It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews burn new testament bible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
There was a thread about a sniper using the koran as a practice target, so I'm gonna go ahead and say what many posters in that thread said.

Which is:
"Who cares - it's just a book, right?"

Boot

Other foot

I completely agree with you.. It's just a book.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

It also reminds me when atheists say that they adhere to no religion. In all reality their religion is based on the fact they do not believe in a god. They follow a set of very fanatical religious beliefs that random chance/natural science created the universe etc.. I find atheists to be some of the most religious people I have ever meet. Its Funny how the concept of the creator is always lurking in the background!

How interesting you should say so! I just did a new thread on "Why are Atheists...Atheists?" www.abovetopsecret.com... You might find it interesting!

As far as burning the NT. It is just a sign of the times. Regardless of how I feel about the NT, it is a very old book and one to be honored. Even if it was written by more than one God!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LockwithnoKey

Well let's look at it logically. One of your complaints about "religious" people is they are so condemning of other people's behavior, yes? You don't see the irony of that statement or rationale? I remember one night while working in a pepsi factory (tough job), I had asked God to bring it to my attention every time I judged someone. By the time my shift was over, it was brought to my attention over and over again. It was at this point I realized that it was a good thing Jesus came along because in an universal sense, we are only dimly aware of a small portion of things we could improve upon as a race of sentients. Most of what we do that vibrates at a very loooooow level, passes our eyes without acknowledgement or understanding. Unfortunately, for the christian and those working on being better people than they were before, this has a level of difficultly associated with it that starts with ...

1) the realization that you're a complete idiot in a very intelligent universe
2) followed shortly by the realization that you ain't alone in your malady.

some people get tripped up at #2. it's the nature of only having part of the picture.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
I said it in the Quran thread . . . who gives a flying flip?

It is a book.

Yeah, to you but it means a lot more to others.
I'm sure you would get a little upset if something in your possession was burned which you found precious or loved.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
If you replaced Jews with Muslims, this story would be receiving mainstream coverage as we speak, Bill O'Reily, Ann Coulter and the like would jump on it like a Lion going in for the kill and use this as evidence Muslims hate all other religions and are backward savages.

And for good reason because the Muslim extremists would come out and start yelling how they want to burn, kill or behead the person responsible.

link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by LockwithnoKey

Well let's look at it logically. One of your complaints about "religious" people is they are so condemning of other people's behavior, yes? You don't see the irony of that statement or rationale? I remember one night while working in a pepsi factory (tough job), I had asked God to bring it to my attention every time I judged someone. By the time my shift was over, it was brought to my attention over and over again. It was at this point I realized that it was a good thing Jesus came along because in an universal sense, we are only dimly aware of a small portion of things we could improve upon as a race of sentients. Most of what we do that vibrates at a very loooooow level, passes our eyes without acknowledgement or understanding. Unfortunately, for the christian and those working on being better people than they were before, this has a level of difficultly associated with it that starts with ...

1) the realization that you're a complete idiot in a very intelligent universe
2) followed shortly by the realization that you ain't alone in your malady.

some people get tripped up at #2. it's the nature of only having part of the picture.

Thanks for proving my point. I rest my case. You are assuming you are right because of your belief in Jesus and such. When in fact, you know nothing, only think and believe that you know "The Way" or "The Words" that are absolute truth. Arrogance in religion lives on...

link   
Like I said.

Boot

Other foot.

People who were saying "so what, it's the koran, who cares" are now outraged because something happened to a bible.

Hypocrisy of the highest order.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

it's only hypocracy if you happen to share the opinion.
you can't erase a person's beliefs by burning their history books.
it's not in the book anyway. it's in the individual.
it is, afterall, just a book, but it's a very special book to those
who love to read ancient history and learn how others deal with
their relationship with the supernatural and most specificially,
God. But no one actually NEEDS the book. It's just paper and ink.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Arrogance in religion lives on...

My personal opinion is arrogant, you mean!
I'm not a religion.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Arrogance in religion lives on...

My personal opinion is arrogant, you mean!
I'm not a religion.

If followers and promoters are not representatives of their religion then who is?
It would seem that my statement remains accurate

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LockwithnoKey

If followers and promoters are not representatives of their religion then who is?
It would seem that my statement remains accurate

Not all followers are at the same place I am. Some are light years ahead of me and some are learning at varying rates in different categories of thought and behavior. So it truly is my version of what's going on, where I'm at right now. Just like your thoughts are variations on some anti-religious thought, which may or may not be an exact replica of the original presentation. Your personal opinions may and probably do, vary. This is what it means to have free will. You can't force me to believe as you do and I can't force you to believe as I do, hopefully neither one of us is planning on trying to force the other.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I hope that idiot John C. Hagee and his following see's this. He's always begging for money to send to support his beloved orthodox Jews.
Get a hint John.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Millions of children have gained knowledge from Dr. Suess, as these books help many children learn to read and through this they gain knowledge.

Mein Kampf ? The knowledge that can be gained by that book is the knowledge of how twisted a person's mind can become. It's a possibilty that had more people read it certain events in history may have been avoided, or carried out to a lessor degree.

The bible ? The knowledge that people gain from the bible varies as greatly as people do. But i would say that even atheists gain knowledge from it, seems they gain the knowledge of what they disagree with and choose not to believe. Some people gain the knowledge of how they may (in thier opinion) live a better life.

The Koran ? I must admit that this is something that i have never read and have little knowledge of. I Think that like the bible it gives some people the knowledge of how they may (again in thier opinion) live a better life.

Yes it is my belief that all books pocess some innate sense of knowledge, in one form or another. People vary and what they take from a book varies, that is something that will never change. There will always be those that take the wrong meaning from a book, or take what was written to help people and turn it around to hurt people, but that is something that can not be changed.

You say that 99.99% of books are ok, but shouldn't we destroy the .01% that would sway people in the wrong direction. Who decides which .01 % of the books should be destroyed ? What if they decide that one of the books that need to be destroyed happens to be a book that you believe to be of great importance ?

Mein Kampf may have a bad effect on certain people, and lead them in the wrong direction, but it may also prevent another man like hitler from ever having so much power again. A book about ted bundy may give an already twisted mind some ideas, but it may save countless women from ever falling prey to someone like that.

We all take from books what we do, some of it good, some of it bad. But we all deserve and have the right to seek knowledge. As i stated earlier my issue was not with the fact that it was a bible that was burned, but the fact that any book was burned.

I am new here and i guess i'm still naive about certain things here. I see that i still haven't learned to tell the difference between a valid thread and a bait thread. I wrongly assumed that it was a thread about someone that was concerned about books being burned, but now see that it was just a bait thread to bash religion in one form or another. You people have fun, bye.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The only thing that angers me is they should have recycled them .. It was quite a waste to burn them . I'm sure they would have made great toilet paper.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05
The only thing that angers me is they should have recycled them .. It was quite a waste to burn them . I'm sure they would have made great toilet paper.

Nice!

LMAO

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
If the bibles in question were being pushed by evangelic Christians trying to convert the Jews in question, I can see why they were upset.

I don't like anybody to try and push their religion on me. I have my beliefs and if I were unhappy with my faith I am perfectly capable to go out looking on my own.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05

Thanks for taking the maturity level of this thread down to the low teens. For an encore would you like to make fart noises by placing your hand in your armpit?

[edit on 5/23/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This is hilarious. Burning books is so un-Jewish like; they are typically very educated and tolerant.

Now, when they start bombing embassies over a book, someone wake me up.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

My pleasure .. Todays piece will be moonlight sonata..

Fart squeek squeek braap..

Meh i tried..

But anyway whats so immature about recycling ? Do you hate the planet and want to see it destroyed ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join