It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gambia Announces War Against Gays

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Gambia Announces War Against Gays

www.pinke.biz

In a shocking and horrific move, the President of Gambia has announced a campaign of exile and genocide against gays in the country.

President Yahya Jammeh, addressing his supporters at a victory rally in Tallinding, Gambia, announced a war on the LGBT community. African news site Afrik .com said the despot had vowed to kill off every gay man in Gambia. He said gay men and women had 24 hours to leave the country or face “serious consequences”. Most ominously he threatened to "cut off the head" of any gay man found in the country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/22/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It is hard to believe that in this day and age that the head of a country would have the gall to say something like this. Apparently he's not worried about pressures that other countries might put on him after he announced this new crusade!

He also stated anybody hiding a homosexual would not be tolerated. He also did include drug dealers, thieves and other criminals. He gave them all 24 hours to leave the country!

There is nothing wrong with a hard line against criminals, but this guy is WAAYYY out of line!

www.pinke.biz
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/22/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I really don't know what to say - no words can express adequately how deranged this man is.
I can't imagine the fear that is in the hearts of the people involved. Where do you go? Where will you be safe?

I hope this will influence immigration courts and refugee boards which have been reticent to recognize this threat to gay men and women in the past.

My wonder is, where does this kind of extreme view come from? Gays are put to death in other Muslim countries, I know, unconscionable, but they do not make a "crusade" out of it. There is something about Africa that seems to harbour and foster this kind of illogical, extreme, nonsensical and down right deranged and evil thinking.

new topics

join