It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am the Test Subject

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well I have always been interested in the different hormones our bodies produce and what these hormones do outside what is already known.

I will start by saying I believe a small portion of things I read unlessI have personal experiences with them.

Here's the deal: I ordered a lab produced hormone, oxytocin, which the brain naturally produces to regulate emotion. SO it's said when I apply this hormone to my clothing/self it leads people to be more trusting of me. It also seems to promote social interaction, and might be used to help people with social phobias or autism. Oxytocin is also called the "love hormone" and helps promote mother/baby bonding.

Here is the link: www.verolabs.com...

The day it arrives I will let you know. I have decided while trying this stuff I will not wear deoderant, lotion or anything which has an odor to it. I'll shampoo my hair and bath and brush my teeth with baking soda. I want to get the full effect should there be one. Please feel free to offer places I might want to try it out at.

I have 2 places in mind already- The bookstore and my mortgage company in which I have an appointment to apply for a construction loan the first week of June. I am not an outgoing person so this should be interesting.

Does it work or will it be crap in a bottle? We will see.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
After doing a bit of research on Oxytocin it appears that simply applying it to your clothing and person would cause no affect on the behaviour of others. It somehow has to reach the brain of the individual(s) one intends to affect either by injection or by administering the hormone as a nasal spray.

The "smell" based aspect of the oxytocin effect seems to be that once the hormone is in the brain, the brain then "locks on" to the smell of whatever it is that is perceived as the cause of the increase in oxytocin. (A baby, a lover, etc.) Simply smelling oxytocin on another would not have an effect such as the one you are hoping to test.

en.wikipedia.org...

This doesnt mean that it isnt an interesting experiment, but if the compound you are buying is expensive, you might want to consider if it is worth it.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The name "Liquid Trust" simply reeks of elaborate marketing techniques applied to a generally unknown and therefore mysterious substance.

I tend to agree with Illusions, in that this substance is only effective when administered internally. There is currently another thread going on here about Oxytocin as well, you mind find it interesting.

Great experiment though, I'll be waiting to hear your thoughts later on.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I do agree somewhat with what you say but a few months back I did an experiment with my husband in which I won't go into as its a little weird, but needless to say he had no idea and the results were a success every single time.

All I will say is it involved his pillowcase and the collar around his t-shirt he wears around the house at night.

I think we subconsciously smell things that are not noticable to the conscious mind all the time. So this is why I figured "what the hell I'll see if "their" pheromone type substance can compete with mine.

p.s. Liquid Trust is a whacked marketing name for sure but thanks to a brother in law who works in a local chem lab I might be able to get the exact ingredients of the stuff.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by LostOne]

new topics

top topics

join