It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews burn new testament bible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
reply to post by Rook1545

We need alot less preachy preachy and alot more teachy teachy. We need less infomercials like the one you provided us with, and more of "the faithful" going out and teaching each other how to be more tolerant. I could care less which of the books you like to read before bed, as long as you stop trying to tell everyone how to live their lives, it is whatever floats your boat.

God, you are funny! What a sense of humor.

"A truth ceases to be true when more than one person believes in it."
-Oscar Wilde

I am unsure if that was sarcasm or you actually liked it. Either way, thanks, I am here for everyone's entertainment. Hopefully you didn't think my little diatribe was pointed to you but more to the that quoted you and let his holy spirit flow.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

I was sincere. We could all use a little humor.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Comparing the destruction of hundreds of copies of the New Testamant by a large number of people to the destruction of one copy of the Quran by one soldier? Yeah, that's not reaching much.

Eh, call me a hypocrite, but the destruction of a copy of the Quran is a total "who cares?" reaction. (actually it's a "Good, I've destroyed a couple copies of the damn thing myself" reaction...) Whereas the burning of the NT would be reason to break some people in half for me. Might be because I think comparing the Living Word of God to a book filled with the ramblings of a pedophile suffering from an inferiority complex is like comparing a Triple Crown winning racehorse to an old mule.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Yeah, to you but it means a lot more to others.
I'm sure you would get a little upset if something in your possession was burned which you found precious or loved.

Way to contradict yourself.

So it's alright for US Soldiers to shoot up Qurans as you implicate in the other thread but here, when somebody burns a stack of Bibles, oh that's morally reprehensible, these Bibles are treasured possessions.

So Freedom of Speech/Expression basically only applies when it's being used to vilify Muslims?

Pffft... Hypocrisy=Republican Motto

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
How terrible. They burned a book inspired by higher dimensional aliens used to enslave us. What's the world coming to?!

They would have a field day if they stayed in Motel 6. Oh Gideon, how you perpetuate the lie.

I'd give these guys more credit though if they burned the Quran and Torah too. But obviously, it's a 'my god is bigger than your god' type of ego trip.

Oh well, one can dream. Maybe one day the religions of the world will realize they've been had, but I doubt it.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

"Heathens" is the correct spelling btw..

Oh I see, attacking my spelling. What a great arguement you have there. Stupid comments like that really drags down the integrity of this site.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by General Izer

What a terribly uneducated assumption to think that the Holy Bible was written by aliens. How scary it must feel to be in your shoes.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Whereas the burning of the NT would be reason to break some people in half for me. Might be because I think comparing the Living Word of God to a book filled with the ramblings of a pedophile suffering from an inferiority complex is like comparing a Triple Crown winning racehorse to an old mule.

You really shouldn't talk about Jesus like that. How do you know he liked little kids? Although I agree with the inferiority complex part

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by General Izer

What a terribly uneducated assumption to think that the Holy Bible was written by aliens. How scary it must feel to be in your shoes.

Inspired (not written) by aliens that want you to think that they are God. How easy people give up their own power when presented with the idea of an external authority dealing out rewards and consequences.

And it's certainly not an uneducated assumption seeing that I spent the first 17 years of my life going to church. If it wasn't for the vast amount of study I did I would have never figured out the truth.

Scary? Not in the slightest. Being free from worshiping aliens and giving them my energy has opened me up to the true infinite intelligence of the universe. And that far exceeds anything offered by the church.

Don't get me wrong though. The bible has some truth in it. It has to or so many people wouldn't fall for it. I'm also not bashing believers because I understand that desire to look for an external authority figure. It's just spiritual immaturity and I don't mean that in a bad way. Our lives here are a microcosm of the spiritual journey. At first we look towards our parents, then school mates, then the gov't for our answers. Many people choose to stay in that state of infancy. But as more knowledge is acquired the individual starts to awaken to the fact they don't need all these external authorities.

Do you trully believe you were created in God's image? If so, would God worship and give up his power to something else? Would God preach to others to attempt to make then see a narrow point of view? Or would God allow for all aspects of creation to be explored?

The truth is we are all fractal copies of the universe. We all have the power (in potential) to create worlds. Infinity expands forever from each zero point. We are each the center of our own universe. That is our birth right as souls.

The infinite intelligence often referred to as God is not something separate out there looking down judging us. That intelligence permeates all things and there is no judgment. Just cause and effect built into the system for us to learn how to properly maintain a universe of our own.

Edit: Missed a word.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by General Izer]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

"Heathens" is the correct spelling btw..

Oh I see, attacking my spelling. What a great arguement you have there. Stupid comments like that really drags down the integrity of this site.

Hardly .. As it was an added BTW . .. You didn't even comment on the "argument" at all . . I understand tho . You fear so much being wrong that you cant look at yourself in the mirror and see what you are..

Oh and BTW.. it spelled "Argument"

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

ramblings of a pedophile suffering from an inferiority complex

And how is that any holier than a magician and a swindler who had a surrogate whore for a mother, and a series of henchmen who would conspire with him to carry on and perpetuate his lies and false prophecies?

Muhammed and Jesus? Dumb and Dumber.

Their like two Conmen trying to out do each other, one claims he can walk on water and came from a virgin mother, the other reckons he hears the voice of god commanding him to kill people.

Imbeciles...

[edit on 24/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If we expect respect, then we in turn, have to extend the same courtesy and have some respect for others.

Simple really.

[edit on 24/5/2008 by budski]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Burning others religious books is a horrible thing to do. HOWEVER, They can just start hitting motels and replace them.................kidding, my point is they are not irreplaceable and its not worth making a huge deal over.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
The life of jesus - the son of God and our saviour is `tripe for the gullible`? we each have our own opinions - but yours is beyond the pale.

Beyond the pale? He was letting them off far too easily. In my opinion christians need to keep their stinking pile of hog feces to themselves.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

Wow, nice talk. Not.

What did that add to the conversation?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Well thanks for pointing that out mate otherwise us simpletons would have missed it!

Whatever happened to Freedom of Expression jsobecky? As in the freedom to shoot a Quran?

If you agree with that as you do, than as far as I'm concerned everyone can verbally abuse Christians all they like.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Sure they can. They can be simpletons and idiots to their hearts desire. They can even do something stupid and adolescent like defend a murderer.

And it's my right to point out their stupidity, too.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The ADL really does not give a hoot about the welfrae of Christians or any other group. They sent a stock letter about repect yaadada. And they have been accused of being an extension of the Israeli Lobby and the interest of Israel, end of story.

The question is: WHERE IS CNN, FOXNEWS, ABC, THE CATHOLIC LEAGUE, THE SOUTHERN BAPTIST CONVENTION, ETC. The answer is these people know there limitations when it comes to a subject like this. And that the silver bullet of "anti-semitism" is ready to be fired.

The United States: home of the free land of the brave, yea right......ill

brings back memories of the USS Liberty(.com)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join