It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews burn new testament bible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Jews burn new testament bible

news.bbc.co.uk

Messianic Jews in Israel say they want an inquiry into the burning of hundreds of copies of the New Testament by Orthodox Jews in Or Yehuda last week.

The books were given to the town's Ethiopian Jews by the Messianic Jews, who believe in Jesus as a saviour.

Or Yehuda's deputy mayor says he received complaints about the books, and arranged for them to be burnt.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I am outraged and discgusted that these heathen`s destroyed the good book in such a vile manner.

Meanwhile, Orthodox Jews are applauding the destruction of texts they say urge Jews to convert.

send in the marines!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
i myself think new testament bible is nothing more than brainwashing tripe for the gullible...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The life of jesus - the son of God and our saviour is `tripe for the gullible`? we each have our own opinions - but yours is beyond the pale.

+5 more 
posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
There was a thread about a sniper using the koran as a practice target, so I'm gonna go ahead and say what many posters in that thread said.

Which is:
"Who cares - it's just a book, right?"

Boot

Other foot

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The book, like a flag is useless to the person who has no alligence to it.
Why be offended? I recall marines in Iraq using some books as targets. Should we really take action over these things? Next we will be in hot water over eating cows because they are sacred to others.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Harlequin I never figured you for a staunch Christian fundamentalist.

Could it possibly be satire I detect in your opinion?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Maybe it's time to start burning Talmuds and Boycotting Kosher Products... I've about had my fill of both.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If you replaced Jews with Muslims, this story would be receiving mainstream coverage as we speak, Bill O'Reily, Ann Coulter and the like would jump on it like a Lion going in for the kill and use this as evidence Muslims hate all other religions and are backward savages.

But no, Jews or Christians have such a reputation for tolerance and equality that nobody seems to mind when they burn Bibles.

Or lynch Black people.
Or burn Jerusalem.
Or slaughter Muslims.
Or bulldoze Palestinian homes.
Or "accidentally" kill women and kids.
Etc...

They're history shows that their so much more understanding and moderate than Muslims, this such minor, trivial actions can be forgiven.
But Muslims, they're whackjobs pure and simple, thus when a Muslim takes a dump it makes the front page with the heading: "They sh*t on us all!!"

I love it how everyone ignored this thread...
You should change the title to "Muslims burn New Testament..." Harlequin.
I'd wager you'd get 50 replies within the next 5 hours.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

does it come across so well in times new roman 10

but as 2 replies in this thread have shown - and there will be more apologists ; but Godfather said it so well

[quote=The Godfather of Conspira]If you replaced Jews with Muslims, this story would be receiving mainstream coverage as we speak

its `only` jews , so it must be a mistake - its not as if it attacks the underpinnings of the `american way of life` now does it.....

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
A Bible is paper and ink. What do you think Christians do with Bibles they have read so much they are falling to pieces?

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I said it in the Quran thread . . . who gives a flying flip?

It is a book.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

Times 100 for the Old Testament.

Thanks for your input, it equals mine.
I'm sure you understand.

AAC

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Why have a mass burning though? Why not just throw it in the trash like any unwanted flyers, ads, or books? I throw away those psalm books church gives out... those mission things that I keep getting... ads for the latest coolest trends, coupons I don't use... etc. Why a mass burning?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
If you replaced Jews with Muslims, this story would be receiving mainstream coverage as we speak, Bill O'Reily, Ann Coulter and the like would jump on it like a Lion going in for the kill and use this as evidence Muslims hate all other religions and are backward savages.

But no, Jews or Christians have such a reputation for tolerance and equality that nobody seems to mind when they burn Bibles.

Or lynch Black people.
Or burn Jerusalem.
Or slaughter Muslims.
Or bulldoze Palestinian homes.
Or "accidentally" kill women and kids.
Etc...

They're history shows that their so much more understanding and moderate than Muslims, this such minor, trivial actions can be forgiven.
But Muslims, they're whackjobs pure and simple, thus when a Muslim takes a dump it makes the front page with the heading: "They sh*t on us all!!"

I love it how everyone ignored this thread...
You should change the title to "Muslims burn New Testament..." Harlequin.
I'd wager you'd get 50 replies within the next 5 hours.

This story is indeed true as ive confirmed on Israeli sites.The problem is that these people were catering to young people which is against the law in Israel.Heres the link i found where Israeli police are taking over the case.This incident has been condemned by the ADL.

www.jpost.com...

If the link doesnt work goto www.jpost.com then check the headlines tab for Police looking into the book burnings.

Heres the original story where i saw it;
web.israelinsider.com...

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Justice11]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacSen191
Why have a mass burning though? Why not just throw it in the trash like any unwanted flyers, ads, or books? I throw away those psalm books church gives out... those mission things that I keep getting... ads for the latest coolest trends, coupons I don't use... etc. Why a mass burning?

Maybe they were making smores?

But if it was alot of them, they might not have fit in the trash receptacle

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MacSen191

It's anger borne of fear that their culture/religion/way of life etc., etc., is somehow under threat.

The fact that Jesus Christ was a Jew who lived by and taught the Torah and fulfilled the writings of their prophets passes them by. As does the fact that the original Church was almost entirely composed of Jews of every description, not to mention the fact that millions of Jews today believe that Jesus Christ was and is the Messiah - and so seek to live in keeping with God's moral Law (as a way of expressing gratitude for his sacrifice of himself so repentant sinners could be forgiven). Not to mention that Christians pray for God's peace and blessing on Jews...

People who burn the New Testament or the Bible harm only themselves and their loved ones from whom they hide their contents.

As Jesus prayed (for the soldiers slamming nails into his feet and wrists): 'Father forgive them. They do not know what they are doing'.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It doesn't make a difference if it was a bible or not. The burning of any book is a reprehensible act. Especially if it is done by any part of the goverment, it's no different than natzi germany.

If they didn't want them, they didn't have to accept them, or could've given them back, or given them to others that did want them. I'm sure that the jews did not like it when thier literature was burned.

I don't think that the burning of any type of book should be condoned.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

It doesn't make a difference if it was a bible or not. The burning of any book is a reprehensible act. Especially if it is done by any part of the goverment, it's no different than natzi germany.

I know, I never said I was condoning it, I merely commented it's funny nobody picks this story up.

You can almost guarantee if this were a Muslim "book-burning" incident there would be an uproar.

Destroying other people's religious scriptures I find to be extremely disrespectful and savage, doesn't matter if it's a Quran, a Torah or a Bible.
It's ridiculous the way people hide behind freedom of speech and expression and use it as a vehicle to vilify other cultures or religions.
It's like a licence to discriminate these days.

Yet everyone here says: "Let him do them do as they wish, it's just a book!"
Well I don't know about you but burning somebody else's Holy Book effectively highlights your bigoted, prejudiced views..

I mean I though we had advanced past 1939 here...
Obviously some people still prefer openly hostile and hateful people to be protected by law and such.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I'm sorry if you though that my post was directed at you, it was not at all. I was taught to have respect for any and all books as they are a source knowledge.

Throughout history a way to oppress people has been to deny them any source of knowledge. To see any kind of book being burned today in my opinion is shamefull. It's not just religious books.

I believe that people have a right to read whatever they choose to, or not read whatever they choose not to. However there are less barbaric ways to dispose of reading material that you do not want, there is no need to destroy it.

I just don't understand the "it's just a book" mentality. Any book is a source of knowledge even if one only learns the meaning of a new word, and should not be dismissed so lightly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join