It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court: Texas had no right to take polygamists' kids

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

The problem with your kind of thinking is; it ends up being a witch hunt.
Maybe all the children of the government agencies involved in this, should be rounded up. Subject to, pelvic examines, DNA testing, drug testing and questioned as to the atmosphere of their homes. With all results of, SDTs, pregnancies, abortions. drug and alcohol use, who beget who, made public?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

dont beleive we will ever see an appropriate governement action when it comes to religious groups-not in a country where Church and State must be separate. It has been my experience that most churches practice a certain amount of "brainwashing", and children are brought up with it. No, nothing like raising your daughters to unconditionally obey men and accept that they have no personal/sexual rights whatsoever. I cant condone that whatsoever.
reply to post by raven bombshell

This is nothing more then the prejudical attitude of the 'secular society"
that encourages this kind of persecution. Secularist often have a holier the thou, self righteous attitude, about themselves. Much worse then those in your typical religious organization. Especially the Christian ones.
Who know about the natural tendency to be a hypocrite... "Beware of the leaven of the pharisees, which is hypocrisy". Jesus

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I think they are just a threat to those who want everyone to be the same as them. How dare they not comply with our norms.
reply to post by verylowfrequency

That is it exactly. People who trust the secular society and culture for their righteousness, don't like anyone being different in their midst. They see them as a threat, to their feelings of "living the only right way".
Heck, isn't this attitude, also part of the source, of wars between countries?

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Howie47]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Howie47

I think there is hypocracy on all ends from both religious and secular society. But if these people choose to live the way they want to live that is their choice. Its not for me to decide how they are to live. Look some of the people within made the choice not to live that way so they left. If you ask all the men and women there they all want to live that way. Its called freedom and in America I think we need a little more of it without worrying about being persecuted for it.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I think there is hypocracy on all ends from both religious and secular society.
reply to post by mybigunit

Agreed, I'm just saying that most Christians are at least aware that this is bad behavior. Or at least they should be. Of course churches are full
of hypocrites, that are extremely self righteous. That is one reason why I am not a member.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I wonder how many of those kids have already been auctioned off on the elite pedo market.

It will be interesting if they can only return, say 300 or so of them. Let's hope that is not the case.

Good for the fiat courts to finally save some face. But, that is all they are really doing here.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Agree totally with this post. Sometimes a personally disgreeable religion, or lifestyle, has to be guaranteed equal consideration and protection under the law until the real picture is determined.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ionized

If they do not return all those children , this will hang around the neck of that judge like an albatross for the rest of her life. People will be looking at her and pointing at her for the rest of life. She will be treated like Janet Reno. Contrary to what people outside of Texas believe not many people in Texas agreed with this action. Yes ,FDLS people will become rich at the expense of the state. Hopefully, CPS will be forced to change the way it opperates in Texas.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I agree that CPS had no right to take all children. I do not agree with children or person's under the age of 18 getting married. I do think that CPS does get the job done but not all the time. CPS is not perfect and sometimes screws things up, this case being a big time screw up.

I feel sorry for the children in this case. These poor children are the victims in this case. They have no say in how they are raised.

On another note, I would love to be able to live on a ranch or a piece of land the size of theirs! Away from civilization, such a this! LOL With friends, family, etc. Not necessarily in a religious sect but just away, where I could live as I wish and just visit town as needed. Away from traffic, etc. Wouldn't that be nice. I have always admired the Amish for that reason.

Cheers!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by eradown

You are correct and many, such as myself, have been outraged over this.

The call to raid the compound had to come from the director of the DPS. I knew him, very well, many years ago. This man has majestic aura about him. He is highly intelligent and level headed. He is also a little intimidating do to the previous.

I can't for the life of me figure out why he felt he had to handle this situation in this manner. It's not his way of doing business. That makes me wonder if someone else was putting some pressure on him...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
reply to post by Ionized

If they do not return all those children , this will hang around the neck of that judge like an albatross for the rest of her life. People will be looking at her and pointing at her for the rest of life. She will be treated like Janet Reno. Contrary to what people outside of Texas believe not many people in Texas agreed with this action. Yes ,FDLS people will become rich at the expense of the state. Hopefully, CPS will be forced to change the way it opperates in Texas.

Yep.

I live in TX, and I think it is all a bunch of BS. So does everyone I talk to.

Good post, and a star for you

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 23/5/2008 by xxpigxx]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by princessjade
I agree that CPS had no right to take all children. I do not agree with children or person's under the age of 18 getting married. I do think that CPS does get the job done but not all the time. CPS is not perfect and sometimes screws things up, this case being a big time screw up.

I feel sorry for the children in this case. These poor children are the victims in this case. They have no say in how they are raised.

On another note, I would love to be able to live on a ranch or a piece of land the size of theirs! Away from civilization, such a this! LOL With friends, family, etc. Not necessarily in a religious sect but just away, where I could live as I wish and just visit town as needed. Away from traffic, etc. Wouldn't that be nice. I have always admired the Amish for that reason.

Cheers!

I agree totally with living on 1700 acres of your own land in the middle of no where with family and friends I totally agree. Total freedom. Id have solar and wind power powering the house in fact I wouldnt even connect to the electrical grid. Id get my own water from underground well but get a whole house filtration. Grow my own food. I wouldnt go as far as to make my own clothes like them though

As far as the children being raised I agree I do feel bad for the children in all this but you know something I dont know of to many children who grow up in a perfect house. There is no perfect life there is just life and they will learn from these experiences and when they get older can make a decision on what they want to do. People have left the FLDS and moved on because they didnt agree with how they lived but the people who are there choose to be there and it is not up to me to tell them how to live or raise their children.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Personally I feel the minute they found out the phone call was a hoax it all should have been dropped and the children returned. I have a two year old. I can't imagine what would go through that little angels mind if someone raided our home and took her away to live with someone else. She wouldn't understand and would be a complete emotional wreck. Dare I say even have lasting mental damage from such a trauma. Oh man that just made me even more sad for those kids. Those poor babies being riped away from all that they have known.

Bastards! I hope they are held to the highest accountability and punished justly.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Evil penetrates. The children's homes were penetrated by evil. Evil said it was doing good by placing these kids in foster homes. I venture to say some of these people who wanted to house these kids had other motives than care. They wanted to penetrate children. I hope they did not get penetrated. They were so much safer at home. I hope lawsuits do justice.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think that this is a matter of perspective. I have a 13 year old daughter and never could imagine her being married. That said, my grandmother was married at the age of twelve (he was 17) and they were happily married for forty something years until my grandfather passed. It was a different time, and they both already were handling responsibilities that would overwhelm kids today.

What is a acceptable age to get married?

I really don't know. This seems to be determined location, era, and social conditions. I don't think that there is a clear cut answer.

If they find evidence of sexual abuse, then throw the book at the offenders they deserve it but there seems to a lot of evidence indicating that the state acted too quickly in this case.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Texas appeals ruling on polygamists' children

State supreme court is asked to block lower court order to release them
story

Government agencies will seldom back down and admit they've been wrong. No matter how much injustice and pain thier actions are causing. These people are ruthless! Remember the prosecutor a while back that accused some college athletes of raping a striper?

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Howie47]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Howie47

They will not back down, and will fight it to the end.

Like I said, it may already be too late for several of the abducted children, it is likely many have been injected to the black market system already. CPS must fight and appeal and win, and even if they somehow lose they will find an excuse for why they can not return several of the children. Child Prostitution Services wants YOUR children next.

It is surprising that militants have not stepped up yet to physically stop this corruption. Direct action is beyond justified at this point.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JustAnotherPoster

You would be angry if a social worker entered you house claimed your 13 year old was pregnant whisked her off to foster and demanded that she undergo a pelvic examination.One of the most embarrasing moments in court came when a CPS social worker was forced admit she only thought a 14 year old was pregnant because she refused to submit to a pelvic exam. It turns out the 14 year old was a virgin. That is state sanctioned molestation.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Howie47

That CPS is fighting this ruling is not a surprise. What they do not realize is that the longer this goes on the greater they are disliked. Win or loose. The state will pay dearly for this attrocity. The reputation of Texas is mud. The Texas Trans Corridor is not going to bring in enough riches to balance the poverty it is causing.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Consider the Mennonites. We have many around here. They are hard-working, self-disciplined, modest, self-sufficient, independent. They have a strong belief system. They have integrity. I suspect the "cultists" in question are much like this. People like this are alien and a threat to those in power.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join