It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why the hell are skeptics allowed to post here

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXMakaXx

The Grey's aren't the enemies.There are two sides to every species.Try not to be so paranoid.Not everything non-human is out to get you.

Why would you take sides against your fellow earthiers? Who are you really fighting for? We can't ignore the important facts you have left out of your post. The bottom line is All Alien Greys must be dealt with. They won't leave our planet without a fight. If you choose not to fight then step aside and let the true patriots take a stand and defend your rights for you.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ConstantlyWondering

[Snip] Is earthiers even a word?I'm not fighting for nor against anybody hence why i no longer have a government job.I didn't leave any important facts out of my post but the Grey's aren't the ones you should be worried about.This is not our planet and why should they leave?

Typical ignorant human....kill everything you can't explain or that might be different than you.

Mod Edit: Entire quote of preceding post removed. Reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. insult removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 2) Behaviour. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 23/5/08 by JAK]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

So, skeptics aren't allowed to be part of the UFO community? I'm a skeptic, and yet i consider myself as much a member of this community as any 'believer'. As i said earlier, one would not exist without the other. An extremist element of either can only be a bad thing, and luckily there aren't many extremist debunkers or believers that make it far on ATS without the banhammer striking.

The way i see it, the UFO community IS A BALANCE of skeptics and believers. When one side begins to grow larger than the other, it is when there is a problem.

I personally think there is a good balance here on ATS. There are many fair skeptics that don't simply shout 'cgi fake', but back any claims they make up with evidence. Internos is a prime example. His hard work at debunking many a hoax and investigating far beyond the call has earned him his own forum.

There are many more out there like him too.

What I'm trying to say is that for the UFO community to distance themselves from their skeptical ALLIES would be a disaster. It is a symbiotic relationship. The believers need the skeptics to keep them believing in true unidentified sightings and not hoaxes or misidentifications, and the skeptics need the believers to keep the influx of reports and evidence coming so they can do their job.

I'll stop ranting now but I hope it makes the issue a bit clearer (from where i stand anyway)

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The OP is missing the point of this site. This is a fantasy, role playing site. Its like standing in the checkout counter at the grocery store looking at the Weekly World News. I browse here occasionally because the posts are always amusing.

Chill out and accept this site for what it is. For entertainment purposes only.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Looks like somebody had the wrong idea of what ATS is about.

This isn't a place where tons of people who think alike gather to discuss things. This is a place where tons of people who like to discuss things get together to find the truth.

And no offense to you or whatever topic you started, but around here, seasoned members have seen it all. So unless your topic is breaking news or completely off the wall, we have probably heard it before and picked it apart.

Don't be discouraged though.

We're still a family around here.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirtonwater
The OP is missing the point of this site. This is a fantasy, role playing site. Its like standing in the checkout counter at the grocery store looking at the Weekly World News. I browse here occasionally because the posts are always amusing.

Chill out and accept this site for what it is. For entertainment purposes only.

after joining this site last year because i was after UFO info and i kept seeing "ATS " here and there, now I'm starting to believe Dirtonwater on the above
quote, i feel ATS is nothing but a debunker's site for the purpose of entertainment.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
First off, people might like your posts more if you use grammar and punctuation. I don't enjoy reading posts that look like a Haiku.

Second, if you think the skeptics here are overly critical, check out the JREF boards. Posting about the paranormal over there is sort of like walking into a dark, dark room where a dozen people are waiting in a circle, stone in hand held high, just waiting for a sucker to pass through. I seriously don't know why those boards even exist, except for smart people to feel smarter by trolling and flaming with big words.

Anyhow, be happy that people are willing to criticize here. There are lots of people who are at least willing to give you the benefit of the doubt as long as your posts can stand up to some basic filtering and debunking.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
One of thr greastest pleasures of ATS is its members ability to take an idea and extract ANY conclusion they want.
Nothing is more fun then then reading an "idea,concept,proof" of a topic,following the writers direction he's going,and being swayed by his writing.
THEN have NEW writers come in and COMPLETLEY change my mind.
Point counter point.
Superb.
Free speech is a good idea.
Facts are good.
Science fiction is good.
ATS lets us draw our own conclusions.
Aint that Good?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
well you see, you can tell the true skeptics (need more information) from the Govt Shills ... easily enough, you see the GOVT BLOCKS YOUTUBE so, when you read I cant get YouTube at work... ha ha ha ... now you know.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Because we need them around belive it or not.Im a beliver but sometimes we belivers can get so carried away.The only problem I have with some of them is the nasty way that "some" put their views forth.You can be skeptical with out putting others down or calling others wackos or crazies.I know im a skeptic about somethings,but I respect the views of others.A true skeptic will keep an open the same goes for us belivers.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Why are you coming to the Aliens & UFOs forum complaining about you being mocked and ridiculed, when you are calling people in the 9/11 Conspiracies forum morons?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe you should start with yourself and your attitude, before you start complaining about others.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
oh, you poor thing.....

Here's lets take a look at one of your first, two posts on ATS.....(this one was in the 9/11 forums).

it starts off like this;

"There was no conspiracy by human beings!

for gods sake, this has been going on for 8 years
you morons find everything to be a conspiracy"

Pleasent language there. I hope you also got your first ATS warning with that as well.

To say theres more evidence in ET's and ufo's then there is in a JFK conspiracy, or a 9/11 conspiracy is reaching. Because for one, we know at least there was a man named JFK, that was assasniated, and two, there was that whole 9/11 disaster. That right there is more concrete evidence than the whole of the "Alien and UFO" field has.

First you need to prove Aliens/UFO's even exist, before I'm buying any "conspiracy theories" that they are coming to earth, or abducting people,mutilating cattle, stealing babies, makeing babies , or makeing secret pacts with the government.

by the way,

Welcome to my ignore list.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Nola213]

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Nola213]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 888LetsRoll
well you see, you can tell the true skeptics (need more information) from the Govt Shills ... easily enough, you see the GOVT BLOCKS YOUTUBE so, when you read I cant get YouTube at work... ha ha ha ... now you know.

ha ha ha....that's kind of ridiculous. Many school districts block YouTube...just like the one that employs me. In fact, many private businesses block the site. I'm trying to picture the elementary teachers here as "Govt Shills" and not having much luck.

I like that...if YouTube is blocked where you work, you're a Govt Shill.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by MrPenny]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
ATS needs skeptics. I happen to be one. I dont believe everything I read about UFOs or see on You Tube. I do however believe about %5 of it. That makes me a skeptic.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

why the hell are skeptics allowed to post here

Because every member is allowed to post their opinion, as long as they remain within the guidelines of the terms and conditions, and this particular forum.

If claiming to be an abductee....you'll certainly need to get used to those doubting your claims.

I've had a very vivid UFO experience myself as a child, and I've tried to become quite knowledgeable on the subject, but still, though open to it, I try to approach each case from a skeptical point of view. It helps find the truly remarkable cases from amongst the numerous hoaxes, etc.

I'm going to change a Carl Sagan quote here... Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. In my opinion, there is no such thing as "proof"...there is only evidence. If one is making an extraordinary claim and offers little to no evidence, then of course, he or she should expect a large degree of doubt to come their way....

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by muriaz
Why are you coming to the Aliens & UFOs forum complaining about you being mocked and ridiculed, when you are calling people in the 9/11 Conspiracies forum morons?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe you should start with yourself and your attitude, before you start complaining about others.

Great catch muriaz! "Hoisted by your own petard" is a phrase one gets to use all too infrequently, but it certainly applies here?

Perhaps we should start a new thread: "why the hell are hypocritical posters who complain about the attitude prevalent in their own posters allowed to post". Bit of a mouthful, though...

Serious point here. There have been conspiracy "masters" appointed to this site in the past who have been extremely savage in their scepticism for certain ideas and theories. This isn't a site on which you should believe everything you read without question.

One of, if not the most rewarding things I have found about this site is the hard work and dedication shown by countless members who research and analyse material every day on this site and offer real illumination to some very dark material. Ask them to stop because they simply argue against your opinion and you more or less ask the site to stop functioning completely.

If your quarrel is with the tone of the sceptical responses - there are terms and conditions that the administrators have put in place to deal with just that. If you have a specific instance in which those terms and conditions have been breached, I suggest you U2U a mod and draw it to their attention. That's what they're there for. I think. Aren't you, mods?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Absolutely!

Though calling others "morons" for their beliefs, and then getting upset when others don't respect yours isn't exactly going to be a strong point in the person's favor...
If terms have been violated though, by all means, a member should utilize the tools of the site to notify mods.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Skeptics have as much right to this forum as the many hoaxers, liars, fantasists and deluded nutters.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Nobody should be deemed a moron for having an opinion and that's pretty much all this is on both sides.There's no evidence by either the believers or debunkers that would absolutely prove either's case.

If you have such thin skin then you most likely came to the wrong place to discuss things of this nature.Keep in mind that nothing can be proven or disproven at this point so the only moron would be the one pointing the finger.

We are here to exchange ideas and theories not fight amongst each other on who's opinion is right or wrong.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yea, there are lots of people wanting to put other people down for their beliefs. without a doubt I have had my share of attacks. It doesnt work for me, I dont know - but I think I look deeper than most folks and turn things up that may escape regular folk. (I know I'm not regular folk) cuz, everybody want to change me... always have ... so redicule away - It makes me stronger.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join