It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PHOENIX LIGHTS: Project SNOWBIRD and the Flare Drop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Good Day Forumerions,

Although friend and colleague "Kenny Young" is no longer with us, his work lives on as an epitaph, acknowledging his many contributions he bestowed upon Ufology; here is a fine example:

On Tuesday, August 5, 1997, Capt. Drew Sullins, of the Maryland Air National Guard was interviewed by Kenny Young of T.A.S.K. regarding the March 13th Arizona UFO reports.

YOUNG: Thanks for taking time from your busy schedule to talk this afternoon about Project Snowbird and the flare droppings over Arizona that generated some attention. One of the things I want to discuss is the TIME DELAY in announcing the explanation for this event, which was a duration of almost 4 to 5 months. Is there any reason to your knowledge for this delay?

SULLINS: Yes there is, and I don't think people are going to believe it, but it's the truth... it's a simple miscommunication. Apparently when the military in Phoenix was first approached, they looked at their flight logs, which are kept in two separate categories called "RESIDENT" and "VISITING" logs. These logs chart all of the incoming or outgoing air traffic. When the first inquiries of this went out, DAVIS-MONTHAN didn't check the visiting flight logs. The Public Affairs Officer down there called the people at operations who kept the flight logs, and they said, "we didn't have anything up that day." After several months, Captain Eileen Bienz was told by someone, and I can't remember who, that there was a project called Snowbird, which was an Air National Guard 'Op.' Bienz didn't have information on Snowbird, because Arizona units don't participate in it. Snowbird is an operation run during the winter when they take A.N.G. units located in the northern U.S. When it snows and the weather gets bad, they fly their units out there for a couple of weeks and train during the winter because the weather for flying is so good. Bienz put two and two together and checked the visiting flight logs, and sure enough it was discovered that there was an Air National Guard unit flying around.

YOUNG: So the miscommunication was due to Davis-Monthan?

SULLINS: Yeah, it wasn't on my part. Captain Bienz called me up and told me the whole story, just a couple of weeks ago and first I ever heard of it, and said, 'now can you confirm these things?' So I called our Ops guys of the 175th Wing & 104th Fighter Squadron, and they were able to confirm for me that they were flying that night in that area and dropping flares. The information was not held, as soon as we got it together it was released.

YOUNG: Why had the pilots in this unit, knowing they did this, not come forth in the hours after the publicity to announce the proper explanation?

The rest of the story . . .

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
While I am a firm believer that Snowbird does indeed resolve the 10pm event and videos...there still exists the strange sightings of an 8pm encounter that are NOT acknowledged to be flares, but which comprise the majority of the triangular craft sightings...

This can even be confirmed by official reports to NUFORC, which occurred prior to the Snowbird flight, so even with flares explaining the video taped event, we're still stuck with the mystery of what people were seeing hours earlier, and over a larger part of Arizona than just Phoenix....

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Afternoon Gazrok

Originally posted by Gazrok
While I am a firm believer that Snowbird does indeed resolve the 10pm event and videos...there still exists the strange sightings of an 8pm encounter that are NOT acknowledged to be flares, but which comprise the majority of the triangular craft sightings...

This can even be confirmed by official reports to NUFORC, which occurred prior to the Snowbird flight, so even with flares explaining the video taped event, we're still stuck with the mystery of what people were seeing hours earlier, and over a larger part of Arizona than just Phoenix....

This is certainly true! The 10:00 flare deployment and subsequent videos do not negate the humongous V-Shaped UFO seen in the 8:00 hour! Nor other earlier sightings of anomalous objects earlier in the day, a well as the in the month of March in Arizona, likewise additional sightings across the country.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Nice write up-and confirms what I've been told by MD National Guard as well.

However, with Lynn Kitei out there pumping the lights at every conference and TV show ya see, I fear this will fall upon deaf ears. I know I encountered flat-out rage from some over it.

And thats correct, it does nothing to diminish the structured craft seen earlier. For me it suggests the drop was meant to confuse the issue.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I am really amazed at this flare business. Why would anyone,
including the Military, drop flares over the top of a city and suburbs
that contain 6 million or so people? Especially in the state of Arizona
where you can't even light off a sparkler over the 4th. of July.

And what do these supposed flares accomplish? A pretty light in the sky
to amaze the pilgrims? This flare business is totally nuts, at least to me.

ZOOMER

[edit on 22-5-2008 by ZOOMER]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Afternoon Jeff,

Originally posted by jritzmann
reply to post by Frank Warren

Nice write up-and confirms what I've been told by MD National Guard as well.

However, with Lynn Kitei out there pumping the lights at every conference and TV show ya see, I fear this will fall upon deaf ears. I know I encountered flat-out rage from some over it.

And thats correct, it does nothing to diminish the structured craft seen earlier. For me it suggests the drop was meant to confuse the issue.

I do agree that the continual "muddying of the waters" by mixing the 10:00 flare videos with 8:00 witnesses certainly confuses the layperson, in particular coming from a person that most think carries some weight in the matter; however, those that dig a little deeper will find that "all that flies" is not from Zeta Reticuli.

Having debated (and still debating) this issue with Doc Lynne, I'm at a loss why she continues to feel the need to have photographed ET in the face of all the evidence. I've tried to explain that just because she and others captured flares on video does not detract from the event in general, and specifically the observation by a multitude of people of a huge "craft" earlier on.

Within days of the event Richard Motzer noticed a peculiarity in the reports: although there was several (7) videos of the 10:00 pm events there were hardly any witnesses, in contrast to the 8:00 pm event(s). Obviously, had this happened where Doc Lynne, (and "then" some of the other videographers) said took place i.e., "over Phoenix,' there would have been a plethora of witnesses.

Why weren't there? Because they weren't over Phoenix; in order to see the flares one had to be at a higher elevation, and have a southwest view towards the Estrellas. The lack of witnesses is akin to the "lack of blood-splatter" or void in a specific location in a blood-soaked room at a crime seen; there's something "missing" that doesn't make sense.

That of course was the beginning, before any scientific analysis was done e.g., Cognitec Systems and or Bruce Maccabee, or admissions from the MANG etc.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Good Day Zoomer,

Originally posted by ZOOMER
I am really amazed at this flare business. Why would anyone,
including the Military, drop flares over the top of a city and suburbs
that contain 6 million or so people? Especially in the state of Arizona
where you can't even light off a sparkler over the 4th. of July.

And what do these supposed flares accomplish? A pretty light in the sky
to amaze the pilgrims? This flare business is totally nuts, at least to me.

With respect, sounds like you need to do a little homework; no one including the military is claiming to have dropped flares "over" Phoenix; that in fact is "part of the point." Had there been anything over Phoenix (at the 10:00 hour) there would have been thousands of witnesses, like there was in the 8:00 hour.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Good day Mr. Warren:

I really have read a ton of stories about all of this, so it isn't as if
I am uninformed or misinformed about it. The truth is, there is so
much being bantered about, that I can't decide what to believe. And
I assume, that is exactly the way the PTB want it. I am not saying
one way or another, as I can't possibly have too much to say about
it, except I have 3 children who live in the Phoenix area, and they
don't even know what to think about it.

Thanks for your reply.

ZOOMER

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hi Zoomer,

Originally posted by ZOOMER
Good day Mr. Warren:

I really have read a ton of stories about all of this, so it isn't as if
I am uninformed or misinformed about it. The truth is, there is so
much being bantered about, that I can't decide what to believe. And
I assume, that is exactly the way the PTB want it. I am not saying
one way or another, as I can't possibly have too much to say about
it, except I have 3 children who live in the Phoenix area, and they
don't even know what to think about it.

Thanks for your reply.

ZOOMER

I think this emphasizes Jeff's point, the media in particular and a small fraction of Ufologists promote the visceral (and visual) aspect of PL. If the deployment of flares was done on purpose; that is as a diversionary tactic, then I say it was/is brilliant! Here it is is 11 years later and the debate goes on.

The bottom line is that "a UFO event of grand proportions" took place on March 13th, 1997. Personally, I believe "there is" video tape of it; however, none has yet to be published.

If you haven't read Bruce's report on the flare videos yet, go here.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
G'Day Forumerions,

Here's some of Kenny's comments in post interview:

COMMENT:

It was obvious that Capt. Sullins was knowledgeable about the flight operations of the Maryland A.N.G. and familiar with the flare maneuvers.

He had clearly handled several of these questions previously, and had also indicated that he interviewed several of the pilots involved. He may have been briefed on how to handle these inquiries, as much of what he said was strikingly similar to comments made to me by a captain from the 178th Fighter Group and 162nd Fighter Squadron Flying Unit Fighter Operations division from Springfield Air National Guard base after a separate but identical incident happened in Southern Ohio on March 26. I found Sullins to be courteous and very professional.

However, I am uncomfortable by the fact that the pilots of the eight aircraft responsible, or the other airman involved in the unit operations of the 175th Wing & 104th Fighter Squadron, would supposedly have 'not heard' of the March 13th debacle involving UFOs over Arizona. I cannot fathom that these persons would not "do the right thing" and put the matter to rest as abruptly as possible.

The of his interview and comments . . .

Cheers,
Frank

new topics

top topics

join