It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting Finland,12.5.2008 broke to news

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sarderun

hi neighbor

Yes..everything has been considered.. it just blows me away for now. Nothing quite explains it. I hear these kinds of stories from other countries, but here..right on your backyard basicly. Unbeliveable sight.

Forell

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Moi!

I hear ya. This just gave me a whole new perspective to the UFO sightings, I'll make sure to be staring out of the window more frequently. Wouldn't want to miss something like that again! You just don't expect to see such things for real. The footage is sweet, would have certainly blown me out of the water too.

Just realized I was watching ice hockey at the time of the sighting. Damn them Canucks.

It's great that the media picked this up.

Starred and Flagged

E: grammar

[edit on 22-5-2008 by sarderun]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
im so gutted for you mate!

you should have got out there asap, still some good pics& videos theres congratz

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sarderun

Moro

Actually i was watching the game too..
but went to get something to drink and there it was. I sure left the game right there..The rest of the night was sleeples..running around and thinking " what the F**k.."

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Tampere in Finland is almost surrounded by large lakes. At the start of the movie clip, you can just about make out the darker blue/grey colour of the water behind the trees as it fades into the horizon.

The view is from higher ground, looking down towards the lake between the trees.

What you see are the rows of deck lights on the Tampere ferry as it passes by on the lake. The ferry docks at Laukontori Port - on the southern side of Tampere - and leaves every hour for a round trip to Viikinsaari Island, one of the local beauty spots.

Picture of the ferry here: www.uta.fi...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrdyn

You really think i havent watched the ferries around here? They can almost be seen from my position down behind the trees. almost. This "ferry" was in the sky first. You didnt experience the whole thing. Also sun was nothing compared to the colours and light of this "ferry". As a witness i say that is the most ridicilous thing i ever heard. You should have been there.

Forell

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrdyn

I quess you "ferry" was flying. Check out the waterline from my position.

Forell

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Forell

Your signature speaks for itself - as does mine.

Best wishes

Myrdyn

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forell
my UFO sighting in FINLAND 12.5.2008 just broke to the local newspaper.
Nespaperlink:

www.aamulehti.fi...

My story,

I have a fresh unbeliveable sighting just last week and i managed to video tape some of it with my cellphone. The footage is a bit crappy but the sighting was amazing and it maybe the only videotaped one in my country. Theres a lot of conversation and investigation going on right now about this.

Heres my story.

I was at my home when i noticed something coming down from the sky above a lake thats nearby my house. This pulsating disklike "thing" came slowly down to the treeline and started moving around slowly. Somethimes it was completely stationary and shining through the trees. The light and the brightness was unbeliveable. it messed up my cellphones zoom completely. It was kind of twinkling and pulsating like a star as it moved around, but it was big, and it was above this lake behind the treeline. The sighting lasted for about 5 to 10 minutes. As i ran to the lake there was nothing. But while going there, it was still flashing through the trees.
Meteor/star scientists investigated 3 of my videos and they concluded there were no meteors/firexxxxx at the place and time. They didnt have any other explanation than a reflection of something natural etc... So the videos went to the ufo investigators and the investigation is still going on and developping right now. I never seen anything like this before and maybe never will. I was in complete shock for the first few days. Just amazing sight.

Heres one of the videos as the object moved around behind the trees:

www.youtube.com...

Heres some still pics so you can see how the thing was pulsating:

b.imagehost.org...
b.imagehost.org...

The area of my sighting:

b.imagehost.org...

Thanks for listening,

Forell.

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'm sorry but that footage is just too bad to say what that is. I wish you'd had a decent camera, nice try with the phone, it's a real shame this could have been a good sighting.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

agreed
the experience is what matters to me. Its a shame i cant show it exactly how i saw it.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Forell

Well i'm glad you enjoyed the experience however when something so extroadinary is claimed then simple witness testimony isn't enough to prove it.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I do aplogise Forell - I have carefully studied a Google Earth close up together with your aerial images and new higher resolution view. It's quite apparent that this is no ferry as I earlier thought.

You are in fact looking over Pyynikki Park, directly directly towards Tampere-Pirkkala Airport and watching a plane take-off. A quick visit to Google Earth will confirm this.

The apparent colours and twinkling are caused by refraction of the plane's headlights through the atmosphere, trees and camera distortion.

Have you never noticed plane's taking off from there before?

[edit on 22/5/08 by Myrdyn]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrdyn

Yes. I see them daily. and this was nothing like the distant spots i sometimes bearly see landing to pirkkala. This was up close near the shore. But since talking to a sceptic is like talking to an ant..i dont feel the need to prove anything over here. I just came to share and thats it. Minute ago it was ferry now its plane. Whatever

Forell

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forell
reply to post by Myrdyn

Yes. I see them daily. and this was nothing like the distant spots i sometimes bearly see landing to pirkkala. This was up close near the shore. But since talking to a sceptic is like talking to an ant..i dont feel the need to prove anything over here. I just came to share and thats it. Minute ago it was ferry now its plane. Whatever

Forell

Your higher resolution photograph was what did it. I was able to pinpoint the exact location of the 'anomaly' on Google Earth. Previous to that, I could only guess where the lake was.

(Meet you on the other Forum)

[edit on 22/5/08 by Myrdyn]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Congrats and I hope others pick it up.

The area you live in looks nice. Keep a camera handy you never know if it might come back, I am excited with you.

You English is better then some Americans, lol.... I'm an American.

One last thing, the feeling inside you is cool isn't it. Did you feel or sense anything while you were getting your pictures?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

observe50,

Yeah, i was shocked. That was the first sensation. Cant explain it. Your mind tries to figure it out but cant. Complete ashtonisment. Its been more than a week and my mind is cooling down..but nothings the same anymore. Cool.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Forell]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm afraid that our advanced video technology has ushered out the time of even considering UFO footage to be real unless it is absolutely spectacular.

There are just too many things that can now be done digitally.

I'm looking in to trying to buy an old "film" movie camera for just that reason.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Forell - it was completly amazing! the lights , the colours.. wow!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Although not the best quality, this DEFINITELY beats any other UFO video... instead of seeing just another dark blob, we actually get to see some LIGHTS. I like to rely on my first impression, and usually that impression is "it's CGI," but this looks like there really was an object. It actually resembles a sighting a caller shared recently on Coast to Coast AM... he saw "a diamond...spinning...showing every color of the rainbow...like looking through a prism."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join