page 1

*HOAX* 'ET' False Flag Operation to Begin in August *HOAX*, page 1

*HOAX* How Deep Does the Rabbit Hole GO===> Part 1*HOAX*, page 1

*HOAX* I am who I am, we are your space brothers *HOAX*, page 1

*HOAX* Michael Horns Billy Meier photos*HOAX* from C2C tonight, page 1

*HOAX* My UFO footage will be on FOX news! *HOAX*

*HOAX* Found New Video- large Space Objects-F.A.S.T. *HOAX* , page 1

*HOAX* UFO Video No one will Host..??*HOAX*, page 1

Second "O'Hare UFO IMAGE"? -- UPDATE: HOAX CONFIRMED

*HOAX* Hi I'm David Wilcock*HOAX*, page 3

*HOAX* EBE "Alien" - Levitating Plasma Ball *HOAX*, page 1

Typing this as I die (HOAX)

Please Note:

This list should not be construed as an invitation. Please don't post in these threads unless you have a genuine reason.

These Guy's were caught fair and square and we don't want liars cluttering the front page. These Guys obstruct you - the believers, investigators and experiencers from sharing and investigating the truth.

Cheers.

Absence.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Fairly often I wonder why believers are allowed to post. Not because I don't believe anything, but because they seem to bleieve everything (to go along with the general profiling that seems to be going on here).
Many of us havn't experienced the things they have, and they are asking us to believe their occasionaly poorly written accounts based on their words. If we challenge them, how many threads end with insults and flames from the OP, which is generally why they get banned.
I've seen many skeptics or sceptics or sceptiks or however you want to spell it, though not as many as believers I'll admit.

Me? I used to be a believer. Then I started reading more, and took a minute to look around. Shook my head, whent to another table, and generally try to forget about my embarassing behaviour.
I've never understood, for instance this fixation on disinfo agents. Anyone who disagrees with you is a shill or agent. Seriously? Jeeze, wish life really was that easy.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Almost forgot to add:
But it takes all kinds, here on ATS, and out in the real world to find the truth and make the world a little different. Differences ar ewhy we will never have real peace, but it's also why we have beautiful and unique muci, paintings, art, pople, lives and days.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
OK, I think I understand your concern that extradimensional beings have us under siege.

However I see enough problems in the world around me which are better defined, and require address, those too are beyond my personal control. This issue is questionable. If it received any prioritization it would be the bottom of the list.

What would you like me to do about this alien invasion? I have not seen any alien invaders.

If I do see any, I will be sure to demonstrate the utmost resistance to any negative agenda they promote.

Is there anything more you want us to do?

Just be ready to protect these nay sayers from the impending threat. Stay sober and vigelant. The hour is coming and you will know it by the signs. I will keep you posted.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I realize several people have posted a variation on this, but here goes.

Skeptics are a wonderful thing. I repeat: Skeptics are a wonderful thing.

If not for skepticism, if I were to decide that a rabbit in my yard were really a god, and I told my neighbors about it, if not for skepticism, I would have a yard full of the faithful, worshiping a rabbit.

With skeptics, I'll be reminded that it's just a rabbit.

Keep in mind, though, that name-calling and destructive language are not healthy skepticism. Healthy skepticism would be asking, say, for proof that HAARP is anything other than an auroral research facility, or an excellent example would be special effects people ripping apart video footage of UFOs.

Personally, the reason I like ATS is that people don't willingly accept what they're told on face value; they seem to want some meat to go with it. That's how I am, and appreciate the same level from others.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Absence of Self

Agreed, I feel that the very credibilty of this sight is the only way it can stay a viable news source for things not reported or expounded on in the regular mainstream. Everyone should have the opertunity to know the truth behind the Alien Grey plots.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by ConstantlyWondering]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I've been called a skeptic a few times on here, but I'm polite and don't say stuff like "well I'm just not convinced". What gets to me are people who post things that are opinions and get riled up when people question them about it.

People make posts and threads that are opinions and get rilled up when people disagree. If you don't have proof, don't get ticked when someone calls your ideas bull.

I believe in a lot of the topics here, but if there's an outrageous claim I can't help but call for evidence. If ANY is given, I'll leave it be, but the majority of the time the person just gets mad and calls me a skeptic.

And why have skeptics? They remind us that no matter what we are responsible to logic and reason.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by avingard

avingard....you make a good point.

I've been accused of being....A) a sceptic or B) a disinfo agent...

Well....from what I've read on ATS, I'd rather be a disinfo agent, since they at least get paid.

Alas....I am A) a sceptic....unpaid. No real axe to grind, exept when I see a completely irregular 'truth' being spouted on ATS....

My scepticism, though....is directed at stuff that is against established science.

If it involves UFOs and Aliens.....I am still open....because I am fascinated by the subject.

My regular focus, of distain, is the 'chemtrail' myth... THAT is something that needs two firm feet planted!!! My other personal 'grail' is the alleged 'Moon Hoax'.....another red herring, needs to be stomped out!!!!

Open to opinions/suggestions!!!

Thanks!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
"why the hell are skeptics allowed to post here "
For the same reason you are allowed to post here...think about it.

Without skeptics this board would be a mass of "Yea" sayers, how boring it would be.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Lyrian

what is a 'skeptic'????

The Phoenix Mars Lander just successfully 'landed' yesterday....it is looking for frozen water, on Mars (among other things)

If I, or others, are to be labeled 'skeptics'....then say why!!

If actual, hard science scares you...then be 'man' about it, and admit it....say 'I am afraid of real science'!

I just deleted three !!!s.....before I hit the "Post Reply" button.

Know why?? Because it is important for people to learn....I have taught many to fly, but they still had to do work, on their own....I couldn't be there the whole time!

They had to learn....(it's called "ground school") so my teaching in the airplane made sense!!!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The OP makes sense.

There should be a folder for UFO discussion and one for UFO debate.

Some people want to discuss Ufology in the context that these things exist and they want to discuss answeres for these things. They don't want to debate with a skeptic about wether UFO's exist.

People who accept ufology can debate the issue without the dogmatic skepticism. I have seen plenty debates between people who accept ufology but they are skeptical of certain ideas within ufology.

You can then have a folder where people debate over every picture and video on wether UFO's exist or not.

My advice, start another folder on ATS for UFO discussion and leave another folder open for U.F.O. debate.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by elibubbles
i joined this website the other day
my second post was a long topic about ufos aliens which took me an hour to write
i had no replies except one person making a mockery out of it
whenever there is a thread on ufos theres always people making fun of it
sorry but if you dont like matters of which people are based of their opinions, keep it to yourself
there is way more proof that aliens exist than there is to any other theory whether it is 9 11 or the jfk assasination
so for gods sake
if u dont believe aliens exist thats fine, just DONT COME ON A UFO TOPIC AND MAKE A MOCKERY OUT OF IT!

if you've read this site at any length, you'd have noticed that what makes this site have any shred of respectability is that people ARE highly critical of what is presented, especially from new posters, since lets face it, we all know the number of crackpots, misguided fools, and general rablerousers that exist out there, and especially on the net.

So, generally, if you're going to bring it on, best bring it all, or you'r ejust another crackpot in all likelihood.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join