It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Draft Discussed in Senate!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well,
They havent been beating the Iran war drum for nothing.
Recruitment is down, BIG Time,
6-7 years of war in Iraq means the trained cannon fodden is almost exhausted.
The economy is shutting down due to extreme costs,

Its writing on the wall in my opinion.

The thing is,
A draft will bring about Martial Law, because the populace will not allow their sons and daughters to be ordered into a corporate war.
Bush and Co have been setting up these martial law scenario's for the past few years.

Bush's time is quickly running out.

Obama seems more content with talking to Iran and looking at alternatives.

Oils up to a point of breaking point.

china's quickly becoming too powerful

and the people are begining to wake up.

This next few months are going to be the most pivotal in human existence.

because if everyting to date has happened the way many on ATS believe it to have, then its not going to just fade away and change leadership.

The curernt regime will not allow their achievments and successes in regional domination to be handed over to Obama.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
A draft is a bad idea all around, and it can be summarize with this question:

Why have people that dont want to be there? The amount of problem that this could cause could be very detimental to the military.

Military service is not for everyone, their is many ways that people can serve their country without having to make them join the military.

I do see the point the Congressman was making about the never ending raise in cost of pay and benefits for military service members. To that I have to say to him that maybe...just maybe.. if Congress cleans up their act and stop wasting money in pork barrel projects may be.. just may be that would help to get more money to where is really need it.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Every dang gone one of the people running for president during debates said they would not vote for a draft.

They and everyone else is liars!!!!!

Let them send their own kids in and leave mine ALONE!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think they will do a big media propaganda about it during the summer, propaganda against China army rising in september/october...

Then later a lot of troops will be killed ``by Iran``... a ship sunk or something like that... and a lot of troops ``will be needed to replace those and the poor troops doing 5 tours in Iraq or the terrorists win``.... and then they will vote for a draft.

And the worse of it all is that it's a real problem. Those poor soldiers are FORCED to stay there. Or they go there in the first place then have PTSD and are addicted to the ``action`` and go back, making them even more nuts. It's disgusting, those soldiers are VICTIMS.

Yeah I forgot,

DRAFT THOSE WHO SUPPORT BUSH. So at least we could get rid of those scumy fascists and with the help of our friends in the middle-east, they will stay there for eternity.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

I agree. And it will teach the young'uns that there is more to life than the rap artists portray . . . maybe it'll knock some sense into them.

Yeah then just maybe, all those Chickenhawks with a collective hard-on for war will realise the true horrors of their implications and intentions, instead of advocating it as the only means of conflict resolution.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well if they really are going to have a draft, I would suggest any able bodied young man that would be drafted, to go ahead and join the Air Force. I have been in the AF for about 5 and a half years, and it was probably the best decision I ever made.....and not because I'm some brainwashed sheep as Im sure some would say around here. Its because they treat their people very well....just dont join the Army or Marines and the military really is not that bad.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
ha ha ha --- go right ahead and pass the draft...
these kids will defect on you in a heart beat...
compensation dictates there behavior ...
so go ahead and 10 fold what happenend during NAM...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Oh dear :| I feel for you and your young. Man did not evolve into being forced into military service for anyone. Might as well deevolve back to the dark ages.

Back home we have 25% chance of being forced in. No #, but we had a big treasure chest full of tickets and after the tests we sat down with officials and they went "there you go, pick one" x) Was fun and scary at the same time.
Well, that was 12 years ago. Dunno if it's still the same.

Anyways, something so useless and devastating as military service should not be forced upon anyone. Even though I don't agree with military in any form I'm pretty sure that it's doing better in the shape it is in where people who want to be there are doing it.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Question:

If they did institute a draft, would there be a sliding scale of those who are eligible/required?

Would the first to be called up be those registered unemployed with no physical or mental disabilities? Then secondly perhaps those in tertiary industries?

I've always wondered about the mechanics, because I actually think that a draft could be a spectacularly good way of taking unemployed people and giving them a role, thus reducing background crime levels etc.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Every dang gone one of the people running for president during debates said they would not vote for a draft.

They and everyone else is liars!!!!!

I'm not one to care one way or the other whether a politician is a democrat or a republican (they're all liars), but the democrats made the biggest deal about being against the draft during the debates. If you read that article carefully you will notice that all the congressmen who have brought the draft issue to the floor were democrats.

What’s really angers me is that they are proposing to draft our children and send them to their deaths over MONEY! They drop billions of dollars into worthless federal programs on an annual basis, research grants that provide no results and government contracts that are nothing but payoffs for their close friends, and they want to complain about spending $126,000 on a soldiers benefits? BY the way I bet if you look that up that is a full time soldiers benefit package for his entire career, which doesn't sound like such a bad deal for them. I am outraged that they would site finances as a reason for instigating a draft!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Inouye and Rangel unfortunately aren't elites but they both are combat veterans, they realize after analyzing the numbers either one of two things has to happen, immediate withdrawal or some sort of forced enlistment or extensions of military service to keep a fresh pool of troops...we know that the immediate withdrawal or actual troop drawdowns is a slim reality at least for the next year or so.

We can't deny the fact that sentiment is at an all time low for the war and there is no way that anyone in their right mind would sign up for service right now, even though it is possible to recruit from the desperate or individuals that can't find suitable work in the civilian world, I think that recruiting gun ho or pure patriotic recruits demanding combat roles or begging to be sent to the front lines are much harder to recruit about right now.

I think the reality is setting in and a draft or some sort of mandatory service is more of a reality than many people think regardless of the public opinion or what the American people want in order to maintain the overall numbers to sustain a high state of global readiness.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Every year someone brings up the fact that someone in congress puts a draft proposal in a bill.

But it never gets passed, so I wouldn't make to much out of it.
Personally I think we should just take all of our jail population and put them in to service.
You know, work off that debt to society. But that will never happen.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It seems to me its always the democrats who raises our taxes. Or try and take control over everyone. And now they want my children to fight their wars!!!!! They are not as innocent as want people think they are.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This is a short test to see if you are Military Material:
1. Is there anything medically wrong with you..?
2. Do you know how to tie your shoes..?
3. When instructed do you follow instructions..?
4. Are you Poor.. Not Connected to any Power Broker..?
5. How did your forefathers perform in the Service..?
6. Are you dumb enough to sign the Contract..?
7. Will you allow yourself to be turned into a Murderer..?
(7) - when i went through the military boot camp we chanted stuff as we marched to and from things.. our chants were cadance calls... That is not the case today - Boot Recruits now Chant "Whoa, I want to kill somebody"
I heard it at Fort Jackson over and over as the boots marched by...
we are generating murderers not protectors = now - there is a difference

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
All we need is one more large loss of American lives; blamed on the Iranians. It would bring sweeping change as our country, well, as our country acts exactly as we are supposed to.

How couldn't we defend our homeland then? How couldn't we muster the troops?

May I suggest the wonderful little film at the top of the main board page: War Made Easy.

Watch it so you can at least watch the next one unfold; screaming warnings to deaf ears.

Ugh...

[edit on 5/23/0808 by spines]

[edit on 5/23/0808 by spines]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'm seeing references to Democrats here...is anyone surprised?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Everybody who support the war should go over there and get blown up and get psychological scars for life... maybe then the rest of America can go on and start building something without the crazies around anymore.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
What is so wrong with a draft? They did it in WW2.

I think our country has turned into a bunch of pussyfooted pansies and tree-huggers

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It's been discussed for a while now with no real concern as to it being used.
It would kinda make sense that if their position was to create the scenario that would justify a draft, then it seems they are well on their way.

The amount of folks enlisting due to necessity is likely to increase as the economy plummets, jobs disappear, housing etc. I feel that our economic situation was created as a means to an end.

If you also figure that with the idea of the NAU a whole lot more recruits suddenly become available for drafting or volunteer. Perhaps mandatory military service in order to become a full citizen?

The militarization of police and private companies could be part of the ramp up of enforced draft participation. If your choice was to go to war and maybe come back or face a concentration camp most would go for the hope. Since a serious chunk of the country is employed, schooled, housed, etc. by the Gov't, you can bet that in order to receive such benefits, service of some sort would be required. Earn your keep so to speak.

While nothing to it yet, the scent is in the air...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Government appointees in congress can talk all they want about the draft, but the reality of the issue is that we live in a nation that calls itself the model of freedom and that practices democracy.

A draft goes against the bases of what this nation was build on.

No, it will be no draft in this nation unless we becomes the targets of an invasion and then you people can bet that a draft will not be necessary as Americans will protect this nation from whatever enemy decides to come to our shores.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join