It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pair held for planning sabotage at Swedish nuclear plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Pair held for planning sabotage at Swedish nuclear plant

www.energy-daily.com

by Staff Writers
Stockholm (AFP) May 21, 2008
Swedish police Wednesday arrested two contractors for allegedly preparing to sabotage a nuclear power plant, after traces of explosives were found on one of the men, police said.

"Two Swedish men were arrested ... The prosecutor suspects them of sabotage," Sven-Erik Karlsson of the Kalmar county police told AFP.

He said both men were contractors who had been working at the Oskarshamn nuclear plant in southern Sweden "for some time," but said the link between the two remained unclear.

One of the men was arrested and questioned early Wednesday after routine tests at the entrance to the plant detected traces of highly explosive material on the handle of a plastic bag he was carrying.

Karlsson told the TT news agency that the men were born in 1955 and 1962 and that one of them had a criminal record, but did not disclose their identities.

A spokesman for the OKG company that runs the plant, Anders Oesterberg, told AFP the two were welders who had been contracted for work on one of the plant's three reactors, which had been shut down for maintenance.

He said one of them had been working inside the plant for two weeks, and that sniffer dogs would be sent in to search the area they had worked in.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
YIKES!!!

The story goes on to say that the explosives were the same that Richard Ried had... TATP.

Nothing on a motive however or whether they were middle eastern or what.

www.energy-daily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I can't understand why they didn't say they were muslim or not in the article (bet they are) probably something to do with cartoons of messengers of god in newspapers or in news paper or something. Its the damned politicle correctness going on here me tinks

Send them to Git moe!! and will get the info outta the scum!! Damned sucide ass-clowns!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

I am not going to honor that post with a response.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Haven't you read the thread yesterday?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They have been released hours ago, and yes they were as Swedish, blond with blue eyes as only a Swede can be.

IMO, they were just pawns, unwillingly set up in the scare game of this war OF terror. The message has been delivered, be afraid, and this non-event have already fizzled out. Another image of fear has been installed in peoples minds. Mission accomplished.

What MSM 'forgets' to report is SUSPECTS HAS BEEN RELEASED without charges.

But that's how the mechanisms of the war of terror works.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
In the interest of truth an update:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Two men arrested on suspicion of attempting to sabotage a nuclear plant in southern Sweden have been released, police say.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Sadly the more "they" cry wolf in their fear mongering... the more people start ignoring the warning until something serious happens again and even more people are killed.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
There is new information in Hellmutt's thread.

It turns out one of the guys held was born in Croatia, but lived in Sweden since the age of 12. He tells that on his way to work he had stopped at a place where rock blasting had been carried out.

Might explain it all, but it is not information that will be distribuated by MSM, so the suspicion will remain in peoples minds, as the impression will that a real attack was attempted but foiled.

We now know it's a lie, but that's what MSM feeds on, LIES.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The TV4 morning news here in Sweden reported on this the same morning it happend (if I remember correctly) and they said only small trace amounts of TATP had been found and the security routines had been successful (and working as they should).

The incident have caused all new employees to be run through a certain terrorist security check by SÄPO (Säkerhets Polis - Security Police). Sources:
SvD
Aftonbladet
Dagens Nyhter

The man with the TATP traces on him had been sentenced for various crimes starting from 1988 to as late as 2005. Crimes includes Possession of Narcotics, Assault, Theft, Not wearing seatbelt, Gun crime, Wreckless driving and more. Sources:
Aftonbladet
Dagens Nyhter

Statens kärnkraftinspektion (State nuclearpower Investigation) says false alarm is not impossible. "The detection equipment is very sensitively tuned so it could very well give false readouts". Better to be on the safe side I guess. Sources:
SvD
Nyhetskanalen.se
Dagens Nyheter

No traces of explosives found in Reactor 1. Maintenance work being done while it's turned off. Reactor 2 have been searched with the same result and is down for it's annual maintenance. The equipment that detected the TATP is going to be checked by technicians from the supplier General Electric Security. Source:
Dagens Nyheter

Both the 53 and 44 year old released by the police. The suspicions of preparation of sabotage still remains. After several search warrants been carried out the suspicions have not been strenghtend.
Aftonbladet
SvD
Dagens Nyheter

I'm not that good at translating so I hope everything made sense, if not just ask and I'll clarify!

new topics

top topics

join