It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could people from the future be among us?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I dount theres anyone umong us thats from the future. Thoug it may be possible.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
heres a link about that guy that was busted for insider trading who claimed to be a time traveler. if its true that he went from 800 bucks to 350 million in two weeks time then that is, well highly freakish.

tv.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
So....PLATO...tell me your theory of the passion of music and its formation and structure in the universe!!!!

Are you telling me that the pasion of VAN HALEN, and DAVID LEE ROTH WITH EDDY VAN HALEN are now insignificant! AND that the new musical phase of MM are the most important statement in the history of civilized evoultion!!!!

They are all connected !!!! Think about that !!!! the old evoultion theory! You will see the day when RAP and MM are like perry commo....if you can remember that! Time makes your beliefs hopes and dream for a unified world insignificant!

We all start of hoping for unity....but then we realize.....OHHHHHH, I didnt think of that!

The nature of the universe is to make us suffer!!!!! And we are always trying to overcome its sadistic laws!!!!

I think that the universe really likes us to suffer.........So if that is the case which I would think war and conflict would confirm! How do you create our desire for peace when the physical laws of reality want us to KILLL each other!!!?????

How do you bypass the illusion , and abstraction of a GOD that does nothing but create missery?>??????

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Your concept of not possible has been documented in all the BLCK OPERATIONS PROJECTS...WAKE UP......Do you think a government organization asd advanced as the USA will ket you LITTLE people know the real reality. Do yo really believe the B.s YOU ARE FED!

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
IMO, it is possible to travel into the future and stay in the same dimension!

BUT!

when you travel back in time! you wind up in another dimension! and when you return back to the future, you are in another dimension!

personally If I was alone! and had nothing to lose! and had a time machine, i wouldn't give a donut in which dimension i'd wind up! I'd just have fun

But for a typical person there are lot's of things to lose! Family, Friends, Girlfriend, so I don't think many people would actually travel in time! even if they had a chance, cause once you leave you will NEVER return to the same exact place! even though it will be the same time

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I wonder if that feeling of deja vu we all get sometimes is not the space-time continuum re-adjusting from changes made by future visiting people/objects. Sort of like the glitch in "The Matrix". When they made changes, you saw something again that you had just seen. If we agree with well accepted ideas (at least within sci fi) that even subtle changes to past events by future people would lead to the EOLAWKI (ok its end of life as we know it), then this is not possible.

Of course, just because our low tech senses can only process time as linear doesn't mean that they are interpreting it correctly. Temporal oddities we may experience may be normal, but they seem odd because it interferes with our "definition" of time and how it is supposed to behave.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
whoever made this thread has been watching way too much south park
EY TOK R JYOBS!!!!

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
EY TOK R JYOBS!!!!

I know what we can do to protest them! We can all go an .............. , Anyways about time travelers i honestly believe if they were to come back to that same past they would create a new one i always thought. anywho gotta get back to preperations for them time traveling job takers!
EY TOK R JYOBS!!!!

GET EM!

an in reguards to that time traveler who made 350 million "next time make me a swiss bank accout"

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I believe in time travel in the future.

Imagine this you travel back, change something then come back and find yourself dead.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I really do not believe that people from the future are here. The major reason why is pop culture. IF some one from the present were to go back the the 80's (cool as it would be) the differences in how we talk dress and aproach onanother would be very different. they would stick out. not knowing the customs i think would give them away.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by g-man
I really do not believe that people from the future are here. The major reason why is pop culture. IF some one from the present were to go back the the 80's (cool as it would be) the differences in how we talk dress and aproach onanother would be very different. they would stick out. not knowing the customs i think would give them away.

Well, if the person lived back then, I'm sure they would remember it. Or they could research it enough that it could work.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Time travel produces some interesting paradoxes. For instance, I read this little story somewhere...

Imagine a guy invents a time machine. He goes 70 years in the past (just for fun), and ends up meeting this woman. They have a fun night (not THAT fun), but then the guy decides he should leave before things get out of hand (don't want to mess with time too much!). Before leaving, however, he gives this woman a watch that his grandma gave to him. You see where this is going? It turns out that woman was his grandma!

So, the question is: who made the watch? It was never created nor destroyed, and only existed for 70 years.

There are many theories that make this sort of occurance an impossibility, but it still makes you wonder.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spangbr
heres a link about that guy that was busted for insider trading who claimed to be a time traveler. if its true that he went from 800 bucks to 350 million in two weeks time then that is, well highly freakish.

tv.yahoo.com...

That was debunked: www.snopes.com...

It would be amazing if that really had happened though.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
[edit on 31-1-2005 by Nitraveler]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think it is possible.

Although I do not think it would happen using a man-made machine...

Considering the most popular time travel 'method', the so called wormhole,
you should have negative energy on the other side and as far as I know, our planet's laws of physics do not allow that...

But there are quite a lot of unexplainable things in the universe, so what if during one of them, the negative energy is present?

So if there are any people from the future, they got here by accident...

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
there isnt anyone from the future infact if you believe this your a *very great and wonderful person*

Mod Edit: Please refrain from personal attacks.

[edit on 31-5-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by killam
there isnt anyone from the future infact if you believe this your a retard

Sheesh Grow up please. Why don't you back up your opinion with some evidence? And why offend the people who believe this and why called them retarded? I'm sorry, but if you are not going to prove this using any evidence i think that gives you a bit of a handicap youself.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Not so long ago in terms of humanitys history, the Earth was flat and the Sun orbited us.

I tend to believe that in our future we will as a race have machines to travel in time.

In just 100 years, humanity has gone from horse drawn carriage to interstellar travel with satelites. I dont anticipate a technology and scientific advancement cap for us.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omega Pickle
You would not go back to the time ebfore you exist but to another timeline. It may not be the exact past but its damn close.

this is my theory. you wouldn't be a "time" traveller, as much as you would be a "dimensional" traveler.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join