It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow Musicians?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
just curious how many posters here are into making their own music? singers? emcees? producers? djs? musicians of any type?

so if so, what do you do? what type of music do you make? if you have any files of your music online feel free to drop a link so we can check them.

i dj, produce, play the guitar, bass and some drums. i'm uploading some files of mine and i'll post them here soon if anyone seems interested.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I mess around and make some tunes on my 4 track, I'm not about to release any records or anything though, it's just for fun.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
ha that's cool,,,i started out on a tascam 4 track, i still have it sitting in my closet somewhere at the bottom of a box. i mostly use multi-track sequencing software now like cool edit, sound forge, fruity loops and acid...cheaper than booking studio time.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have a tascam 4-track in my closet.

I've taken a bit of a break, but I used to write rhymes daily. I'm ATS' Freestyle Queen. Watch yaself!

Edited to add: Let's hear some of your material, enomus.

[Edited on 3/1/2004 by Bangin]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
hah, freestyle queen huh? that's cool.

www.zebox.com... - some clips of some older material of mine, as soon as i have some new tracks mixed down i'll update my site and post again.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by enomus
www.zebox.com... - some clips of some older material of mine, as soon as i have some new tracks mixed down i'll update my site and post again.

This # is going off man. You come with the sickness on these tracks. A friend of mine also produces downbeat breaks like this that my brother and I write over. If I were you I'd drop the fruity loops, it cheapens it. But hey, if it helps you write music like this keep at it! I'm serious, this # is tight.

Personally, I play bass, tenor saxophone and spin atmospheric drum & bass, jungle, tech & bass and all types of breaks in the 140+ range. I also produced breaks when I was younger (no time in school now, damn shame). Like I said before I write, but mainly just spit. I grew up moving from underground scene to underground scene and I've always been a fan of the Florida scene.

Keep it up enomus, this # is sick.

*EDIT: Grammar.

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by insite]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
thanks a lot for the kind words insite! i'd be interested to hear any mixes you might have available, i dig all kinds of music.

If I were you I'd drop the fruity loops, it cheapens it. But hey, if it helps you write music like this keep at it!

ha, well the truth is, besides the corniest name in the history of software, FL Studio 4 is one of the sickest mulit-track recorder / sequencer software options on the market. in all honesty, i probably could have said i made those beats with a MPC and you wouldn't have known the difference. it's rumored that rza produced most of 36 chambers on a 4 track...i've always said it's the ear that makes a good producer, not the gear.

anyway, enough of my rants...thanks again for the listen.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
guitar and trumpet. i have my own band too

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I make my own music songs and Lyrics

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
anyone have anything of theirs to post?

bangin, bust out your 4 track, i'll send you a beat

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I play guitar and bass fairly well. I can stumble through trumpet, piano, clarinet, and a little bit of flute too. My instrument of specialty is the kazoo. Any song ever written could have been made better with a short kazoo solo. Also, I'm about to take up harmonica pretty soon. Just looking to do more bluesy type adventures. Also, I can stumble through many percussion instruments other than a full set drums. I just can't get my feet to cooperate with my hands.

My style of choice has been, lately, folk or better yet acoustic rock. There is nothing better than the sound of my Fender F-15. Even though it is older than hell, it still sounds wonderful.

I'm also looking to venture into a few other interesting instruments. I'm torn between taking up Citar(sp?) or the banjo.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
right on oxman, i'm with you on the acoustic guitar thing...i play guitar, a friend of mine has a sitar, i've messed with it a few times, pretty cool. i've always thought banjos were cool but i've never tried to play one.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Hi,

Singer/Songwriter/Play about 8 instruments, working on my next CD as we speak. Samples of my work available on my site. Older style of music, though I have been using drum loops as the basis for some of my newer material...but real istruments and such.

Enjoy.

johnludi.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I use an mpc 4000, soundforge, and cubase. I also play guitar and do vocals. Im in a punk/ska band, but we havent recorded anything.

I have some stuff on djnothing.net, but nothing new yet. It was stuff I made about 5 months or so when I first got the MPC, so its sort of terrible.

I also have a side project on there called FGPHM, but its only good if you enjoy dissapointment. Just me being retarded. Its where I lump all of the silly stuff I do together.

I have one actual DjNothing track on there, but its an unfinished version of a song called 'spacewhore #5'....the real one is almost finished, and its much better.

The sound of my new stuff is sort of like KMFDM or Rammstien. Anyways...........Ill post again when I get the new stuff up if anybody is interested.....

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
definately man, i'd like to check your track.

ludi, i'll check your tracks tomorrow from work, i'm on dialup now.

top topics

join