It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLDS Human Rights Violations are Fraud Reminiscient of KGB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

FLDS Human Rights Violations are Fraud Reminiscient of KGB

economicspolitics.blogspot.com

In his book The Gulag Archipelago, Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn talks about how strange it was when he first realized that he was being arrested in a large crowd of people on the most specious of pretexts by the Soviet KGB. His life was instantaneously changed forever for the worse. He had done nothing wrong, yet there was also nothing he could do to preserve his freedom, because if he had cried out, no one in that large crowd would have believed (dared to believe?) his word vs. that of the KGB agents.

The state of Texas has now gone the KGB one step better: 416 children and their mothers have been arrested in a much larger crowd, and you are statistically likely to be part of that crowd of people who think that the FLDS people had it coming.

You are oh so wrong.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Many people are sitting on their rumps in this country and laughing at Texas and at the women in their prairie dresses. They think it can't happen to them. If their are child abusers among those FDLS parents it is not likely that it is higher proportion than average. The charges against those people have been trumped. At the root of it is greed for the ranch. Unless this is stopped, many more people not assosiated with FDLS will be paraded up court steps to face scandalous trumped up charges ,all designed to bankrupt the accused, while never do wells make fun of their clothes and hairstyles.

economicspolitics.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Well, this is just someone's blog post, really. But they do make some good points that many of us have been following.

This case is so full of lies and disinformation. The CPS workers have made it clear that they do NOT want to return custody to these parents. They ripped infants from their parents' arms, and took pregnant mothers so they could RIP the newborns from them as they were born
This is beyond sick treatment.

I am glad some people see the injustice happening. I wish the rest of the world would wake up. This is demonizing people of a different religion, just like in the middle east, what we are doing to Muslims. Except this case is HERE IN THE US !!!!

Please, god, someone, STOP THESE MONSTERS

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I generally am very much against the interference of the state with religious affairs, communities, and beliefs, as much as I am against the imposition of religious beliefs onto public affairs and policies. I am also wary of mainstream religious groups (e.g. Baptists, Methodists, Episcopalians, and Catholics, to name just a few) who call other belief communities "cults" and label their beliefs as outrageous. ALL institutionalized religions are cults with outlandish beliefs (Christian church institutions, as we all know, believe in magic: e.g. immaculate conceptions, virgin births, people rising from the dead; miraculous waters that cure the sick, and the face of Jesus in a water stain on the side of a building or in the pattern of bark on trees.) However, I'm disturbed by comments on this blog claiming that all charges against this group are trumped up, and especially the claim that the rate of sexual abuse in this group is probably no more than in other groups. Yes, this kind of abuse happens in other cults, such as in the Catholic church. (No surprise there.) But the the problem here is that this group holds as one of its most prominent beliefs that men may use women and girls the way they want, and that they can force these females to marry them. Most Christian institutions are misogynist in character (Thank you, St. Paul!), but most of them, at least, do not state as a doctrine the right of men to have sexual relations with female minors and with their own female relatives, and as many of them as they can acquire. So please let's not get too carried away with sympathy for this group. This is abuse, plain and simple.

top topics

join