It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Saw Indiana Jones...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Wow, that movie SUCKED!!!

If I wanted to watch a children's movie, I would go see Spiderwick.

This movie was such a friggin' disappointment, they should've stopped after 3.

Or maybe, they should've gotten Silvester Stalone to direct make it, since his Rambo 4 kicked butt. What more can I say, 19 years of waiting, and a total letdown.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I don't mind kids movies... just as long as there's no JarJar Binks or equivalent!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

The problem is that they're cheesy, formulaic, and predictable.

I can't just say it sucked because of that though, the whole damn thing sucked. From the special effects to the scenes and background, everything.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It was ok

be better if they went much deeper like the xfiles movie did or so.
i wish they really dug into the story more
it was like

indiana jones meets the xfiles.

great movie great special effects, hate that big mouth over actor kid damn he sucks he has to be someones hollywood kid.

he was great in the movie holes.

i cant wait till hellboy2 just becuase its great

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
That's too bad. Then I'll wait until the video rentals come out for that movie. Predictablity, besides the expensive tickets and buttery popcorns, is a reason why I avoid going to the movies.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Indiana jones 4 lacked the sense of adventure and journey the previous films had. The characters were bland, harrisons humor was completely missing and it felt like a poor attempt to end the series. It honestly felt like they were getting rid of harrison as indiana and replacing him with shia lebeouf...

I was very disappointed with this film, I expected so much more. I still love the first three, they are priceless.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I however thought that the movie was all right. Not the best mind you but pretty decent. I've seen far worse movies ..... like cloverfield. If your expecting perfection then no thi smovie isn't for you. High average.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

WHAT!?!? How can you say that? That was better than all the other movies and all the Star Wars movies put together! I do not see how you can say that! I was in dark corner of my life until i saw this movie!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

You are either a troll or an uneducated individual. I'm guessing both.

there is no way in hell that movie sucked, you must had a lobotomy. i'll have my full review tonite on BTS for everyone to read.

Deny ignorance my friends.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller

You are either a troll or an uneducated individual. I'm guessing both.

there is no way in hell that movie sucked, you must had a lobotomy. i'll have my full review tonite on BTS for everyone to read.

Deny ignorance my friends.

Jedi, are you kidding me?

A troll?

Uneducated?

Because I thought a movie you liked sucked? Who's the uneducated one here now?

Give me a friggin' break. You know Jedi, I like you and your posts, but when you come on here accusing me of being a troll or uneducated, then I draw a serious line.

How stupid and ignorant is it for someone to accuse someone else of these things because they had a differing view than yours?

Anyway, the special effects sucked. It was obvious in certain moments that they were on a set, a cheap one at that. It was predictable. It was formulaic. It was EXTREMELY cheesy. It was poorly written and even the acting sucked.

It was made for a 6-13 age demographic. That's how cheesy this crappy movie was. If you like children/family movies and their cheesy, formulaic construction, with a lot of bad jokes, you'll LOVE this movie.

[edit on 5/25/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Yeah, it was definitely the worst of the Indy movies

Luca$$ has lost his mind

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Definately. I fully agree. It was awful. (we saw it yesterday)

I agree with what they put forth as the plot. (Yes, I know it was just entertainment, but I agree with it). I do agree that we have been/are being visited by 'aliens', and I agree that primitive people here on earth worshipped them (or called them angels/nephilim), and I also agree that transdimensional travel is happening.

However, the movie stank -

1 - BAD acting. Except for 'MUTT', the new kid. Harrison Ford and that poor woman who plays Marion Ravenwood (she's out of practice) .. BAD acting.

2 - That car chase through the jungle .. way too long.

3 - Falling over three big waterfalls - reminded me of Indiana Jones II which STANK beyond belief. I can't believe they went back to that crap.

4 - That fake russian accent on that woman .... UGH!! I wanted to smack her!

5 - I couldn't keep up with the plot line and who was involved.

6 - The big moment of telling Indiana that Mutt was his son ... very disapointing and just a major let down.

7 - I could go on ..and on .. and on ....

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
your not the only one...yes it felt a bit kiddy to me too...only the older women and kids seemed to really love it..also a generation of teen agers who also thought transformers was the best movie ever..who have most likely never seen the original

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I agree, Goerge Lucas owes me $19. This movie sucked beyond description, I can't believe Harrison Ford read this script and said, "Yeah, let's make this crappy movie!"

You know what? Lucas owes me 2 hours and 15 minutes of my life back as well.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

That's what drives me so up the wall about it.

19 years with several scripts turned down, and THIS is the one they decide is the best?

Lucas has lost his talents, and Spielberg is just a disappointment after this one.

I'm just glad I only paid $7 for it, and not $19...sorry to rub it in.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I'm just glad I only paid $7 for it, and not $19...sorry to rub it in.

I treated the fiance since it was my turn to pick (what a moron I am)....but thanks for bringing it up again and further traumatizing me.

Wanna remind me that I wasted 2+ hours of my life too?

I think what's even worse is I know her choice is gonna be Sex and the City and I will have to suffer through that without complaint since she had to endure Indiana Jones IV: The Blatant Money Grab. Damn you George Lucas.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
That movie was an insult to the 3 original movies. No soul, bad acting, cheesy effects, thousand year old riddles being solved without so much as a thought and they get it right the first time every time.

Are we to believe that a few Russian soldiers took out ALL the security at Area 51 so they could take a leisurely stroll through it? The only reason that the whole A51 scene was in the movie was so that Indy had an excuse to swing off something with his whip.

Anyways, thank you George Lucas for tainting the memory of what was a very good character and trilogy by making a terrible movie 19 years later.

top topics

join