It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why the hell are skeptics allowed to post here

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
One aggressively uncritical UFO proponent is more damaging to the topic than a thousand skeptics. It's perfectly okay to have your beliefs. If you understand that a belief is something you accept as true without proof (not to be confused with suggestive evidence). Just acknowledge that they are beliefs. I got no problem with that.

But if you present your beliefs as fact, believe that you actually have a superior position in the argument because of it, and get insulted when other people refuse to see it that way, then you're just an annoying foolish idiot, and you deserve any amount of ridicule and scorn and mockery that can be heaped upon you.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
There's different types of skeptics.

You have the one that won't believe anything no matter what. An alien craft could land in their yard, come out and be standing right in front of them and they still wouldn't believe it. Their mind is closed to anything else other than what they are told to believe. A good portion of the skeptics on here fall into that category IMO. They'll go right into attacking the person directly. They'll do it in a way that in won't break the T&C, but it's still an obvious attack. I would hate to be a moderator on this site because of this. You'd see an obvious attack, but it wasn't posted in a way that breaks the T&C so you can't really do anything except to say "stay on topic" and the person would get away with it to go and do it again and again. They do it that way because they know it'll anger that person and anyone who shares that persons opinions and keep the arguments going so it takes the thread off-topic constantly. Think of the ones who constantly attack John Lear or Richard C. Hoagland. I'm not defending either of them, but they get direct personal attacks more than their actual theories do. IMHO most of these skeptics do this out of pure entertainment for themselves. Everything they believe is right and anyone who doesn't agree is wrong and will be attacked. They always show up in threads in groups. They never admit when they're wrong either. They're always right no matter what and most of the time they have nothing to back up what they say themselves. Say aliens did reveal themselves to us one day. These will be the people who will be going around saying it's all just a mass hallucination because they just can't admit they're wrong. I'll never respect this type of skeptic.

Then you have the ones who have an open mind. They'll actually read what the person has to say and actually give it some thought and research it instead of going right into attacking the person or what that person believes in. They have no problem in admitting they may be wrong about something. These are the people I have respect for.

My two cents worth. Don't let the die-hard skeptics, who can't post without attacking others, get to you. They can drive me nuts, but I won't let that stop me from what I believe in or what I post on here.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by nightmare_david]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I will say that, these kind of reply that you´ve recieved, makes more accurate that somebody is trying to hide what cant be hide anymore.

Keep going.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Skeptics are allowed to post here at ATS in order to level the playing field. For example, my post replies are mostly opinionated and unsubstantiated. And, well, some people are ticked off by the fact they don’t always have proof from the ‘other side of the fence’ and by me. It’s mostly for me to know and for them to find out. You will notice these sorts of people are never satisfied with one-sided theory or nonsense and sometimes they get all riled up for nothing.

This is fine by me because this shows how people are using their logic for once and not always believing on each and every nit-picking detail ‘put out there’ for public scrutiny. Disagreements are part of the normal ‘discussions’ and some are taken personally during some of the most heated debates. There are some ‘professional’ whose expertise sometimes get the upper hand of those who think outside the box of mainstream science, for example.

If you believe me, fine. If you don’t believe me, fine. Either way, we’re all here to learn how to make some fun out of nonsense. Oh and just so you know, some of the most sensitive members are found in the religious and political threads.

And for the skeptics out there, y’all never find the truth! Never! Hahaha! (See, I made myself, LOL).

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Another thing to think about is sometimes listening to both sides of things may give you a different outlook on the subject. sometimes we are blind by our beliefs and it takes and outside view to bring it into perspective. I myself like to play devils advocate, i may believe in something but will try to question it to find other answers that i may not be seeing due to my strong beliefs. So your question of why are sceptics allowed to post here, thank god they do. We may not all agree on things but atleast we get to see and hear both sides. Because without balance, you would truly be blinded from the truth.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Opinions.

A simple word, but in this case, an important one.

You have your own, and everyone else has theirs.

The skeptics have every right to post here just the same as you do, like it or not.

Say what you have to say, listen to what you hear, and take whatever you can get from it. You'll learn a lot more from doing that than you will ever learn in any class room.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I agree--dull rock without dissent. What is the point of having an opinion or thought if we all are uniform, the same? I like' words on a page man-words on a page' (read the other day on UTUBE).

If you cannot handle human reactions,; how can you handle having your religion or science smashed to bits by an alien race? Would you just commit suicide? Wouldn't we all be 'sheeple' if we fell right in line?

It takes black to know white, lies to know truth, pain to know pleasure...I BELIEVE IN DIACOTOMY! Other wise we would be just as guilty as the citizens of Nazi Germany who blindly followed Hitler without question (or Republicans who blindly follow a Satanic profiteering warmonger like Bush).

Basic Timothy Leary--'Think for yourself, question authority. For eons the political, religious,moral authorities have INFORMED us of THEIR version of reality.' Forming false constructs...the truth should make one uncomfortable and vulnerable.

People with free will and malacious, hurtful. Herds react as one to a coyote on the fringe-years ago you would have been the coyote. Now you are the lamb being led to slaughter by the very government the Supreme Court put in place...offered up to the Greys on a silver platter. I for one don't believe they are here to save us in the long run--despite the fact htat I have seen craft from other worlds, dimensions, or whereever they some from.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
My I please humbly suggest that we take this marvelous opportunity to turn this discussion to a positive direction.

Some Positive things which can be done to imporove threads in general:

Stick to fact statements and avoid opinion.

Expect to be challenged.

When challenged rise to the occasion and respond with the most convincing presentation possible. Note that I did not say argument.

Site sources whenever possible, and if the point is not of a particularly factual nature, site supporting evidence and authorities.

Always endeavor to outclass your commentators.

There is no greater complement than being outclassed if you follow the above suggestions. It means that someone with superior insight or ability considered your effort worthy of their participation. Understand this and be flattered, not insulted.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Does anyone here know the difference between Parananoia and Someones out to get You? I DO

If your paranoid, or someone's out to get you, stay off public forums that discuss idea's that may get a government agency tracking you.

If your Idea is not a threat to National Security,no biggie.If you want to discuss ways to hurt someone,we ALL want to find you.
Other then that.........

Let Freedom Ring

ATS allows BOTH side of a story......

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
This will appear (at first) to be off-topic, but it really isn't.

Did you know that it took YEARS before people actually believed the Wright Brothers flew? At that time, everyone said that heavier than air flight was impossible. In fact, a SCIENTIFIC paper, peer reviewed no less, "proved" that heavier than air flight was impossible.

When the skeptics said "show us", the Wright Brothers would get in their plane, and fly it. Do you know what the skeptics said to that? "It's a magic trick", or "it's some kind of hoax"".

There's a fine line between skepticism and cognitive dissonance.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Wow how ironic...
You started this thread, with this topic,

yet you have a thread calling thsoe that believe in 911 conspiracy morons!

I call hypocrite here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24-5-2008 by Tenebrous]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Ok, now that you have listened to the evidence, are you still going to deny the real issues? Why do you want to down play the real threat against Earthiers?

We have to mobilize in numbers and arm ourselves for the final conflict. We have to be ready to defend ourselves because no one else will. Stand up and be counted before it is to late.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by ConstantlyWondering]

[edit on 24-5-2008 by ConstantlyWondering]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXMakaXx
reply to post by ConstantlyWondering

[Snip] Is earthiers even a word?I'm not fighting for nor against anybody hence why i no longer have a government job.I didn't leave any important facts out of my post but the Grey's aren't the ones you should be worried about.This is not our planet and why should they leave?

Typical ignorant human....kill everything you can't explain or that might be different than you.

Mod Edit: Entire quote of preceding post removed. Reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. insult removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 2) Behaviour. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 23/5/08 by JAK]

If we could get by without the cheap insults I think we can learn something today. You see, I have presented the evidence the proves what I believe. If you don't believe this threat is real than you need to prove that it isn't. Otherwise your words mean nothing.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think its important that everyone can air their view, this way evidence can be scrutinised more thoroughly.

Mind you blatant ridiculers who just want to wind people up, or agents who are bound to be in here trying to divert attention from the real matters should be warned imo.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering
Ok, now that you have listened to the evidence, are you still going to deny the real issues?

How is that video evidence?

It's just rantings from an unknown caller.

Perhaps you should refine your definition of evidence?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Opinions.

A simple word, but in this case, an important one.

You have your own, and everyone else has theirs.

The skeptics have every right to post here just the same as you do, like it or not.

Say what you have to say, listen to what you hear, and take whatever you can get from it. You'll learn a lot more from doing that than you will ever learn in any class room.

I agree so much with you!! Really!!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ConstantlyWondering

You're kidding right?

You aren't seriously asking us to take this anonymous rant as anything more than an anonymous rant by someone who probably needs to take their meds are you? You aren't really basing your own future actions on this are you?

Seriously, this is exactly why the charlatans, hoaxers and con men are getting by and in some cases actually making hay.

PLEASE get some critical thinking skills and bone up on what genuine research is, this is just embarrassing.

Springer...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I am up to debating on whether this is a real threat or not. Everybody heard the footage from the radio show and Art Bell being cutoff mysteriously in the middle of the whole thing. The Aliens are up to know good and we have to consider action. Many of our own members on this site feel as I do.

Peace

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
OK, I think I understand your concern that extradimensional beings have us under siege.

However I see enough problems in the world around me which are better defined, and require address, those too are beyond my personal control. This issue is questionable. If it received any prioritization it would be the bottom of the list.

What would you like me to do about this alien invasion? I have not seen any alien invaders.

If I do see any, I will be sure to demonstrate the utmost resistance to any negative agenda they promote.

Is there anything more you want us to do?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join