It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote Viewers see Giant Iranian Radiation/Gene splicing Terrrorist Spider Project

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

August 4, 2008

TEHRAN, Iran—Iran's official IRNA news agency is quoting the chief of the country's Revolutionary Guards as saying that Iran has tested a new weapon for use at sea.

The commander, Gen. Mohammad Ali Jafari, claimed the new marine weapon is "unique in the world" and has a range of 186 miles.

Monday's report provided no further details and didn't say when or where the weapon was tested. But it quoted Jafari as saying that there is "no similar weapon in the service of armies in the world."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

source

Maybe the OP meant giant sea spiders.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
maybe they saw these:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

I'd probably say its remotely possible, though without a trustworthy link or pictures to view, I'd have to say this is just wishful thinking, or un-wishful thinking. Some people just won't stop trying to raise reasons why we should goto war with iran. Can we just stop pretending or assuming or hoping for war against iran? If they hate us like we keep hearing then they'll attack us, which is fine with me because then we can fight back, but lets stop looking for reasons to fight. Don't take my words out of context now, I just feal it takes a bigger person to get slapped in the face before thinking of violent actions.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
hehehe

this is the end
we are all doomed

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
clearly we need some giant radioactive pomilidae wasps, have them spiders falling over their own legs to get away...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Just to kind of put a cap on this thread for anyone actually wondering if this could be possible... it cant.
Insects with an exoskeleton have a trachea system.
This is much like our circulatory system which they also have but it does not deliver oxygen. Thier trachea system does. They breath through their exoskeleton and the trachea system branches off like veins and capillaries. However this trachea system is one of two things that stops them from being so big.
The trachea system is unable to support the body of an insect if it is any larger than the bird eating spider. It is the largest insect and no others can be larger because od the tracheal system. The second problem is the atmosphere it does not have enough oxygen to favour the trachea system.
Millions of years ago the atmosphere heavily favoured the tracheal sytem because there was so much oxygen producing vegetation, hence there were enormous insects.
BAck to today, even if they did genetically create a gigantic spider it would quickely suffocate and die as would a giant scorpian also mentioned in this thread.
I know it would be awesome to imagine such entities but as a member here i have to defy the ignorance.
Look it up if you dont beleive me... sorry fellas

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
This would be like building a shed from the inside without a door....

Say for some reason which defies all the laws of nature (and physics), Iran was able to create such a beast.

How would they ship them over our way? Purolator / UPS

Nothing worse than having a 10-20 foot tall hungry spider sitting at the airport waiting for a flight.

Something Dr.Evil would think of I believe..

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Arachno-jihad? An interesting idea, and certainly not what the Great Satan would be expecting. But it would never work; they would never be able to train the giant spiders to press the the trigger on the suicide bomber vest.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dirkboy

WHY does this sound like the back story to 8 legged freaks?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jdizzay87
clearly we need some giant radioactive pomilidae wasps, have them spiders falling over their own legs to get away...

YEEEESSSSSS!
(plus giant wasps would be a little cooler to watch, although, how would we control them after they've eaten the spiders?)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join