It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I Am Legend' star Will establishes own school for his kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

'I Am Legend' star Will establishes own school for his kids

uk.news.yahoo.com

Unable to find an appropriate school to educate his two young children Will Smith decided to take matters into his own hands.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well its his own right to do so, but he will be frowned upon

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Positive and negatives with this.

Positive, the kids wont be brainwashed by all the crazy stuff kids spread around.

Negative, what about their social life, friends etc?

[edit on 22-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I understand that public education is breaking down all over "first" world, but there must be a lot of private schools in US. And not a single one suitable??? Not that sure that it is wise step.
Anyway, i think that he entitled to make such a decision - his kids, his money,his idea.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
How will it be frowned upon? You said it was his natural right to do so what what business is it of other people? None.

The biggest problem with celebrities is the media... they document every single move they make and broadcast it for the world to see.

People wonder why celebs are so messed up??... maybe the fact that they aren't able to take a crap without cameras on their ass.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by orby1976

may i ask whats your take on this?
what do you think, insted of just 1 line

edit:

i retract the rest of what i said on the subject

[edit on 22-5-2008 by bodrul]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
How will it be frowned upon? You said it was his natural right to do so what what business is it of other people? None.

The biggest problem with celebrities is the media... they document every single move they make and broadcast it for the world to see.

People wonder why celebs are so messed up??... maybe the fact that they aren't able to take a crap without cameras on their ass.

I think that britney episode of southpark shows this in detail, how media really can mess people up.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Teaching at the institution is based on the Study Tech approach to learning, a method developed by Scientology founder L Ron Hubbard.

Did anyone else catch that part of it? People can teach their kids how they want, but I really wouldn't want to start my kids down that path.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Im always full of one liners

I just think celebs do alot of things to get in the limelight.
It's upto him what he does, he's his own man, but nowadays if you dont keep up with the jones's or do what society suggests, you are frowned upon.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by orby1976]

top topics

join