It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews burn new testament bible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Every religion should get together and just have a mass holy book burning event, Two birds with one stone, It'll bring unity and peace.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by C0le

Every religion should get together and just have a mass holy book burning event

Cool man, when do we start goose-stepping down the street in brown shirts and vandalising Jewish-owned stores?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I didn't read all posts... but here we are again... religious whackos getting their panties in a bunch over some books, telling one fairy tale or another.

Religion... the root of all evil... the root of all problems... the root of all war. Morons.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Interesting point.

I wonder if all books do have some innate value?

What knowledge may we draw from the works of Dr. Seuss? The Bible? The Koran? Mein Kampf even?

Sure the burning of 99.99% of books is reprehensible, but isnt the burning of some books a good step to take considering their power to sway ignorant and uninformed people to ideologies of hatred? (Personally I hate the works of Dr Seuss).

Thats not to say that I condone the burning of the bible. I cannot condone it, but I can understand them doing it.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
We should burn and shoot and what ever to all religious so called! holy books.What is so holy about each of them....if you look at each book they all contain murder in the name of GOD.What kind of holy books are those.I am including all religious books not just the bible.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Talk about gullible, Have you ever met God? Did you meet Jesus? Have you ever met a Savior? Blind trying to lead the blind. Do some actual research on this so called "Savior". You will be surprised to find out how religions far and wide have used this historic/mythic persona to brainwash and control millons and wreck havoc on the world as we know it. Take all this ignorance of Jesus and the bible out of all equations and you wind up with PEACE on EARTH. Please help ypurself and everyone else that has to read your primitive responses and get a clue . Do a little reasearch for GOD's sake and stop believing in what you've been conditioned to believe. This site is about discovery/ evolution and personal transformation.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

So are you calling me a moron? I guess you were. Burning the bible is like burning your flag. How would you feel if I came to where ever it is that you
lived and burned your countries flag? Because a flag is nothing more then
polyester. Flags are the root of all evil...it is what wars are fought over...and your the moron.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Equinox99]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Somebody said it should be no big deal because when they burned the new testament they did not have any "allegiance" to the book. Implying that no malice was involved because they do not follow the teachings of Jesus. I would say that this is rather naive because they have an allegiance to something that inspires them to burn a religious book. They are so concerned with religious zeal they have lost touch with all of the basic humanistic thoughts taught by all religions. But granted extremists are in every faith including Christians, Jews, Hindus and most recently Islamic circles. A truly decent group would have at least recycled the paper anyway!

It also reminds me when atheists say that they adhere to no religion. In all reality their religion is based on the fact they do not believe in a god. They follow a set of very fanatical religious beliefs that random chance/natural science created the universe etc.. I find atheists to be some of the most religious people I have ever meet. Its Funny how the concept of the creator is always lurking in the background!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
They burn the most famous book ever written by Jews? Sounds like an inferiority complex.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So Christians shot up the Koran...Jews burned the Bible...what are the Muslims going to do to the Torah? This whole religious debacle is frustrating. I am starting to think the communist crackdown on religion was not such a bad idea, they never seemed to have these kinds of problems.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
They ought to toss the vile Old Testament and Koran into the bonfire while they're at it. It's all garbage.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Don't worry about the burning of the Bible even though it is the word of God.

Would God rather us Christians retaliate, kill, scorn and descend into sin because of this or would he have us "Love your neighbor as yourself" and forgive?

How many will you lead to God by stoning?

Show the world that his word doesn't just live within the pages of a book....show them how it lives within you!

[edit on 5/23/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
I am outraged and discgusted that these heathen`s destroyed the good book in such a vile manner.

Ouch. Ok. Well, you are entitled to your opinion. As a Christian I cannot agree with what they did, however...

send in the marines!

Why? I hope you're not calling for militant violence against the Jews over this.

'Heaven and Earth will pass away but my words will never pass away.' ~Jesus.

Bibles have been burned for centuries by one party or another. However, the above is Jesus' promise to us. So why call for action [and possibly violence- I wasn't sure what you were implying] against the Jews?

I understand your offense but take comfort in the promise He gave to us. We're to turn the other cheek and love our enemies (although I don't consider the Jews our enemies).

Hope that helps.

[edit on 5/23/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Ignorance is rampant among all the religions.

A book is a book, a thought is a thought, but an action is final.
If everyone realized that faith comes from themselves and not from a symbol then there would be no need to try to destroy others.

Anyone that looks down upon or feels superiority over another is not a true religious person, just another brainwashed freak that likes to think that whatever they do is justified and backed by their deity.

Books are a form of knowledge, whatever the book.
Destruction or suppression of knowledge goes against the flow of life.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Anyone that looks down upon or feels superiority over another is not a true religious person, just another brainwashed freak

I was going to "pot kettle black" ya but this statement is actually so ironic, it's funny!

whew.
okay, i apologize for seeing the irony and commenting on it.
wait...

oh gosh. hehe

[edit on 23-5-2008 by undo]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I agree with you.

Unfortunately, the hypocrisy of religion causes people to be blind to the fact that all knowledge is worthwhile.

Take for instance, the fundamentalist Christians. I've noted that the majority of them I know have condoned the destruction of other religions texts, buildings, property, and even condoned the death of their members for being in a different religion.

Yet, when the shoes on the other foot... and a few of THEIR religious texts get burnt. They go up in arms over it, and tend to be mortified at the fact that the opposing religion could show such a lack of respect.

Somehow, they never stop to ask themselves "maybe we should respect their religions as if it were our own."

I grow weary of such hypocrisies, so I'm going to leave this thread. You can all continue flaming each others beliefs without me.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

I am outraged and discgusted that these heathen`s destroyed the good book in such a vile manner.

Meanwhile, Orthodox Jews are applauding the destruction of texts they say urge Jews to convert.

send in the marines!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

there u go encouraging war because of another dispute involving religion.....wow

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

there u go encouraging war because of another dispute involving religion.....wow

suspcious, says i!

i think jesus summed it up nicely, the kingdom of God is within you.
you are the temple of God. the shekinah no longer resides in a building!
the book is not God, it's a book about God but it ain't God and God ain't in it.
God dwells in the believer. the words are written on the believer's heart.
the bible is a handy book to have around but it does not define ultimately what it means to be a christian. The holy spirit does that.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Anyone that looks down upon or feels superiority over another is not a true religious person, just another brainwashed freak

I was going to "pot kettle black" ya but this statement is actually so ironic, it's funny!

whew.
okay, i apologize for seeing the irony and commenting on it.
wait...

oh gosh. hehe

[edit on 23-5-2008 by undo]

Perhaps if I was a religious person that would make sense, however I'm not nor claim to be so your thought of such is incorrect. You should pay more attention.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

suspcious, says i!

i think jesus summed it up nicely, the kingdom of God is within you.
you are the temple of God. the shekinah no longer resides in a building!
the book is not God, it's a book about God but it ain't God and God ain't in it.
God dwells in the believer. the words are written on the believer's heart.
the bible is a handy book to have around but it does not define ultimately what it means to be a christian. The holy spirit does that.

well then these words written in believers heart tend to encourage them to do bad things

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join