It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The James Cameron Enigma

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by wang_ke_~

THey are still there.. here is the one I mentioned.
I looked at the date from my profile then skipped to the podcast forum and found the thread by date. the link from the original thread works.

the smithsonian podcast

[edit on 22-5-2008 by NephraTari]

Thank Nephra! I'll listen to it a little later and will comment on it.
(sorry for the one-liner)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Will we live on Mars? Can we revive a model for Atlantis? Cameron makes his case for the importance of exploring new territories for the good of our collective sense of self. "Exploration is not a luxury. It defines us as a civilization ... It yields an inspiration dividend whose impact on our self-image, confidence, and economic and geopolitical stature is immeasurable," he contends.
- from WIRED Magazine.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Funny, I just watched "Titanic" and saw at the end "Directed by James Cameron", and thought about him.
Then I found this thread, I guess everything is connected !

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Yeah I did see your response. Don't get me wrong sky I like your thread and see the possible connection. Certainly if I was a rich writer/director/producer and latched onto some idea, I might try to divulge my theories via my films. I just don't feel that Cameron's films will lead to a disclosure. Whether he is trying to send the public a message or just exploring some of his ideas I'm neutral on.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

oh, I think disclosure is imminent...

...in the next 500 years

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You know whats funny is some of us instinctively knew these connections where there before any disclosure began. Before any books connecting them surfaced.

Perhaps he is one of those that have sensed the connection all along.

sometimes it takes the general populace for an idea to come from someone they recognize before they will accept it..

funny how that is isn't it?

Ah! So you got dropped off on the wrong planet too.

Besides - H G Wells - Roddenberry - and others came before Cameron.

If Roddenberry didn't have "piped in music" from higher beings - - I'm Bug's Bunny.

But . . . still looking forward to what Cameron can show us.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Wow! A very enlightening podcast (Nephra Tari) -- never thought to target the Smithsonian Institute specifically in the suppression of such information but your research in this area certainly does point in that direction.
In my view, it's just another organized effort to set up "standards" but in most cases, they are in fact only really setting up "standards" that support their biased point of view that allows them to maintain an strongly entrenched pre-existing status quo within that area of expertise and outside of it too. Because of this, anything that falls outside of the norm is simply -- debunked -- and anything can be debunked, btw, you name it and it can be debunked -- or it's shoved under the rug and ignored over and over and over again.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Roddenberry and HGWells were "tuned in" for sure.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
And one thing that I have found out is that the more overt and drastic such org's and groups are in their negation of information that's not in sync with "their point of view on things".. the more we know as outside researchers that those institutions, organizations and groups who are reacting this way to new information are in fact reacting that way because of FEAR... such bullying on their part is clearly seen as an act of COWARDICE from those of us who can see through their ridiculous antics. I find it rather amusing sometimes when they do this but nevertheless, it's unfortunate that this happens.. nonetheless.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
With his Exodus documentary Cameron tried to aim at just a little bit of disclosure...

...but the documentary was under bombardment from the press and the religious and quickly removed from the public eye...and flopped.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You know that is exactly how I feel most of the time. My body temperature is actually nearly 2 full degrees lower than the normal persons everyday as well.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You know that is exactly how I feel most of the time. My body temperature is actually nearly 2 full degrees lower than the normal persons everyday as well.

So is mine. If I hit 99 degrees - I'm really sick.

My daughter and granddaughter also.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

wow.. this is starting to really give me chills... do you think our sharing the same birthday could have anything to do with all these things?

I can't see how it could but this is starting to go that step beyond coincidence.

I think maybe we ought to start a study of people with our birthday?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well Scorpio's are amazing and intuitive.

You don't have AB blood - do you? That would be creepy.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Sorry to say I don't know James Cameron, but if I had money to produce anything I would choose a popular subject like the subject mentioned! So what I'm trying to say is: could it just be a marketing strategy? These are al popular well-known subjects, with kind of guaranteed succes. Put together with subjects which could wel be plain hobby's and you've got your connection! So coincedence is just as likely IMO.

Any way to just ask him
?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by saturnus1962

See my response to Mark on page one

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Addition: His film on jesus and ancient egypt flopped, his mini-submarine expeditions produced documentaries that cost him millions.

This is more about his recent private interests than his movies or marketing, imo.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

So maybe jesus is the red line (connector) through the 4 subjects. Now that's a story! Jesus was an alien, came from Mars, parked is UFO on Atlantis (sank it to hide it) and started civilization in ancient Egypt.

Oh sorry, no means to ridicule, just could not withstand the temptation.

If what you're saying is true, what would the overal stategy be? Wouldn't you agree that disclosure is only "real" when done by a government institute? Does he have connections there? Beside famous, does he has any politcal significance? Or would his fame be enough to draw people over the line?

If it is part of a plan we would need more characters like James to cover the whole world. But I like the idea and I also feel the connection without it being proven. Still lots to discover!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Either he just happens to be a fan of these things and persues them, or he´s simply "tuned in" to something higher or he´s part of an orchestrated attempt to familiarize the public with these topics. I dont know. But I love his topics.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
4. Extraterrestrials

His new movie due for 2009 is called Avatar and has a theme that ties in well with all of this:

In a distant future, humanity discovers the planet 'Alpha Centauri B-4', and for those scientists and astronauts who've traversed the gulf between neighboring suns and arrived on its alien soil know it as 'Pandora'. A world filled with an incredible diversity of beautiful and deadly ammonia-breathing lifeforms. Its also a world that harbors treasures and resources almost beyond price. But just as the original Pandora's Box wrought devastation on those who would use it for their own gain, so too this world may destroy not just the Pandorans home, but ours as well.

This is basically the "Visitors" and "Ancient Extraterrestrial Visitors" theory the other way around: Humans are the Extraterrestrials finding another planet and wanting to exploit its resources.

Son of a gun, Cameron! I didn't know about this. A science-fiction novel I've been poorly constructing, slowly, since late 2007 has a similar theme to this. Except it's not in the future that we're off plundering worlds as if they were African, Asian or Middle Eastern countries, it's now.

I guess I'd better twist it about some more and get it finished and sent out as soon as possible.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join