It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im coming clean about my HOAX videos

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Willbert

someone is a tad bit late on the thread...

Hi welcome to the rest of the discussion, how are you by the way? He has now posted a link just as he said he would do on the channel part of youtube so that people can come here and see that it's a fake instead of him looking foolish on youtube.

I can see where he is going with this and I guess Welcome to ATS good start by the way.

This persons YouTube may have been compromised and someone is attempting to discredit the original author of the vids.

Just because someone can manipulate a site does not close a book.

As I said.. could he not edit the "info" on the vids so as to inform the populace on the net as to what those vids represent? Not all will look at this sig an read that ATS site was added...

Also.. he says here their fake but leaves the info on YouTube as factual...

Shrug... whatever...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NibiruShock2012

There are definitely many people waiting desperately for info, like your videos seemed to be, on many subjects. This kind of thing is common for example in UFO areas.

Welcome though to ATS and enjoy the intelligent debate!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer

Why did you perpetrate such a hoax?

I dont believe in Nibiru theories, but its bloody hoaxers like you that give legitimate seekers of truth a bad name.

Sorry mate, but youll get no sympathy from me. Shame on you

Edit: Might I further suggest to any mods reading to ban this user, log his IP and ban him from posting any further on this site. His credibility is now worth less than mud.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by 44soulslayer]

/cosign

I completely agree... known hoaxers should be shot... err... banned on sight!! They completely degrade the quest for truth by spinning lies.

Keep ATS hoaxer free!!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Also.. he says here their fake but leaves the info on YouTube as factual...

Shrug... whatever...

Good point! Could that not perhaps be changed NibiruShock2012? Even just in the name of honesty?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Did the guy who hoaxed the Haiti UFO video say it was a hoax on youtube? No, he uploaded another video which is what I'll be doing. If you wish to believe I am some "youtube hijacker" trying to take credit for this type of thing then, well, that's pretty funny to say the least.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Speaking for myself:

I not impressed with the admission of faking these videos, there is nothing honorable in lying to hundreds of people. It's people like you that give the legitimate grounded conspiracy theorist a bad name and make it so difficult for us to be taken seriously. Sorry to sound so harsh but people that hoax for attention or whatever reason only serve themselves and those that truly are working against the publics best interest.

I don't have anything else to say...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

You're entitled to your opinion. There are more hoaxes than not floating about all over the internet and maybe now more people will look harder and question more rather than taking things at face value.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You have my respect for coming forward this way

You could have let it ride. I'm sure many here who may not post in this thread would feel the same. When you post the next video, please start another thread and let us know? The responses you get should be really telling.

This won't change the die-hards minds though. There are many who want it to be true so badly they will accuse you of lying about the videos being fake to cover up some thing they invent. The web sites you mention are likely to invent a story, just as you did. Goes with the territory.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
'

so what was your original purpose in creating the hoax?

to just mess with people?

or to add to the pile of hoaxes purposely improving the odds of newcomers to the object in question to be swayed away from considering any truth of the matter.

works both ways I guess.

-

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NibiruShock2012

Did the guy who hoaxed the Haiti UFO video say it was a hoax on youtube? No, he uploaded another video which is what I'll be doing. If you wish to believe I am some "youtube hijacker" trying to take credit for this type of thing then, well, that's pretty funny to say the least.

Sounds like you're gloating in the spot light... one you created and one that has no solid foundation to be beneficial to the audience or ATS.

Either your here to discredit the original author of that Youtube account or are getting messages that is inconveniencing you.

Again.. whatever ... If your looking to clean the slate you would have removed the material on YouTube... since its still up .. to many variables to take you as being legit one way or the other.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Willbert]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
You have my respect for coming forward this way

You could have let it ride. I'm sure many here who may not post in this thread would feel the same. When you post the next video, please start another thread and let us know? The responses you get should be really telling.

This won't change the die-hards minds though. There are many who want it to be true so badly they will accuse you of lying about the videos being fake to cover up some thing they invent. The web sites you mention are likely to invent a story, just as you did. Goes with the territory.

Welcome to ATS.

Well sadly, or maybe not, people already me banned and rightly so I guess. But as you said, I could have let it ride, made more videos about it kept gaining 20+ subs per day, but no. Of course people will say I'm being forced to do this, that I am sitting in some guarded room belonging to the government and typing this while having a gun held to my head, which I am not.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I will take the videos down and close the youtube account in my own time and leisure, not yours

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I will take the videos down and close the youtube account in my own time and leisure, not yours

Of course.. whatever works for you and your objectives... enjoy it while it lasts...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
'

so what was your original purpose in creating the hoax?

to just mess with people?

or to add to the pile of hoaxes purposely improving the odds of newcomers to the object in question to be swayed away from considering any truth of the matter.

works both ways I guess.

-

I already explained why. A source of insperation was the book and movie 'When Worlds Collide', some guy on youtube nailed that recently aswell. Apart from that it just came down to a simple test to see how many people would believe it. If you remember the dreamland guy on youtube who claimed to be an Area 51 employee he did it for similar reasons and got his insperation from Orson Welles.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

What about those who want to believe so badly they will accept any evidence no matter how contrived or obviously hoaxed. I wonder how that serves to "Deny Ignorance".

It is far better this person came forward than not. It eliminates all doubt. Those who believe in Niburu will still have any real evidence they have found; if there is any. I've only looked at the surface of this theory and found nothing worth investigating.

This is actually a pretty serious topic, as we are talking about the possible end of mankind here. Far from a hobby on the Internet I think. Real people are being terrified by this possible fiction.

If we do not encourage hoaxers to come forward by giving a positive response to them doing so, what do you think the chances are of more of them coming out with the truth?

[edit on 5/22/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I think maybe you are angry because you are a believer in this subject, and maybe believed the videos were/are real?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Thank you for making the point I was about to write out.

You can ban me by all means but I think maybe other people will want to know more before I relieve myself from your presence.

Who in their right mind would want to hear/see/read anything else from you?

You are an admitted liar and hoaxer. Some people come here to find some semblance of truth as it relates to the true oddities of the world and their own life. To try and connect the dots that you try and scribble over for kicks. I want truth not your silly games.

Planet X may just be a fantasy as I have yet to see any solid proof it even exists, but even I won't milk it for a little fame or the condescending self-satisfation in knowing people want to believe the unbelievable. Thanks though for letting me know to disregard your future threads and statements.

I'm not your test subject dude, so please go play God with someone else's time.

- Lee

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Why oh why oh why would someone who claims to be a hoaxer come to ATS to prove the point the vids are all hoaxes on youtube.

Which one of us has posted on his youtube vids claiming fake and left an ATS calling card, for me when someone tries to prove their case has vermently as the OP I kinda see a smoke screen and a hidden agenda.

I guess time will tell.

Wolfie

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I'm not condoning what you did in any way, but I am saying you at least realized you should clean up your mess. That is the right thing to do.

None of us can go back and change any mistakes we may have made, but we sure can clean up after ourselves and rebuild any bridges we may have burned.

Being a Christian, I immediately turn the other cheek as I know that is always the correct answer. What matters now is what you do in the future.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I think maybe you are angry because you are a believer in this subject, and maybe believed the videos were/are real?

Sorry to disappoint you. I did not watch your Vids.. nor do I have any opinion on the subject matter regarding "planet X" or whatever.

Just don't believe you and it seems the nut jobs who may have replied to you via messages has bored you and wish to find some venue to release that inner "glee" feeling of fouling some individuals with fantasy.

Or...

Someone looking to throw a wrench in the scheme of things to create confusion or justification in order to curtail the original author by hijacking his account and saying hoax...

Either way you bore me, just as your thread does...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join