It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting Finland,12.5.2008 broke to news

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
From his angle of view, the lights of an aircraft on final approach would appear to descend alsost vertically. This may well have put the idea into his head. Do you not agree though - he knew that video was of an aircraft taking off from the airport.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This week many finnish online news have told about this strange ufo. One ufo research society member told that this is real film. (He also told that aliens are not so bad, they want only search our brains or something like that. If UFO takes you they will send you back.. :-) )

In Finland (my home country) we dont have many ufo reports and this was.. .. something.

Somebody knew immediality that this was airplane. If you live close airport you surely see this kind of lights?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
That airport in question is very busy so if it was a plane then I'd assume alot more sightings would happen. I'm very familiar with the city/area in question, born and raised here

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hello from Tampere.

I happen to live very close to the place of the sighting, so I've been reading about this with interest. I just came back from checking out the place of the sighting for myself (also getting a pizza).

First, the place is very easy to find and there are good landmarks to determine the line of sight. There's a path on the ridge behind the sports field and it's only slightly below the level where the video was shot. I think we can rule out the explanations about a ferry and the waste water treatment plant. The water plant is too far to west from the location and even if for some reason the flame would reflect off the lake it propably wouldn't be bright enough. I also doubt it would have been a boat, because the ridge is high enough to hide most of the lake from the point of view of the video - not all though, so it's not impossible.

Since the light moves counterclockwise that pretty much rules out stars or planets as the explanation.

So, this leaves us with a light either in Pirkkala behind the lake or above it in the air. There's a very large and very bright sign for Bauhaus on the other side of the lake. It's supposed to be off during the nights because it bothered the local residents. However, if it for some reason was on it might be visible trough the trees. However, it obiously wouldn't move around...

So, then we get to the landing lights theory. The airport is there behind the lake and behind the Bauhaus sign, very much on the line of sight. As mentioned the Ryanair flight from Standsted lands at Pirkkala airport at 22.40, the time of the sighting.

So, I would say the airplane theory is a very plausible one. If the light wasn't from that plane but something more unusual then people in the plane should have seen it. It was the sunday night so the plane was propably more or less full. So in my experience we should have at least dozens of people staring out the windows as the plane approaches the field. That being unless the flight was late or early.

I wasn't there of course, so I won't say it was a plane, just that looking at this from the outside it sounds like a valid theory. At least I would like to hear from Forell why he doesn't think it could have been a plane.

Now there's also one other thing that hasn't been mentioned. On the east side of the lake there is a military depot in Kalkku. On the west side of the lake there's is the Finnish air force's flight technology center (lentotekniikkakeskus) in Vuores. Both of these are only few kilometers away. There is also currently a military excersise in the area (though it hadn't started yet on the 12th). So there are also military planes and helicopters flying in the area.

And about the theories of a deliberate hoax. Even if this turns out to be a plane I would like to believe Forell is genuine with this sighting. I don'tknow him personally, but we finns generally don't like drawing attention to ourselves. He has been open with this sighting and as far as I know has talked to ufo researchers in person and on the phone. To take a hoax that far wouldn't be very usual behaviour in this part of the world - or at least I'd like to think so. It's easy to misidentify lights and when the sighting gets this much attention I can understand if he's hesitant in admitting that there could be an "easy" explanation.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
That is sooooo sweet ! Great for you to have experienced that... here in Canada I only know one person that's ever witnessed a strange craft like that.. I think its amazing !

I truly believe that the reasoning behind the UK, Australia, Brazil and other countries in releasing their UFO files, is that they KNOW we will soon be visited - literally on the ground, as normally they just check us out and take off - who can blame them? We're like the black sheep of the Universe. I hope they do come and help us intelligently deal with our Planet issues - and perhaps provide us with a broader spectrum of enlightenment, as you all know, we Humans think we're the cat's meow.

I happen not to think that - we're so primitive to them, and we lack the capacity to truly make ourselves readily self-sufficient and strong within the Universe. They likely keep an eye on us - because who wants the likes of us spoiling other planets?

Just my two cents - thanks for providing this info. Great Stuff !

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
this vid. looks really special, great experience! have you been the only one who saw it or where there more people ?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Don't let the haters detract you Forrell. It was as sure as ants at a picnic to come about. What I saw by the footage is clearly a ufo. Don't let them get you down.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Don't let the haters detract you Forrell. It was as sure as ants at a picnic to come about. What I saw by the footage is clearly a ufo. Don't let them get you down.

You just can't insult those types enough.
Who trained them in blimpology.
Or UFO dis infoology.
They are frightened people due to the government free energy card holding.
They have to be oil company employees trying to save their job.
Travel by UFO free if 4 ft, wear a jump suit and use green dye on your face.

There is a delete button, better that than answering them.
At least the posts are saved when the switch is turned off.

I have enough good posts to last on my videos and might turn
off the posting switch.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrdyn

Again people only saying something without thinking.

He has a video of the object, who cares if there is an airport nearby some pilots see many strange lights near them. If you were in a UFO from another planet would you not want to be close enough to see what they travel in, just the same as we would do to them if we could do it.

Forell as I stated in our U2U thisis the real thing and don't worry about the people trying to debunk your experience. You know what you have seen and you have the proof.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Good sighting, documented, good job on grabbing some video regardless of the source.... thanks for the report.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well Forell told me that similar lights was seen in Tampere often. Do you think that Tampere (Pirkkala) is normal alien space craft landing site? Maybe it is but why dont we have more reports about that????

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
So the aircraft explanation would make sense then. Daytime images from the same scene would be appreciated, some wide and some with as long a tele as you can manage.

I could do the wide, but my longest tele is only 105mm

[edit on 23/5/2008 by PsykoOps]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
"Daytime images from the same scene would be appreciated."

Ok, man who solved the case (you can check s24 ufo forum if you understand finnish) had daytime images; "ufo" was above lake surface so it was airplane.

Like I said similar lights was seen in a area (ufo video man told me!).

Well, go to you-tube and search words: airplane landing night. You can see similar lights-videos when airplane is landing..

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Oh, somebody beat me to it. Well that's it then...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Forell

Dear Sir,

Unfortunately I must inform you that we have found a normal reason for this UFO case from Finland.

Our UFO researcher Björn Borg contacted this evening to the Pirkkala Air Port, Tampere. He was informed that exactly at the time of the UFO sighting a passenger airplane (Ryan Air) from London landed at Pirkkala, at 22.42 o´clock (12th of May, 2008).

After contacting several times to the person ("Forell") who saw the pulsating light and shot it on video Björn Borg found out that precisely in the direction of UFO there is situated the Pirkkala Air Field. It seems to be that Forell (he has been identified) has lived in that place only for 3 months and doesn´t know the environment very well.

Of course there is always a possibility that near the landing airplane they have seen also extra objects, so it is not yet time to make final judgements.

As we know international ufologs have been worried about UFO sightings near airplanes during a couple of years; even some damages have been found in the aeroplanes, which have been near UFOs. We were informed about these cases by Timothy Good, the well-known British UFO researcher, who visited Finland on December 2007.

Our UFO association FUFORA has been active in researching UFOs since the year 1973. We get about 100-300 UFO sightings per year, and we publish analysis of them in our annual report book called Uforaportti (the last one was number 14).

Our website is www.suomenufotutkijat.fi

Tapani Koivula
chairman
FUFORA
Finnish UFO Research Association

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well we have still one problem. Pirkkala airport has one runway. If airplane landed from s-w this case is nailed. Maybe 22:40 airplane landed n-e, which is maybe possible? Then we have problem and case is open.

Ok, airstation is on Tre side so I think airplane landed s-w..

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So is it an aeroplane or have we found an inter galactic UFO landing site? It irritates me when people who believe in UFO's refuse to take on board anything the Sceptic says, and this is coming from some one who believes in the UFO phenomenon. I've seen many more much convincing sighting than these if I'm being honest. The only reason so many people jumped on this bandwagon was because it was sighted in a relatively small country where UFO sightings are few and far between.

The footage reminds me of this video. Lake eerie. I think this video turned out to be aeroplanes.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 23uFriday08/27/20 by paul76]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Seriously? His name is Bjorn Borg? I suppose that probably isn't that uncommon of a name in Scandinavia. However, Mr Finnish UFO Researcher (if that is really who you are, you DID make the post anonymously), I have a hard time believing that is a plane. I spent the first 1/2 of my life living right smack next to an airport, I know what planes look like coming in, taking off, sitting still, day, night, dusk, and dawn. The video is quite bad but I see nothing that resembles a plane, or any landing lights I've seen. But what do I know?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
You have to into account that this airport is several kilometers where this footage was shot. If you lived right next to an airport you probably didn't get the same point of view. Then there is factors like the poor quality optics of the camera etc. to add.

[edit on 23/5/2008 by PsykoOps]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I great post and there is no way was it a plane, the landing lights do not shine like that and it was moving to slow.

Sceptics have the personality of a Taipan, anything that does not fit the norm they strike to correct it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join