It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got an email from Ramsey Clark...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
OK, so I signed up to keep informed.

But what the email says, is interesting
to say the least.

President Bush has concealed, misrepresented and falsified facts essential to governance in a free society to mislead the Congress, the Judiciary and the people.

In his remaining eight months, President Bush will continue to threaten other nations in violation of international law and clearly intends to commit new aggressions in his belligerent presidency. If not stopped by impeachment he may strike Iran’s nuclear projects and immerse the United States in avoidable war for a generation far more exhausting than any we have known.

Seeking to prevent anyone from daring to even talk with empires, or peoples he proclaims “evil”, Bush invokes “appeasement” of the Nazis, as he condemns “...the false comfort of appeasement, which has been repeatedly discredited by history” to prevent any communication with enemies he selects. Yet he knows that not only Barack Obama and Jimmy Carter have proposed meetings with Iran, Syria, North Korea, Hamas, Hezbollah and others to resolve conflicts, but that his own Secretary of State, Condoleeza Rice, and Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates, Admiral William J. Fallon, immediate past commander of all U.S. forces in the Middle East and his predecessor General John P. Abizaid, among many other U.S. leaders, have urged dialogue with Bush defined evil empires, as a means of reducing tension and avoiding war.

George Bush knows only force. When he speaks of freedom as his purpose, he intends force as his means. Freedom from the barrel of the gun. He believes torture, kidnaping, secret detention are the way to freedom.

Above all he uses deliberate deception, concealment of facts and outright lies to the American people and the world as the way to start the wars he begins, but fails to end.

Completely arrogant, he built a $700 million dollar U.S. Embassy, the largest and most expensive in history, in the heart of Baghdad in the midst of a half decade bloody occupation of all Iraq, his Imperial Capitol in the Emerald City, exposed to daily mortar attacks. And a major new $60 million dollar U.S. prison away from home just north of Kabul, an Afghan Guantanamo, surely good for the recruitment of 25,000 Muslims from around the world who cannot bear to see a new alien torture factory on Muslim soil.

In the final eight months of his presidency George Bush has made it clear he will be the decider of the next eight years and more. What else can he mean when he lectures the Israeli Knesset telling it “...Israel’s population may be just over 7 million. But when you confront terror and evil you are 307 million strong because America stands with you.”, and in the same breath proclaims that letting Iran acquire nuclear weapons would be an “unforgivable betrayal of future generations ... America stands firmly with you in opposing Iran’s nuclear weapons ambitions.” And that immediately after both Israeli Prime Minister Olmert and major opposition leader Benjamin Netanyahu, whose address immediately preceded Bush’s, called for harsh action to be taken against Iran’s nuclear development.

Of course, Iran like the rest of the world knows both the U.S. and Israel have nuclear warheads capable of obliterating whole nations and major new nuclear arms programs, all in violation of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. Threatened nations may believe possession of nuclear weapons is the only deterrent to U.S. aggression.

While President Bush continues his quest for a “peace” agreement between Israel and Palestine, he arms and incites Palestine to civil war, condones ever expanding Israeli settlements in East Jerusalem and the West Bank and proclaims the U.S. as “proud to be Israel’s closest ally and best friend” in a rare moment of truthfulness, hardly reassuring Palestinians that he can be an honest broker and enraging Arab peoples who have suffered with Palestine for sixty years.

After praising Israel, which has brought Palestine to tenuous conditions of impoverishment and sudden death, Bush, who has reduced the population of Iraq to the most miserable and endangered on earth with one in five in internal, or external exile, lectures “nations across the Middle East” to “...treat their people with the dignity and respect they deserve.”

There has been no greater failure in the history of the Congress and the American people than our present failure to proceed with impeachment proceedings against George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and others for these long near eight years of high crimes and misdemeanors, trashing our most precious principles by torture, aggression, and lies, making America the enemy of humanity in many eyes. Our failure to act now may expose America and the world

Go Ramsey Clark!

[edit on 22-5-2008 by cutbothways]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Not sure what the big statement is here. None of this is anythiing new... much of it you can find said thruout these forums... and he doesn't give any ideas or plan to fix the problem.

I like R.C. but, "Go Ramsey Clark!"? I'll get on that train when there is some action and something worth cheering about.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

Yes, it's people like you who will sit on the fence, until that train you jump on takes you straight to the bowels of Hell my fellow creation of God.

Topics I Dislike
I guess that doesn't leave any, however ALL religions spring to mind (I do however give one of them the slightest of weight).

Which one do you give your weight? Satanism?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It's great to see politics are still alive in a presidential election year.

At least he didn't ask for paypal info for donations.

This guy has a long record of defending people of dubious character, which is what a lawyer is supposed to do. He seems to go out of the way to have high profile clients so his name is somehow etched in history regardless of the outcome from his stellar courtroom defense. Ask Saddam how well his lawyers defended him, oh you can't, they planted him.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cutbothways
reply to post by RabbitChaser

Yes, it's people like you who will sit on the fence, until that train you jump on takes you straight to the bowels of Hell my fellow creation of God.

Topics I Dislike
I guess that doesn't leave any, however ALL religions spring to mind (I do however give one of them the slightest of weight).

Which one do you give your weight? Satanism?

I'm not on the fence. I'm ready to go... I'm looking for a true leader to make the move and for ALL the rest of us, who are ready, to join in. I'm not going to 'cheer' for Clark for re-itterating what has already been known and said.

And, satanism... not sure where the logic is to lead you to that one. Just goes to show how flawed your thought processes are.

(And don't expect a response to your next poorly thought out response. I won't waste my time nor give your thread another bump with another post here)

[edit on 5/22/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
This guy has a long record of defending people of dubious character, which is what a lawyer is supposed to do...

Dubious character is a very nice way of saying it. This man has not met a murdering dictator or genocidal maniac he hasn't liked. Among some of his clients:

Slobodan Milosevic
Saddam Hussein
Elizaphan Ntakirutimana
Karl Linnas
Jack Reimar
The PLO (after the Achille Lauro hijacking)

He has made a habit of defending the worst of the worst. There is little redeeming about the man.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by cutbothways

cutbothways I'm going to make a broad statement concerning lawyers. Most all lawyers do nothing unless it benefits their personal agenda or that of their clients.

Never trust a lawyer unless you have him on retainer and then be careful what you say.

I would look long and hard into Mr. Clark's history and political associations before I would jump on his band wagon.

Like RabbitChaser, I'm ready to go. Hopefully a leader will make himself known before we are too far into a black hole.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Everyone can have a change of heart.

They will be forgiven.

Don't know much about Clark, other that what he said that I posted.

I like what he said. I can look past his past, if he wants to reveal the truth.

The truth, is never accepted graciously by those trying to keep secrets.

Maybe he's a shill, maybe not. I'm not against all lawyers, but I really don't care for the profession.

Having said that, if anyone wants to reveal the truth, their profession and past will have no importance to me, as long as the truth, is actually the truth.

And I think we can all (almost) agree, that Bush is a moron, a puppet on a string, a masonic New World Order plant.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I would look long and hard into Mr. Clark's history and political associations before I would jump on his band wagon.

Indeed. Clark has no problem with torture, murder, lies, or genocide, unless he believes the US may be somehow involved. He seeks to exonerate murderers and dictators by shifting the responsibility of their actions back on the United States.

His International Action Center has close ties and overlapping membership with the Workers World Party, a hardcore communist organization was/is fanatically pro-soviet, supporting the Soviet invasions of Afghanistan, Czechoslovakia, and Hungary, and Mao's Great Leap Forward. They were against Gorbechev's reforms towards the end of the Soviet Union.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I like what he said. I can look past his past, if he wants to reveal the truth.

It is not Clark's past. It is his present. He's not "revealing" the truth, he is pushing an agenda; he is all for murder, torture, rape and corruption. He defends it on a regular basis.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

It's not in my interest to defend Clark. It's possible he's a shill.

But you are arguing against what I posted that he said, which is
Bush is sending us towards Armageddon.

Do you disagree with this statement.

One last thing.

You signature Ex Scientia Vera, suggest you are part of the Cult of Cthulhu. Is this correct??

Call of Cthulhu: Ex Scientia Vera is a Neverwinter Nights 2 persistent server. Most of the roots of the setting find their origin with both H.P. Lovecraft's and August Derleth's Cthulhu Mythos and the original Call of Cthulhu pen and paper game. Though other influences such as ancient myths, fairytales and a very few aspects from more recent literature and novels have been added as well.

Those who know about Call of Cthulhu need little more information (because I'm not going to tell you the diffrences, you'll have to figure that out in the module) but those who are new to the concept should read on for a bit. In Call of Cthulhu the only playable 'race' available is human.

Cthulhu was portrayed as Davey Jones in the latest Pirates of the Caribbean

[edit on 22-5-2008 by cutbothways]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
"Ex Scientia Vera" is latin for "from knowledge, truth" it is also the motto for the College of Graduate Studies at Middle Tennessee State University.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

But you are arguing against what I posted that he said, which is
Bush is sending us towards Armageddon.

Do you disagree with this statement.

No, I don't agree with the statement. I don't think we are heading towards Armageddon. Is Bush, in the current view, a bad president? Certainly. But I don't think we are heading towards Armageddon.

new topics

top topics

join