It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just about Everything You Could Want to Know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I was browsing the web last night, and came upon this site. It has just about everything you could want to know about survival tactics, and links to numerous manuals as well. I've seen similar information scattered all over the web, but this is the first site that I'm aware of at least, that pulls it altogether in one place.

It doesn't cover the the basic survival skills like shelter construction, fire starting, signalling, etc., but you can find all that information right here on ATS.

I just thought I'd share this little treasure trove of knowledge with all of you. Some of you may already be familiar with the site, but for those of you who are not, enjoy.

Training and Skills

[edit on 5/22/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
very interesting link, with some very "interesting" articles that I must read too. Thanks for sharing your find.

Survival is one topic where "information overload" never comes into play.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Great find Lloyd. Can't wait to spend some time there.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
No problem worldwatcher. Knowledge is only useful it's passed on to others. You never know what seemingly trivial bit of information may save your life one day. As you've said, you can never know too much! Thanks for the reply.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

Thanks reluctant. It seems like a pretty well organized site, and all the hyperlinks I tried worked fine, which is really unusual. Appreciate the reply.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The essay about what just one gun can do was really quite moving. It might change the mind of some about how the people can defend against a standing army.

If twenty million people [more I am sure but trying to be conservative] own firearms in this country that is more than most of the standing armies put together. I would think that alone would be deterrent to any that might want to bring about martial law.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

It's an excellent article RP, and makes complete sense to anyone wishing to protect themself or their loved onesin a Sitx scenario.

I especially liked the article on survival fighting. I've seen several post here on ATS asking for exactly the type of information it covers. A person would be pretty well versed in survival if they just read half the articles listed.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Great catch LLoyd45!

I can see many late night sessions ahead of me trying to take in everything this site has to offer, thanks!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
That's a sharp link!
They are more thorough and keen than some elements of the forces I served with

1* for you my friend

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Mighty fine stuff you have found there bro, mighty fine indeed.

This is one of those threads that should be flagged, methinks.

The amount of info on that site is pretty overwhelming for the average reader, but should be in the bookmark of every ATS survivalist browser... IMHO.

Everyone should take a gander at that

Cheers,
T-

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
exellent site lloyd, really usefull, i will do some print outs later.
thx m x

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Thanks for the links. Great sites.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by leearco

No problem Lee. I hope you get alot of use out of them.

top topics

join