It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews burn new testament bible

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
there not jews,there ais.
infiltration of religion by ais is a common theme,they hate jesus for he preached peace and forgivness,the ais want the opposite.
this is why we have the warlike evangelicals spouting war,hatred and bigotry,and why brainwashing and mind control equipment has been discovered in mega churches and the like.
they are turning a good force true christianity into something demonic,brainwashing folks into hating others who are different,into welcoming the apocolypse,into voting republican monsters like cheyney and bush the least christian leaders theres ever been.

there using religion to bring about an acceptance of the end times and to fuel religious war,what do you think the islamic extremists are for?,to goad the west into attacking islam,and it worked,9-11 was thier masterplan.
iraq has gone perfectly for them,as much suffering and hatred as possible.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
If I had enough new testaments to make a bonfire, I would.
I don't own that book anymore, I think I used it to wipe my butt and roll a doobie on a few occasions. Just like the quran, to me it's Satan work, with the ultimate goal of destroying Gods true word.
It will never succeed.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFretwalker
If I had enough new testaments to make a bonfire, I would.
I don't own that book anymore, I think I used it to wipe my butt and roll a doobie on a few occasions. Just like the quran, to me it's Satan work, with the ultimate goal of destroying Gods true word.
It will never succeed.

hmmm indeed,

may i ask where did you come about in this belief?

and may i ask,what is gods true word?,why is the new testament not gods true word?,what gives you the authority to decide what is and isnt?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If I had the reins, I'd take out everything but Jesus' teachings.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
If I had the reins, I'd take out everything but Jesus' teachings.

amen!

shame that most of his teachings are actually ignored most of the time,if we all followed them by god earth would be heaven itself!,its as simple as that!

others had the right idea,buddha,great philosophers,minds and such,but thier usually drowned out by hatred.
i mean the poor old dalhai lamas being demonised in china as some sort of evil rebel leader,shame they dont realise its they whom are the evil empire and whom invaded tibet and bhuddist land and are masscring its population.
such is the ability to brainwash the masses with mass media and alpha waves.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hopefully they used a few pages as rolling papers. Seriously, who cares? Religion is for the brain dead no matter which people are hiding behind it.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
As someone mentioned earlier, a very bad deed. All that paper could have been recycled and used again.

While I myself wouldn't particularly care if you burned all the holy books of the Earth, this was just a symbolic act on behalf of the Messianic Jews and really just an insult to the Ethiopian Jews. Not very nice.

Originally posted by Christian Voice

What a terribly uneducated assumption to think that the Holy Bible was written by aliens. How scary it must feel to be in your shoes.

And it isn't a terribly uneducated assumption to think that the "holy" bible was written by a supernatural bearded man sitting on a cloud?

Actually, the Bible being written by aliens is far more believable since we know physical life can exist in the universe.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeeGee

And it isn't a terribly uneducated assumption to think that the "holy" bible was written by a supernatural bearded man sitting on a cloud?

But isn't it a terribly uneducated assumption to think that anything in the bible describes a supernatural bearded man sitting on a cloud?

It even says right in there men wrote it.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Reddupo]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
They're not heathens. They were books given by Jews to Jews and the Jews are the ones who are angry.

Nothing to do with Christians, at all.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson
hmmm indeed,

yes indeed.

may i ask where did you come about in this belief?

from my own studies.

and may i ask,what is gods true word?,

I'll give ya a hint; Your not likely to find it in a book of idol worship.

why is the new testament not gods true word?

I think I've answered this question.

what gives you the authority to decide what is and isnt?

What do you mean by that ridiculous statement?
Never mind... I don't care ha!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I don’t condone the act of book burning, for a change I am going to weigh in not quite so harshly on the Israeli perspective here.

When you take away the land grabs, and the disproportionate use of military force and the global ambitions it does seem Israel’s founders did have another underlying desire in establishing Israel and that was to give a cultural identity to Jews in Diaspora who wanted one.

Their argument for this is that French, Germans, Poles, Swedes, Italians…et al, had cultural homelands. You could immigrate away from them to some place like America but you always had your French or Italian culture still available to you in a trip back home.

The Zionist movement was partially established on these lines, and while we often see a unified front that perplexes us all when it comes to some of Israel’s militaristic endeavors, the reality is that different branches of the Jewish religion, and different geographical elements of those Jews still considered to be in Diaspora because they do not live in Israel argue and debate constantly over what true Jewish culture is and should be.

The Current Israeli Criminal Code Sec. 170 and 172 [of penal law 5737-1977]. This law bans speaking publicly in a way that is offensive to people of any religion. The law also says it is illegal to actively convince a minor to convert to another religion, or to pay someone to convert.

They are actually reviewing even stricter legislation that could theoretically make it illegal to own or possess a copy of the New Testament in Israel.

Proposed Law of the Knesset members: Moshe Gafni Nissim Zvili P/950
Proposed Penal Law (amendment--possession, printing, reproduction, dissemination, distribution, and importation of publications to induce [SEE FOOTNOTE #1] religious conversion). 5757--1996

1. After paragraph 174B to the Penal Law 5737--1977 [SEE FOOTNOTE #2] would come: Prohibition of inducement for religious conversion 174C

A) Whoever possesses contrary to the law or prints or reproduces or disseminates or distributes or imports tracts or publicizes things in which there is an inducement to religious conversion is punishable by -- one year imprisonment.

B) Any tract or publication in which there is inducement to religious conversion will be confiscated.

Clearly though working on Gideon’s behalf is tough everywhere these days!

ABOUT State of Florida v. Simpson
On January 19, 2008 two members of Gideons International, Ernest Simpson and Anthony Mirto, attempted to distribute Bibles on a public sidewalk outside Key Largo School. They did not step on to the school grounds. Nevertheless, both men were arrested, booked, and charged with trespassing after the school’s principal called police.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Is this really surprising. The New Testament means nothing to the Orthodox Jews. It is as meaningful as toilet paper to them. I for one, find it horrible for doing that, but that is because I don’t follow the same teachings as they do.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Like others have said its a book shoot at it,burn it,use genesis to make a spliff,wipe your behind with it...its paper and ink..and it isnt even that good.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

No no no..

The Sermon on the Mount is probably the most important thing ever written.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

and may i ask,what is gods true word?,why is the new testament not gods true word?

I have to laugh when I read people arguing which religious text is gods "true" word.

You're all holding books that are written by men, edited by men, re-written by men... and claiming it's gods word.

You're worshiping the words of men, not god.

No person can ever know the will of god while you're still alive. (Assuming god exists). That's the whole point of your god not interfering.

To the religious, life is supposed to be a form of test yes?
So what's the point then if the answers are already given to you?

Hint : They're not.

You can all attack each other, burn each others books, worship the will of some author, or king that demanded it be edited a long time ago...
... if there is a god, he'll be letting those in who did what they felt was right... not what some heavily edited book claimed to be right, or what some church dictated to be right.

Now, if you want to look at it from a perspective of "divine plan", if the plan is divine, then clearly my opposing the church is what he intends me to do.

From a retrospective point of view... if god is omnipotent, all wise, all powerful... I highly doubt he'd forget how he created his crowning achievement, or how long it took to create it, then proceed to write it all down in a book and screw up the carefully devised test he's having his children take by giving them all the answers.

That book, which ever one you hold, is the word of man.
You'll find out what your god wanted when you're dead, not before.

Then again, I don't even believe there is a god. But that's for another discussion.

The overall point here is you are all hating and being totally unforgiving toward each other over some book, written by man, that claims to be god's word.
I'm an Atheist... and even I think that's worthy of hell.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
So, some Messianic Jews gave some Orthadox Jews some new-testament bibles, and the bibles got burnt. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't the Orthodox Jews sorta famous for not changing their ways? They didn't want to hear it two-thousand years ago, and I doubt giving them books which they didn't want in the first place could change that.

If I give a bum ten bucks, I don't get pissed when he buys cigarettes or booze. Hence, if I give a bible to someone who clearly has no interest in it, I acknowledge that I've forfeited the right to care about the bible's well-being, and don't take it as an affront to the entire Christian religion.

Previous posts have compared this act to snipers shooting the Koran. Let me chase a rabbit to drive my point home. We are at war with Muslims, not merely Iraq or Afghanistan. Specifically, we are at war with Muslim radicals who view America as an affront to their God and religion. As much as Americans like to believe that they're always in the wrong place at the wrong time, this bias didn't appear overnight, nor did it appear for no reason. Groups of Americans acted in ways which royally pissed them off, and Boom! No more phone calls using the word "bomb".

If the Christians who were upset by this behavior truly wish to live better lives in accordance to God's will, they'd understand two things. The first is that they knew it was a possibility when they gave the bibles away; if it meant so much to them, they should have given the bibles to people who actually wanted them. Secondly, they should realize that by making this event into a big deal they're causing the same sort of anti-religious sentiments which sparked the attack on the trade center (unless you're a complete conspiracy nut, that is).

I know Americans who are atheist, satanist, and even druidic pagan who've all done far worse than burning bibles, but I've never once heard them singled out for their actions. Then again, few of them have recieved the business end of yellow journalism. If you want to know whats going on in the world, I suggest you watch public broadcasting; news which isn't run by a corporate giant bankrolled by politicians is much more informative.

ps. If I've offended anybody, I truly do not care, but it was not my intention. My offend-o-meter breaks after midnight.

(grammar)

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Malfeitor]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Well said, though I don't entirely agree with your view; I'm a sort of pagan, but was made so by the same realizations you've posted. I suppose I can justify my beliefs with bland optimism.

And one last side note to the rest of the crew before I finally go to sleep; I can't help but notice how many times I've seen phrases such as the following, and I simply couldn't let it go. I'll go in order from quote to quote, for your convenience.

"our saviour"
Perhaps I should point out that my savior is probably not anybody else's, so I won't be so arrogant as to proclaim that everybody who doesn't believe as I do is damned. I would simply ask for that courtesy to be returned. Pagans have hearts too, you know.

"Godless heathans like yourself"
AnyChristian who would dare to judge so harshly as to call another human a "Godless Heathen" has committed a mortal sin. It is the sin of Greed, though few will see it. Allow me to explain. Jesus said that 'judgement is the Lord's alone', which means that one who judges in such a way is placing one's self above God. Not only is this blasphemous, but it implies that one is eager to judge, and not willing to await final justice; such a person is greedy for retribution, and by proximity of such blasphemy attempting to be God. Hence, the mortal sin; I promise that ninety percent (at least) of those who follow the Judeo-Christian faith would never consider such a thing.

"So may people on this website are in darkness over The Word of God, that stupid arguments erupt over ignorance by both sides. By people who never picked up a concordance who think they can understand The Word, to the ones who never even got a chance to learn but who have prematurely decided it is all a scam."
To be completely honest, this is just an incredible statement. The sheer arrogance, the unhindered ignorance, both paired so seamlessly with more blasphemy and egotism; its an incredible statement due to the fact that I could not, if I tried, write a more opinionated statement backed by so little fact. Before tearing into this one, let me simply state that it is remarks such as this one which give Christians a bad name.

Okay, now that thats out of the way... I was raised in a Baptist family from an early age; I prayed before every meal and before bed, I've read the New King James version of the Bible from cover to cover, I spent ten years faithfully attending church, and I've spent another five years studying religions around the globe. My opinions about the events which sparked this thread have absolutely nothing to do with the amount of education I've had in religion. My choice to leave Christianity was made after more than two years of prayer, meditation, and searching; I wanted to believe, and I didn't abandon my beliefs lightly.

I will not allow the idiots of the world to point their fingers in my direction and accuse me of ingnorance to the Christian religion, nor will I sit idly by and watch hypocrites dance mady about in hopes of gaining enough attention that someone outside of their sacred little church circle will acknowledge them as good people. There was a parable in the Bible about a priest who gave great sums in broad view, loudly proclaiming his deeds so that they would be recognized. In the same building there was a tax collector, hated by the crowd, silently giving what he could afford. I'll tell you without hesitation, most pro-Christian posts I've seen on this thread have been those of priests; get a tax collector in here, and to him I'll speak.

The burning of a few books on the other side of the world by men whom you will never meet does not give you God's mandate to screech his word into the ears of every man, woman, and child who isn't goose-stepping behind you.

Once more I must stress that it was not my intention to offend anybody.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo

But isn't it a terribly uneducated assumption to think that anything in the bible describes a supernatural bearded man sitting on a cloud?

It even says right in there men wrote it.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Reddupo]

You would be surprised at how many people actually believe that description of god.

And I agree. Men did write it, but many don't believe that.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join