It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte King - An ATS Member Requested Interview - ATS MIX Show 83

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
As most of you are aware, you can come into the GUEST area of the ATS MIX and post anyone of interest that you would like to see Johnny and I interview.

We have had several requests by U2U to interview Charlotte King after we did the interview with Stan Deyo on Earthquakes. This should be a very interesting and informative interview.

Here is Charlotte's site:

Charlotte King's Home Page

We plan on doing this interview in the next several days.... so if you have a question you would like asked, post it here quickly.

Please Star & Flag This For Maximum Exposure

Dave

[edit on 6/5/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hello, and here is a question for charolette...

I am from the reno area (i am on your email list) and the only question I have right now is,

What is making you beleive this activity here (swarms) are magma related? All experts here say it is "absolutly" not, even though, there is no active faults under the swarms, and it is soooo grouped together.. I too beleive it is magma or geothermal, but I am not an expert, just someone who is learning to see the signs in front of me.(thanks to yur site and advice)

thank you again for being interviewed, you are a woman with a lot of knowledge in these unknowing times

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hi Char. Thanks for taking the time to pass on your knowledge to us.

My question is: When will your book be out and what will the title be?

Do you think a double-digit earthquake will happen in our lifetimes?

Kat

[edit on 5/22/08 by kattraxx]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Which parts of North America do you get the most activity in and does it differ from the most common areas? ie. California fault lines would be considered a common area.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Char,

A lot of people here on ATS feel that some earthquakes are not natural. Do you feel this way, and if so, why?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hey Dave,

I have been trying to figure this out myself.

Ask Charlotte if she feels this is land/water/earthquake/volcano or man made?

One member here on a thread of mine mentioned Long Valley Cauldera and it seems Mammoth Lakes with Charlotte is sensitive to is having small quakes and an area by the Cauldera has a section with dead trees from CO2 that came up from the ground at one time. The Geysers are having small quakes also.

What is Charlotte sensing?

I think there are a few connections here from southern Cal. to Reno and so forth.

edit to add: Dave get this thing moving because the Frogs in Bakerfield might be telling us they only have a week

[edit on 22-5-2008 by observe50]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
How do you feel about the super volcano under yellowstone national park? Are you hearing anything there? I seriously hope not.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Hey Charlotte. I'm glad that you decided to come to our humble abode to have a chat with Dave and Johnny.

I've been following these groups of earthquakes over the course of the past year, and have noticed that there seems to be a progression from the Indonesian quake. My question to you is: Is there any truth to the idea that one massive earthquake can cause other earthquakes all around a tectonic plate? And if so, when do you perceive the progression to reach the North-American continent?

Thank you again for taking the time to come and entertain us.

TheBorg
Forum Moderator - Local Kook

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Charlotte, I know there is a lot of concern and talk in the general media about "the big one" in California, somewhere within the Sand Andreas Fault system. While it will be bad when it happens, I'm more concerned about the (undersea) Cascadia Fault boundary along the Juan de Fuca plate where it meets the North America plate. Part of this boundary is "stuck" and has not moved much since the last major quake there on Jan 26, 1700 -- which was a magnitude 9.

Sooner or later this fault will have another major movement, and if past indicators are any guide it could be on a scale of previous ones and produce very large tsunami. This could be destructive for nearby coastlines.

So much for the intro...My question is, do you perceive anything in the foreseeable future in respect of the Cascadia fault? I appreciate that you cannot directly sense specific seismic events months or years before they happen, but I would like be glad for your perspective on this.

Many thanks,

Mike

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Char, is there a minimum magnitude an EQ has to be for you to get precursor symptoms?

And when you do get precursor symptoms, can you get a general idea of the magnitude; if so, how?

Thanks

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Just a correction: in my previous post, I wrote "Sand Andreas". Of course, this should read "San Andreas". I apologize for the error, which was just a typo -- but perhaps for some members who are not so familiar with this region, it could have been a bit confusing.

Thank you,

Mike

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Hi Charlotte, I'm in Chicago as you know we had an earthquake in this area a few weeks back. I've been seeing that there some unusual things happening lately, Quakes in my area, tornadoes in California, fires in Florida etc.

As well as unusual animal behaviour birds singing in the middle of the night, flying very low, animals showing up outside of thier natural habitat (we had a cougar up here recently), family pets becoming extremely, needy, vocal , fearful,restless, etc. If that was really you posting anonymously on the animal behaviour thread you know what i'm talking about.

I'd like to know if you think that all these things combined may mean that we're due for something catastrophic ie a major earthquake, or the volcano in yellowstone ?

I hope this wasn't too long.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You have mentioned that you sometimes feel "a pervasive sense of sadness" that's not related to your own life... I get these too. What does it mean?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Hi.

Did you have any strange feelings before the earthquake hit China?
What was your reaction after it happened?

top topics

join