It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ventura Fears 'We Did 9/11 To Ourselves'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Ventura Fears 'We Did 9/11 To Ourselves'

www.prisonplanet.com

Former Governor Jesse Ventura went further in his 9/11 skepticism than ever before today when he told the Howard Stern Show of his fear that elements of the U.S. government carried out the attack, stating, "I hate to fear....that we possibly did it to ourselves."

"There's a lot of very difficult questions that have not been answered and no one seems to want to provide any answers," Ventura told Stern, adding that the most prescient was, "That a third building could fall into its own footprint five hours later having not been struck by much of anything....the 9/11 Commission didn't even address the issue.

Pressed by Stern as to what he thought had happened, Ventura stated, "I hate to fear what could have happened that possibly we did it to ourselves," to which Stern responded "you're kidding me".

Ventura explained that he worked in demolitions when he was in the Navy and questioned how the buildings could fall at the rate of gravity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
As I've said before, I am not an expert on 911 and the theories that surround it.

What I HAVE always maintained is that there are many unanswered questions relating to the tragic events of that day.

More high profile people are now asking the same questions, some of them with a great deal of expertise in the area of explosives.

I applaud ventura's stance on this and the fact that he is asking the questions we all want answers to.

With enough of this kind of pressure, we may even find the truth someday.

Prepare for the MSM to start the propaganda train rolling by calling ventura a crackpot - when in reality, he's a patriot who wants answers from those in charge.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Prepare for the MSM to start the propaganda train rolling by calling ventura a crackpot - when in reality, he's a patriot who wants answers from those in charge.

Ya think?
Don't forget, this is a man that used to wear his underpants on the outside of his tights..

I can almost believe there really is a conspiracy to cover up 9/11 when the only 'celebrities' coming forward are those that are easily ridiculed. Much like the campaign to discredit UFOs.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

He's also a former mayor, governor and member of the armed forces - of course there remains the possibility that he is fame hungry, but if he was, why would he run for governor of minnesota, instead of heading straight for hollywood?

It's easy to dismiss the source - far more difficult to listen with an open mind and weigh the merits of what he says.
Something the MSM are incapable of, it seems.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
He's also a former mayor, governor and member of the armed forces - of course there remains the possibility that he is fame hungry, but if he was, why would he run for governor of minnesota, instead of heading straight for hollywood?

He actually already did the hollywood thing before he became governor. I guess I'm in the crowd that will chalk him up as a nutjob. He spent many years getting thrown around a ring and has had god knows how many concussions. Someday the "truth movement" is going to get a spokesman that can't just be written off as a whacko but Jesse isn't it.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Perhaps not - but if he's moving it in the right direction that can only be a good thing IMO.

These things are generally lots of little steps that eventually become big strides as a "movement" gains momentum.

I have no real opinion on what happened that day - but I agree that there are many questions which need answering.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
How/why does the fact Jesse Ventura used to be a wrestler qualify him as a nutjob? So all wrestlers are nutjobs? The Rock is a nutjob? If wrestlers are nutjobs, then surely actors are too, because wrestlers are acting, it's just a form or entertainment. To call him a nutjob for being a wrestler is so bigoted it's unreal, is this what America has come to?

He's a Navy Seal, have you ever served your country, let alone been one of the best of the best? Have you ever run for public office, let alone been in public office? No one had any higher approval ratings than him during his time on office in Minnesota. Other candidates were spending millions trying to get into office, and he could do it on a couple of hundred thousand. And it's also well documented how public office put a strain on his marriage, which is why he didn't go for Senator.

All that this man has given to his country both personally and professionally and you pass all of that off by calling him a nutjob? Please, give me a break from your small minded opinions.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethia

A very reasonable question - and he may be more credible than the man who currently sits in the whitehouse.

We know ALL about shrubs war record.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
i was too distracted by your avatar to concentrate on what you were trying to say.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This thread isn't about my avatar, and nor is it a place to complain about it, it's about jesse ventura's views on 911.

There are other views here if you'd care to comment on them.

Here's more from jesse ventura

"These two buildings were white elephants, they were losing money, they had asbestos in them, and they were being required by law to do over a billion dollars worth of asbestos removal," said Ventura, pointing out that WTC leaseholder Larry Silverstein made $7 billion dollars from his insurance claim after the attacks.

Ventura first went public with his questions about 9/11 during an on camera interview with Alex Jones in June 2006. He expanded on his thoughts during two subsequent radio interviews in April and May of this year.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
i hate to say this, cuz i like jesse, but he sounds like one of the many people who watched loose change after a few too many beers, thought it made great sense, didnt do any follow up research and went with it.

personally id love a chance to discuss the demo aspects of it with him. heck maybe he can point out to me what i have said all along i may be missing. i wont hold my breath but ill admit it could happen.

too bad jesse isnt taking my calls these days

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethia
How/why does the fact Jesse Ventura used to be a wrestler qualify him as a nutjob? So all wrestlers are nutjobs? The Rock is a nutjob? If wrestlers are nutjobs, then surely actors are too, because wrestlers are acting, it's just a form or entertainment. To call him a nutjob for being a wrestler is so bigoted it's unreal, is this what America has come to?

Did I say he was a nutjob because he was a wrestler?? I don't recall that, maybe I'll reread my post. In regards to the rest of your post, most actors are definitely nutjobs.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
I can almost believe there really is a conspiracy to cover up 9/11 when the only 'celebrities' coming forward are those that are easily ridiculed. Much like the campaign to discredit UFOs.

I'm sure that if looked into far enough, ANYONE can be easily ridiculed over something they've done in their lifetime. It's the oldest trick in the book, especially in politics. Find something about a person that we can ridicule, then we don't have to listen to what they have to say.

And the sheeple eat it up.

Reminds me of a history class in highschool I had. We learned about an election back in the day (don't ask me, it's been awhile) where one of the candidate's sisters was an actress. The other candidate advertised that his opponent's sister was a "thespian". Obviously thespian sounds like lesbian and he won. Just because the average person is stupid.

[edit on 5/22/2008 by Griff]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Dubya could quite easily be discredited for being an alcoholic and for dodging service during vietnam, but he isn't.

And why not?

Because he has the power and the MSM on his side.

Oh,and he apparently found god, who he speaks with on a regular basis, and who tells bush he must go to war.

It's easy to mudsling - it's a lot harder to find a semblance of truth.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
I guess I'm in the crowd that will chalk him up as a nutjob.

nutjob (n.) - A man who, after passed the Navy's tough psychological requirements to be recruited by the SEALs and then successfully endured the Navy's most strenuous physical and mental conditioning during training, says something that violates the world view given to you by the media.

Jon

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voxel
nutjob (n.) - A man who, after passed the Navy's tough psychological requirements to be recruited by the SEALs and then successfully endured the Navy's most strenuous physical and mental conditioning during training, says something that violates the world view given to you by the media.

Jon

nutjob (n.) - A man (or woman) who, after passing the Navy's tough psychological requirements to be recruited by the SEALs and then successfully enduring the Navy's most strenuous physical and mental conditioning during training, is repeatedly slammed on his head suffering multiple concussions by numerous hairy men and thereafter has off the wall and often insane world views.
usage - Jesse "the body" Ventura is a nutjob.

That seems better to me.

He's suffered multiple concussions during his time as a wrestler and before that playing football. So often that he has spoken publicly about them. "Repeated concussions can lead to long-term memory loss, psychiatric disorders, and other neurologic problems. "

Edit: PS. ATS is my media. I don't watch the news or read newspapers. I get 90% of my news from here. I filter it and throw out the junk, maybe you should try that too.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by BlueTriangle]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Well, I've never been slammed on my head nor have ever had a concusion. I hold a civil engineering degree with an emphasis on structural engineering. I believe at least some of what the body says is true.

Am I also a "nut-job"?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

2 questions

Do you have a neurological qualification or even a qualification from a similar field?

Would you be prepared to say this to his face?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You may be, but really who isn't. Put your feelings about 9/11 into a U2U and I'll let you know if I think you're a nutjob. What I can tell you for sure is that I wouldn't go betting the farm on Jesse Ventura being the man to bring the 911 conspiracies into the mainstream.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
***dupe post***

[edit on 22-5-2008 by BlueTriangle]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join