It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why the hell are skeptics allowed to post here

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
i joined this website the other day
my second post was a long topic about ufos aliens which took me an hour to write
i had no replies except one person making a mockery out of it
whenever there is a thread on ufos theres always people making fun of it
sorry but if you dont like matters of which people are based of their opinions, keep it to yourself
there is way more proof that aliens exist than there is to any other theory whether it is 9 11 or the jfk assasination
so for gods sake
if u dont believe aliens exist thats fine, just DONT COME ON A UFO TOPIC AND MAKE A MOCKERY OUT OF IT!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
sorry but i feel so strongly about it
every thread i read about ufos theres skeptics or even people going `oh well im not convinced`
well why not KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!
youve signed up to a taboo website obviously because theres alternative topics that interest you so why contradict yourself by doubting ufos
god i hate some people

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Maybe it is because of something called free speech. Most countries
have a form of it. And it could be because opinions are sort of like
ass h---s. Everyone has one and they have the right to express their
rights on occasion. It is what makes the world go around my friend.
Imagine a world where there is one, and ONLY one, theory or thought
or opinion or belief. It would truly be a dull rock to spin around on, no
matter how much you may disagree with that persons thinking. That's
just my guess as to the answer to your question. How would you like
to be banned because someone doesn't like your ideas?

ZOOMER

+33 more 
posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I believe in aliens, government conspiracies and the paranormal. But, if your post can't stand up to scrutiny and you can't provide a logical defense, your thoughts will end up being picked apart.

If we don't the real stuff will be buried by tons and tons of illogical, impossible useless garbage.

I joined this site because it picked apart the pointless and useless garbage that bogs down ufology, cryptozoology and other paranormal studies.

But don't let it get you down. Instead, use it to find the real weird stuff out there. There's plenty to be found, right here.

Welcome to ATS!!!

+3 more 
posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
All your posts are going to do is tick people off. First, calm down.

Free speech within respectful boundaries is encouraged here. Everybody has an opinion and they're allowed to express it.

If you didn't like how people responded to your thread, maybe you need to do more research or post more references or do something else to improve or support your thread.

Don't take things so personally. We're a pretty neat kind of family here. Take some time to get to know us, and welcome.

Sleuth

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by elibubbles
my second post was a long topic about ufos aliens which took me an hour to write
sorry but if you dont like matters of which people are based of their opinions, keep it to yourself
there is way more proof that aliens exist than there is to any other theory whether it is 9 11 or the jfk assasination
so for gods sake
if u dont believe aliens exist thats fine, just DONT COME ON A UFO TOPIC AND MAKE A MOCKERY OUT OF IT!

Sounds like you might need to take your own advice. Apparently you are all riled up over someone disagreeing with your point of view. You disagree with their opinion, so in your own words you should 'keep it to yourself'.

That kind of attitude will go no where. No discussion, no different view points, no debate, just everyone agreeing with your point of view.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You need balance with everything in life IMHO. Belivers and skeptics keep that balance in check. By having to defend your position against those that question it leads to not only a better understanding of said position, it also allows you to possible win over those on the fence by the strenght of your conviction, the logic of your argument, the evidence you present etc. In effect skeptics allow you to hone your position and be better able to defend it in the future.

Without skeptics it would be a 30 reply thread of 'me too" which is not that interesting in the long run.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Its a free society we live in sorry.You cant have your cake and eat it to.Thats what makes this forum so great and place for debate

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
i know and its just that
this is a really sensitive website
ive only been on here a week
im not a newbie to the ufo community but i never see this kind of bashing or disagreement on other ufo websites
maybe its just because i dont look at the forums
i guess if youve open forums your just opening yourself up to criticism
whereas im used to conferences and interviews
oh well maybe its best i keep it that way to be honest
as anyone can write anything to bash anyone in a thread it means nothing

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

We're not coming to mock a topic, we're coming to mock the idiots who throw out all basic reason and logic because they desperately want something they believe in to be true. Aliens, time travelers, it's all good, but just because it sounds like a good idea, that don't mean it's true.

We like people who say, "I don't know." Not, "I'm convinced, so don't harsh my buzz with the truth!"

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by elibubbles

While the level of debate in the forums is spirited (esp. UFO's and 911) we do have a strict Terms and Conditions that prevent direct attacks on members. So while you do have to bring your "A" game here at ATS, you will find its a far more civil environment for discussing and debating these topics.

Because of this no nonsence approach to analyzing UFO's (Pictures, etc) ATS has become the place to vett claims and images of UFO's. People here are really searching for the truth and the level of experience and expertise amongs the members of ATS is staggering

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Maybe your a skeptic on some level as well.This forum is pretty vast and you cant believe or agree with everything you see posted.You came here to post correct?You then have to remember your inviting attention from those to your thread.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

i know and its just that
this is a really sensitive website
ive only been on here a week
im not a newbie to the ufo community but i never see this kind of bashing or disagreement on other ufo websites
maybe its just because i dont look at the forums
i guess if youve open forums your just opening yourself up to criticism
whereas im used to conferences and interviews
oh well maybe its best i keep it that way to be honest
as anyone can write anything to bash anyone in a thread it means nothing

i dont think anything could be farther from the truth about this site than the post you just made.

im proud to be part of a web site that isnt full of yes men. that just go around agreeing with every thing. we have to be objective if we ever want the truth to come out...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

We're not coming to mock a topic, we're coming to mock the idiots who throw out all basic reason and logic because they desperately want something they believe in to be true. Aliens, time travelers, it's all good, but just because it sounds like a good idea, that don't mean it's true.

We like people who say, "I don't know." Not, "I'm convinced, so don't harsh my buzz with the truth!"

believe me i dont follow the ufo phenomenon because it `sounds like a good idea`
i am 100% convinced it is true
this is a person who is NOT into sci fi movie or star trek never have never will so you cant accuse me of `having a big imagination`
ill only state things i am 100 per cent convinced on
and after putting 2 and 2 together it is obvious there are aliens who have visited/are visiting earth

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The problem with sceptics is that if they can't find fault in the topic itself, they will find faults in the Individual that posted.(Through simple things as spelling to anything in their character they can pick apart)

It's amazing how much inertia a lot of these sceptics have towards wanting the truth, but is mis-directed towards destroying it.

I have been following ATS threads for some time now without an account and I figured I'd like to contribute to the debate.....

My only suggestion to the hard core skeptics is to use logic instead of emotion to help these people bringing forth information find the same answer you yourselves are looking for.

Like it or not... this is only my opinion, and I have no proof to back any of it up; so I don't ask for any retalliation or intend to start an argument with other members. I just don't understand how a few individuals find pleasure in tearing down an individual that is bringing him/her self and their information forward to be discussed.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

and after putting 2 and 2 together it is obvious there are aliens who have visited/are visiting earth

If you're so convinced then why are you upset that people disagree with this?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by airteck

...... Well you're a poop-head.....
(Joking)

You're absolutely right. Too many individuals will attack the poster and not the post. But that is why we have the Mods (Go Fred!!). They're there to referee these things so they don't get out of hand.

Imagine all of them wearing striped shirts bouncing around the virtual ring.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by scowl

If you're so convinced then why are you upset that people disagree with this?

thats irelevant
and misleading away from the point i was getting across
like another poster just said, if people cant find a fault with the post theyll pick out problems with the poster or text
and i dont see the relevance of you attacking what i said to the overall point my thread came across as!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

thats irelevant
and misleading away from the point i was getting across
like another poster just said, if people cant find a fault with the post theyll pick out problems with the poster or text
and i dont see the relevance of you attacking what i said to the overall point my thread came across as!

As I said above, the staff here works very very hard to keep that from happening. If we see that type of ad hominem we work hard to redirect the poster back to the topic at hand. If you feel you are being subjected to an ad hominem type attack, please file a comment/complaint that will cue the staff to take a look at the thread/post in question

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

so for gods sake

Well said...

Please read ABOUT ATS: Warnings for one-line or short responses

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22/5/08 by masqua]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join